Sponsored

Something to fill the spare tire well?

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Has anyone come across something to put in here simply to hold up the trunk floor? I buy a couple of cases of water every week and now my trunk liner has collapsed into the spare tire well (no spare and I took the useless POS pump out).

Should I just try to get some dense foam and cut it to fit? I was thinking that packing stuff that they spray into the plastic bags and then it molds itself to the container would work well but I don't know where to get some.
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
If you don't want to go cheap like Bill suggested, you can always go for an airbag system and put the pump down there or get a nice speaker set up and put your amps in there. But Bill's does seem like the most straightforward.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Why not just remove the cardboard "floor", line the wheel well with carpet and make it your trunk.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Has anyone come across something to put in here simply to hold up the trunk floor? I buy a couple of cases of water every week and now my trunk liner has collapsed into the spare tire well (no spare and I took the useless POS pump out).

Should I just try to get some dense foam and cut it to fit? I was thinking that packing stuff that they spray into the plastic bags and then it molds itself to the container would work well but I don't know where to get some.

Just a thought...When u buy your water once a week....why not lift the trunk liner and put the water into the wheel-well itself?? Take it home, remove the water and put it in your house! Only something you have to do only once a week! Kinda makes sense to me??? IMHO

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
I put a trunk liner in mine. No problems carrying 12 gallon jugs, 3 case of bottles water. I bought the stock Ford liner because I found a used one at a good price. If I had to pay full price, I would probably do weathertech because it is more of a hard mold vs rubber.

Sponsored

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Look at the for sale threads and pic out a spare tire for when ya need 1 . There are always some for sale .

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Tools, survival gear, radiator fluid, oil, rags, etc.

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
on my 13, I cut a piece of PVC and secured it with the fastener that holds in the spare, Worked like a charm

Sponsored

smoke_wagon_6g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
Last edited:

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
The inflator pump is seated in a foam carrier that held up the floor. I bought the Ford spare kit and dropped it in there, and threw out that foam (kept the air pump for basketballs). But the old foam has a part number.

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/box-assy-stowage-6576287-1#partMatched

Expensive but maybe one on eBay?
I still have my original tire mobility kit’s foam support sitting up on a shelf in my garage after I swapped it out for an actual spare tire kit. Anybody who can use it, just say the word.

SiMuL

.wise selectah.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO PP
on my 13, I cut a piece of PVC and secured it with the fastener that holds in the spare, Worked like a charm
Speaking of, does anyone know the thread/pitch for the fastener that holds the spare down? I have a PP car, but I need to secure the wheel well better. Mind pops up and down on larger bumps and it's very annoying sounding.
Sponsored