Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
LOL if you want, but I won't pay for your Uber. Mine is a DD and miles don't worry me. I understand that everyone is very proud and attached to their car. I guess, I'm in the minority group of "it's just a car" at the end of the day crowd. Don't get me wrong, I very much enjoy this car, but it's no different than my 13 year old VW. Just a car.. Like I said, nothing was broken, no body was hurt. Only thing that was damaged was the relationship, and that could have been avoided.
Lmao :lol:. Won't get the Uber for me? DAMN. Almost had it made haha. :cheers:
Sponsored

Silver_Bullet_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rashad
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT Premium
Why do you wish it?
never heard of this before, I suppose if you are a big family and the car is insured, and you all live together, then its different
but for someone to come over, and just take the car for a drive, shows NO respect for the person or the person's car
it's an expression...i dont seriously want somebody to take my car...

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
OP checking in. I didn't want to post until I was calmer...

So some of you want the full story huh...

So i was working upstairs on my desktop and was called downstairs by an immediate family member. My car was parked in the driveway as it is sometimes and previously in the day I had went downstairs to greet guests who came from LA (hours away). It was a guy who was related to my grandmas brother so I guess you can say he was an Uncle and he came with a friend. I believe they were checking out the car and taking pictures, the usual stuff... when I was upstairs working. So back to getting called downstairs; I hear my name followed by 'your car' in a language other than English as we don't speak English among each other (my immediate family) and when I refer to the two guests as family, they were very distant and we definitely don't keep in touch. So I went out the garage and hear my car off in the distance being pushed fairly hard as I could hear my exhaust. Keep in mind it was raining earlier so it was wet and cold (about 50sF) and I have summer tires which slip even when I hit it sometimes so imagine the frustration I felt when someone who hasn't driven a sports car (guy owns an old lexus and probably a honda, no fucking clue) pushes my car in the rain with summer tires. I was beyond pissed. I was initially pissed at whoever let them get a hold of the keys first and expressed my frustration very clearly. When the two guys(uncle and some weird friend) came back I didn't really say much other than "you could have asked" in a irritated tone. Then they went inside and sat down and I began a thorough inspection of the car. I discovered a noise when I turn which sounds like something being slid across the glove box or something like a loose bolt but decide it could be anything as my car is full exhaust and I unplugged in the headliner so I decide I'll figure it out since the car wasn't used to being on the driveway for extended periods of time with the ebrake on. I don't know. So when they were leaving my brother snaps at them as we were outside checking out the car to make sure nothing was damaged and all looked ok, besides noise. We have a mutual exchanging of words to which profanity was used and elders were called out on their bullshit. They were told they're not welcome here anymore and the guy called my brother "fucking stupid" to which me and my bro were about ready to fight at this point but the guy shuts up and leaves with his friend and daughter, who puked on our bathroom rug.
PS the guy tried to say something about being an elder and demanding respect but my brother and I didn't give two fucks

TL;DR Read if you want to, you guys asked for it.... I dont give a
shit

Wow ! I think I would have lost it. Some distant relative and his scumbag friend takes your car and then demand respect. Kinda of reminds me the saying about relatives staying over and day old fish. Fu#k !! I'd never speak to this pos again. :tsk:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
LOL if you want, but I won't pay for your Uber. Mine is a DD and miles don't worry me. I understand that everyone is very proud and attached to their car. I guess, I'm in the minority group of "it's just a car" at the end of the day crowd. Don't get me wrong, I very much enjoy this car, but it's no different than my 13 year old VW. Just a car.. Like I said, nothing was broken, no body was hurt. Only thing that was damaged was the relationship, and that could have been avoided.
Even our 15 y/o Maxima is loaned out on a permission requested or offered in advance on a known need basis.

The relationship was borked by the relatives who assumed that permission wasn't necessary and apparently operate on a "what's mine is mine and what's yours is mine if I want it to be" basis. It was they who could have avoided the whole mess, and they should have known that.

Norm

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
OP checking in. I didn't want to post until I was calmer...

So some of you want the full story huh...

So i was working upstairs on my desktop and was called downstairs by an immediate family member. My car was parked in the driveway as it is sometimes and previously in the day I had went downstairs to greet guests who came from LA (hours away). It was a guy who was related to my grandmas brother so I guess you can say he was an Uncle and he came with a friend. I believe they were checking out the car and taking pictures, the usual stuff... when I was upstairs working. So back to getting called downstairs; I hear my name followed by 'your car' in a language other than English as we don't speak English among each other (my immediate family) and when I refer to the two guests as family, they were very distant and we definitely don't keep in touch. So I went out the garage and hear my car off in the distance being pushed fairly hard as I could hear my exhaust. Keep in mind it was raining earlier so it was wet and cold (about 50sF) and I have summer tires which slip even when I hit it sometimes so imagine the frustration I felt when someone who hasn't driven a sports car (guy owns an old lexus and probably a honda, no fucking clue) pushes my car in the rain with summer tires. I was beyond pissed. I was initially pissed at whoever let them get a hold of the keys first and expressed my frustration very clearly. When the two guys(uncle and some weird friend) came back I didn't really say much other than "you could have asked" in a irritated tone. Then they went inside and sat down and I began a thorough inspection of the car. I discovered a noise when I turn which sounds like something being slid across the glove box or something like a loose bolt but decide it could be anything as my car is full exhaust and I unplugged in the headliner so I decide I'll figure it out since the car wasn't used to being on the driveway for extended periods of time with the ebrake on. I don't know. So when they were leaving my brother snaps at them as we were outside checking out the car to make sure nothing was damaged and all looked ok, besides noise. We have a mutual exchanging of words to which profanity was used and elders were called out on their bullshit. They were told they're not welcome here anymore and the guy called my brother "fucking stupid" to which me and my bro were about ready to fight at this point but the guy shuts up and leaves with his friend and daughter, who puked on our bathroom rug.
PS the guy tried to say something about being an elder and demanding respect but my brother and I didn't give two fucks

TL;DR Read if you want to, you guys asked for it.... I dont give a shit
I know this is too late, but remember, they never open up asbestos bags

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
I'm really surprised that no one pointed out the people who took the car were from LA. This is why they felt it was OK, they deserved the right.

Texifornia is full of the imports now, no more real cowboys.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
I'm really surprised that no one pointed out the people who took the car were from LA. This is why they felt it was OK, they deserved the right.

Texifornia is full of the imports now, no more real cowboys.
That does explain way too much

Its been years OP, they ever croak?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Tasers easily solve many issues without the need for slaps... :cwl: