bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
That's great that the MAF reads higher but it sounds like a pub brag to your mates. Who really cares about such a small difference on a N/A car? You won't feel 5, 10 or even 15 and arguably 20 hp in a nearly 4,000 lb car.

Anyway, striving for more efficiency with a better air box is definitely a good idea, but not at the cost the JLT or any other maker wants to charge you. In that case, the stock box is fine and put the $350-500 towards gears for more effective acceleration.
You definitely feel 20whp. If you buy an intake with a power package sale, it is usually $300 or less. I was already going to clean up the engine bay, this was just a cheap and easy addition to that. If you are paying over $350 for an intake, you are getting hosed. Remember, many of us on here already have 3.73 gears, which is just fine for this car in autoX or road course racing. I understand that intakes aren't for everyone, but they still serve a purpose to others. This thread is focused on fighting the one downfall to changing intakes, which is increased IAT when sitting at idle. There is really no need to lecture about $/hp in here, because most of us already have the intake. And FYI, I don't think I have ever heard someone brag about an intake on a modern mustang at Cars and Coffee.
Sponsored