Sponsored

Some questions about wheels for the V6

Mach3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hi guys, didn't know if I should put this in wheels or v6 section for more responses:

I have a v6 with the 17" wheels that I want to replace with 19's and I have some questions:

1. I see some GT PP wheels on ebay. Will these fit the v6 with no problem?

2. I'm thinking about buying either the PP or AMR wheels on americanmuscle and pairing them with either 275/40s or 265/40s. Will either of these sizes work with these 19's for those of you who have experience with them.

3. I don't want to lower my car. Will this change in wheels & tire size have a large gap, or will it still look stock (which I'm fine with). I also don't want to lose any handling or speed capabilities.
Sponsored

six_shooter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 DIB, 2018 HD Iron 1200
Mach,

Any of the other wheels on different models of this car will fit. I run the GT PP wheels and like them. They are made in the USA as well, unlike most OEM wheels on this car. Check the classifieds on this forum for used takeoffs, or you can buy a set of new ones from LMR or CJ Pony Parts and others.

I would recommend reading up on wheel fitment measurements and terms. The wheels on this car are roughly 27" in diameter no matter which wheel package you get. That figure is the wheel diameter plus tire sidewall x 2. For example, the GT PP front is a 255/40-19.
That means the tire is 255 mm wide, and the sidewall is 40% of that width and the tire is designed for 19" wheels. Doing the math is pretty simple, (there are 25.4 mm per inch):

255*.4*2/25.4+19

= roughly 27"

The only thing to watch for on aftermarket wheels is the offset and wheel width/backspacing. AM and other sites section their website by model year and will let you know if it is a rear only wheel. When in doubt, if you narrow down your choice to a few wheels you can make a post in the wheel section and they can help you out with choosing tires etc.