Sponsored

Someone measure one up for a surfboard please?

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Was it George Carlin, "What the hell's a cubit?"

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Real surfers drive beat up pick up trucks

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Do you actually farm camels?

Doing that on a surf board would make it a challenge, lol.

TC

Sponsored

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What you been intercepting recently?
It is a Police package produced by Ford for law enforcement vehicles. The packages I have tried to copy on my vehicles that I've owned in the past. Mostly upgrades to brakes and cooling.

Currently I am looking at the options to add to my current vehicle, a 2019 California Special. This would include larger brakes assorted coolers, maybe even a larger factory radiator. The suspension should be tightened up as well. Maybe a Ford tune.

You may ask yourself why, my answer is because I can.

To your surfboard situation, unaware of what you surf, so only you know the board. Bondi Beach would be my thought, beautiful sand rocks, water is cool. In that area thinking fish with quads. Not knowing your weight or sex, I'm thinking you probably are 145 to 160 so maybe a 6'1" fish would be your ride. That will fit into a Mustang, just like the 1965 commercial.

I used a Camaro many seasons with my 6'10" fun board. Normally I would hang the fin out and go. Should the rains come I could pull up over console.

Hauling this board around ruined the inside of my car and the board. Sand, wax, wet clothes, wet sandy towels, trash, flip flops, smell, lotions, leases.

This is why we use old pick ups, no one screws with your vehicle, your vehicles is high so off road parking is a breeze, all that stuff is in the back of truck etc.. plus I have moved on to a 9'1" long board cause the waves suck in Myrtle Beach.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Good looking cat.

Sponsored

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Perfection board standing outside is a 10'9" that need a really big wave. Not used, just had to use on my pond for people to goof off on. Retired now.

The green Perfection longboard is a 9'1" old man's board that has been used at Surf City NC. Gathering dust now.

At on time I had 9 boards of all sorts, some classics, some loaners.

20201008_111224.jpg

20201008_111330.jpg

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a funny feeling that is how the OP rolls

OP
OP
camelfarmer

camelfarmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hussain
Vehicle(s)
None
It is a Police package produced by Ford for law enforcement vehicles. The packages I have tried to copy on my vehicles that I've owned in the past. Mostly upgrades to brakes and cooling.

Currently I am looking at the options to add to my current vehicle, a 2019 California Special. This would include larger brakes assorted coolers, maybe even a larger factory radiator. The suspension should be tightened up as well. Maybe a Ford tune.

You may ask yourself why, my answer is because I can.

To your surfboard situation, unaware of what you surf, so only you know the board. Bondi Beach would be my thought, beautiful sand rocks, water is cool. In that area thinking fish with quads. Not knowing your weight or sex, I'm thinking you probably are 145 to 160 so maybe a 6'1" fish would be your ride. That will fit into a Mustang, just like the 1965 commercial.

I used a Camaro many seasons with my 6'10" fun board. Normally I would hang the fin out and go. Should the rains come I could pull up over console.

Hauling this board around ruined the inside of my car and the board. Sand, wax, wet clothes, wet sandy towels, trash, flip flops, smell, lotions, leases.

This is why we use old pick ups, no one screws with your vehicle, your vehicles is high so off road parking is a breeze, all that stuff is in the back of truck etc.. plus I have moved on to a 9'1" long board cause the waves suck in Myrtle Beach.
Im a beginner, only surfed about a month in sri lanka and Indonesia. Probably gonna be a funboard which is about 6'8". Im 5'11" 185lb. Ill put rhe board in a bag so as not to get wax and sand on everything. Ill probably get a roof rack anyway. The plan is mustang first, then a couple of motorbikes and then a jeep pr land cruiser.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The 6'8" sounds good, I used a 6'8" fun board for years and I'm and was same weight. You can still hang board out the back and bungy cord trunk lid.

Problem with roof rack is the angle and shortness of roof for attachment. The board angle above the windsheild will be catching air, causing lift.

The area you've surf is some of best, problem now is its all downhill from there. Stay cool

jbeckva

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Eco with PP
VW vans :D

Around here, we just walk over :rockon:
Picture this - 1980'ish timeframe. Where Lil ole "me" in the 7th grade lived for the last 6 months before the old man hauled us off to Virginia. Rented the bottom floor and hell it was damn expensive even back then.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/84-319+Makau+St,+Waianae,+HI+96792

I think I might have ya beat there.. Ahh, to be young like that again. Get off the bus home from school, get the trunks on and GO. I'd be a lifeguard's casualty nowadays tho LOL.

OP yeah man.. go for it. Plenty of room with the 'verts, as long as y'aint planning on sticking a big 15 foot "log" back there.
Sponsored