Sponsored

Some guys seemingly tried to steal my 19 GT

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
You'd have nice ticket to jail. I guess you don't follow law. Some states have a defense law, but you have to physically be in danger and be threatened. Stealing a car would not fit into that. Criminals don't care about getting shot, killed or caught on camera. They really don't care about anyone let alone their own lives. That's why they do the stupid things they do.
The magic words are, “I was in fear for my life”.
There is not a single state in this country (and many have really messed up laws) where this explanation would send you anywhere than straight to jail. Posting things like this on a public forum is also completely ignorant and clearly shows why not everyone should own a gun.
Texas is very slanted toward protecting the property owner in these types of situations. A couple of years ago a homeowner in a rural area shot two guys who showed up on his porch at night. They didn’t even attempt a break-in but claimed to be taking a shortcut across his land. Another story, a man in an apartment complex in Dallas saw someone breaking into his car. Mind you he lived on a 2nd story. Shot the thief from his balcony and was never charged.
Sponsored

RalphK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Texas is very slanted toward protecting the property owner in these types of situations. A couple of years ago a homeowner in a rural area shot two guys who showed up on his porch at night. They didn’t even attempt a break-in but claimed to be taking a shortcut across his land. Another story, a man in an apartment complex in Dallas saw someone breaking into his car. Mind you he lived on a 2nd story. Shot the thief from his balcony and was never charged.
That would be one hell of a deterrent for thieves.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase

mnm4ever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, MR2 Spyder, Sea Doo HX
Definitely effective, but the sad part is, it’s illegal to brandish a firearm in many states and you could strangly become the criminal.
You could also become the criminal for you know, shooting someone. Even if you get away with it, there will be a done of legal trouble for it. Besides, I only mentioned that as an alternative for the macho types who think pulling out a gun and shooting thieves makes them a real man. I’d much rather they rack the shotgun and scare them off instead of shooting out into a parking lot.

And for the guy in Texas with his “magic words”, those words aren’t so magic anymore. With the proliferation of cameras these days it’s a lot more likely that your shooting will be recorded and used as evidence. A few years ago maybe you could get away with it. But with all of the shootings that were happening, LE is under pressure to crack down on it. Claiming fear for your life isn’t a free pass for murder anymore. Texas might hold out longer than other states but it’s a losing battle.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The magic words are, “I was in fear for my life”.
Words are words. Doesn't always work in a jury. There was a case recently where a guy was pushed on a curb after some verbal exchanges then the guy started to approach him more. It was all caught on camera. The guy who got pushed pulled out a gun and shot the guy dead. He claimed he was in fear for his life which is a legit defense. Guess what? It didn't work out in favor for the guy.
In court you have to prove beyond reasonable doubt to a jury. Just because you "feared for your life" doesn't mean a free card. Shooting someone dead because they tried stealing your car could go either way all depending on the state, local laws, if they are prosecuted, the jury, etc.. A lot of factors come into play including sadly paying good money for a lawyer.

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
fd4e9b5e30c97741e3ca82592c649ce1.jpg

Flare65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Can someone explain what a "Faraday Pouch" is? Is it some kind of bag that blocks communication between the keyfob and car?

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
1) You can’t shoot someone for stealing a car or your car only if your life is in danger!

2) For the garage comment, my car was stolen outside of an apartment I lived at for many months the same night I closed on my home (with a garage to move in) which is how I ended up with the mustang. Now I have the mustang and it will go into my garage however I have stuff from the move there I haven’t went through...

Also let’s say OP spends an evening or night out somewhere and there’s no garage... so saying every 40-50k car has to be garaged is silly just try and protect it the best you can.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
A box of murder hornets set-up to open if the car is messed with.
thought about keeping a snake in my... when they get in and drive it and that slizzzard comes out they’ll think twice next time lol

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
George Zimmerman

Florida...........discuss.......

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Can someone explain what a "Faraday Pouch" is? Is it some kind of bag that blocks communication between the keyfob and car?
it's a bag that blocks RF signals in or out.
most Ezpass and Sunpass transponders come with them, so they can't be scanned.

Robracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost with performance package
With a clutch go under your dash at the top of pedal arm there is a switch that's like a brake light switch, cut wire going to to the switch splice wires to both ends of the wire, run the wires to a kill switch, now if the thief discover's that you wired into clutch switch he won't try to jump it because it's a pain in the ass to get to, Ford used a very small gauge wire and it's hard to cut the wiring cover to get to the wire itself
A helpful hint when the car thief realizes you have a kill switch and he knows that you will mount it with in arms length from the drivers seat so mount far away from the drivers seat and by doing this he will give up and your car will be safe
For my Mustang I added a after market tilt sensor to the Ford alarm system because if its jacked up to steal my wheels the alarm go off, a popular new way to steal your car is some asshole has a repo UP truck and your car can be gone in 30 seconds, so if they try to pick it up the alarm goes off. Now they still may be able to steal it but the percentage is lower.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Another "magic word" in a different direction is "retreat": you might be successfully prosecuted or sued if there is any indication you could have defused the situation by advancing to the rear. If you could have, and didn't, you are exposing yourself to very serious negative consequences of a long-lasting nature.

"I shot that MF' will be useful as coin in prison commerce. Maybe. Otherwise it is an invitation to "F-me" to guardians of a moral society.
Sponsored