Sponsored

Some questions I have for bullitt owners…

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I had never noticed any smell on mine until the very day that I burned it up. The smell did dissipate after the car cooled down though. I drove it gingerly and at low rpm a few times afterward before changing it out. Here’s what it looked like upon inspection.

1678995106137.jpeg

1678995164889.jpeg

1678995194685.jpeg
maybe I just drive like a maniac
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
maybe I just drive like a maniac
You’re probably fine. I never pushed mine hard afterward because I didn’t want to risk being stranded somewhere. In fact, I had been planning to swap it out with something stronger to handle drag strip use.

Magnetic Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
A couple questions I wanted to ask you guys regarding your bullitts.

First off, mine burns oil. My car has about 8k miles and I’ve always ran royal purple synthetic oil. It’s probably been about 9 months since my last oil change and I’ve only put about 2k miles on her and the oil dipstick is below the low mark. Car says oil life is at 30%. Granted I do my fair share of pulls and spirited driving. Do you guys experience this as well?

Another thing, I notice the clutch smell a lot in this car. If I do a launch with launch control with my windows down I smell clutch instantly. I don’t slip the clutch I dump it. Also when I park the car after some pulls I’ll smell clutch. Do you guys notice this?
Do you do a lot of engine braking? That will cause more oil usage than normal. I usually have to add a quart or more in between oil changes.

OP
OP
AnthonyA1234

AnthonyA1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 1992 Mustang GT
Do you do a lot of engine braking? That will cause more oil usage than normal. I usually have to add a quart or more in between oil changes.
I do a lot of rev match down shifts. Would that cause it as well?

Magnetic Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I do a lot of rev match down shifts. Would that cause it as well?
Rev matching in general, I'd think no. If you rev match down shift and let the engine slow you down, yes. Also, I'm pretty sure I saw in the owner's manual when I got my car that Ford points out engine braking can cause oil consumption. You can google engine braking causing oil consumption and find info on it. I don't know if this is what's causes your oil to be low but definitely could be a factor.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
COT smells like burning clutch too so if your only smelling it when driving aggressive, I'd lean towards the cats as the cause of your smell.
That's probably it. I got behind a car the other day that had the same smell and that made me start thinking it was fuel related. My theory is the computer is making the car run rich when I drive aggressively. Then the cats have more to burn off. (BTW, it doesn't smell like gasoline)
Sponsored