Some guys seemingly tried to steal my 19 GT

Robracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost with performance package
Why you want to be cowboys and want to lawyers start a poll, shoot them or not, and lets get back talking about a serious problem like some asshole trying to steal your pride and joy and what you can do to slow them up or stop them from stealing your car. I have lost 3 cars to thieves 2 had less than 5000 miles. you go to your car with keys in hand and you find it gone, so you call the cops and give them the information about your car and they have so many cars stolen they act like they do care about your problem, then you feel violated that this has happen to you.

If you do a poll I say shoot the MF
Sponsored

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
You could also become the criminal for you know, shooting someone. Even if you get away with it, there will be a done of legal trouble for it. Besides, I only mentioned that as an alternative for the macho types who think pulling out a gun and shooting thieves makes them a real man. I’d much rather they rack the shotgun and scare them off instead of shooting out into a parking lot.

And for the guy in Texas with his “magic words”, those words aren’t so magic anymore. With the proliferation of cameras these days it’s a lot more likely that your shooting will be recorded and used as evidence. A few years ago maybe you could get away with it. But with all of the shootings that were happening, LE is under pressure to crack down on it. Claiming fear for your life isn’t a free pass for murder anymore. Texas might hold out longer than other states but it’s a losing battle.
Personally, I would actually have to be in fear for my life to pull the trigger because taking a life is a tragic thing to contemplate. That said, if you pull out a gun be ready to pull the trigger. Brandishing in a public place is dumb and yes, it is a crime even in Texas. A burglar in your home? Certainly worth a try to rack your shotgun, etc. but don't hesitate to fire if they keep approaching you. If it's the dead guy's word against yours, obviously you don't have much to prove.

I only have external cameras. There's no way I'd have one inside my house, especially with the potential hacking risk. If it's caught on camera then you had better be right.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Personally, I would actually have to be in fear for my life to pull the trigger because taking a life is a tragic thing to contemplate. That said, if you pull out a gun be ready to pull the trigger. Brandishing in a public place is dumb and yes, it is a crime even in Texas. A burglar in your home? Certainly worth a try to rack your shotgun, etc. but don't hesitate to fire if they keep approaching you. If it's the dead guy's word against yours, obviously you don't have much to prove.

I only have external cameras. There's no way I'd have one inside my house, especially with the potential hacking risk. If it's caught on camera then you had better be right.
Racking the shotgun is absolutely retarded movie BS. If I'm (and I pray I never am) ever in a predicament where my life is threatened and I need to use a gun, you wont ever know. Drawing one and then needing to rack a slide or otherwise put a round in the chamber will mean you've already failed and likely getting murdered. I don't do intimidation. DEescalate till there is no there is no other choice. Life is more valuable than things but I'll always choose mine before yours. I'm also of the mind set that bullets aren't numbered, warning shots can always be fired after the threat is removed.

But anyways, hope the OP's and all of our cars stay perfectly safe for us all to enjoy.

mnm4ever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, MR2 Spyder, Sea Doo HX
Racking the shotgun is absolutely retarded movie BS. If I'm (and I pray I never am) ever in a predicament where my life is threatened and I need to use a gun, you wont ever know. Drawing one and then needing to rack a slide or otherwise put a round in the chamber will mean you've already failed and likely getting murdered. I don't do intimidation. DEescalate till there is no there is no other choice. Life is more valuable than things but I'll always choose mine before yours. I'm also of the mind set that bullets aren't numbered, warning shots can always be fired after the threat is removed.

But anyways, hope the OP's and all of our cars stay perfectly safe for us all to enjoy.

I’m sorry maybe I wasn’t clear. I am not advocating racking a shotgun as an appropriate move at all. Not to scare off a car thief or even an intruder. As I said I am a gun owner myself and I consider brandishing a firearm to be used as an absolute last resort and only if I am truly in fear of my life, have no other option, and intend to use it. I agree with everything you guys are saying about the seriousness of it if your life is in danger.

my comment was directed at the “shoot first ask questions later” ppl that were commenting earlier in the thread. I meant it in the context of an alternative to a sniper hit on a would-be car thief. Not for a true life-threatening situation. Sure there are 10 levels of options underneath that to de-escalate but the Rambo types who want to go killing people over theft would be better off taking the slightly less life-changing step of intimidation before committing murder. Even if it’s a dumb move (we should try not to say retarded anymore). In regards to the cameras, once again I was referring to the people who planned to shoot car thieves in their apartment complex parking lot. You can bet there are cameras there. Not talking about inside your home.

Also for all those commenting on public forums about how they would be tough guys and shoot ppl and then lie about being in fear of their lives... everything you ever wrote on the internet will be looked at and used against you if you ever do shoot someone... legit or not.

Erratikmind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Prem M6/401A/PP1/MR, '19 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Remember . . . Don’t drop the soap in the shower.

Hopefully, you have no real assets and no one that depends on you for their well being.

Sponsored

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
This thread continues to go in the wrong direction. I surprised no one mentioned the “club” or a fake LoJack sticker.. yep I had them all

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I know someone who saved themselves just yelling out that they had a shotgun, let alone racking it. Elderly couple, home invasion situation. One of the perps was wrestling with the man, and his wife in the next room yelled that she had a shotgun. Desperate but it worked. The guys just took off. Lucky, right? She had nothing to lose at that point. Otherwise the couple would have eventually been overpowered and then God knows what. You do what you have to do. Any means to keep yourself safe is on the table. There is no single correct reaction.

someo

Robracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
A club can be taken off in less than 20 seconds and Lojack works great if you live where its setup, Google Lojack coverage in USA also a high percentage of thieves no Lojack does not offer a warning sticker.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I’m sorry maybe I wasn’t clear. I am not advocating racking a shotgun as an appropriate move at all. Not to scare off a car thief or even an intruder. As I said I am a gun owner myself and I consider brandishing a firearm to be used as an absolute last resort and only if I am truly in fear of my life, have no other option, and intend to use it. I agree with everything you guys are saying about the seriousness of it if your life is in danger.

my comment was directed at the “shoot first ask questions later” ppl that were commenting earlier in the thread. I meant it in the context of an alternative to a sniper hit on a would-be car thief. Not for a true life-threatening situation. Sure there are 10 levels of options underneath that to de-escalate but the Rambo types who want to go killing people over theft would be better off taking the slightly less life-changing step of intimidation before committing murder. Even if it’s a dumb move (we should try not to say retarded anymore). In regards to the cameras, once again I was referring to the people who planned to shoot car thieves in their apartment complex parking lot. You can bet there are cameras there. Not talking about inside your home.

Also for all those commenting on public forums about how they would be tough guys and shoot ppl and then lie about being in fear of their lives... everything you ever wrote on the internet will be looked at and used against you if you ever do shoot someone... legit or not.
Totally agree, we're on the same page. Didn't mean to come across otherwise.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I know someone who saved themselves just yelling out that they had a shotgun, let alone racking it. Elderly couple, home invasion situation. One of the perps was wrestling with the man, and his wife in the next room yelled that she had a shotgun. Desperate but it worked. The guys just took off. Lucky, right? She had nothing to lose at that point. Otherwise the couple would have eventually been overpowered and then God knows what. You do what you have to do. Any means to keep yourself safe is on the table. There is no single correct reaction.

someo
Agree with this as well. I was mainly pointing out that scenarios in my head would never have me give away my position by racking anything. I've talked to some guys who have the mind set to pull a pistol and then wait to rack it so whoever then knows he's serious. I disagree with that because I wont pull a gun to scare someone away, if I ever pull a gun, it's to destroy something. But then, I don't live a life that has people chasing me down to murder me soooo. I am the crazy guy that "clears" my house when home alone just for fun. If it's a real situation though, I'm fortifying the room I'm in and letting the cops come clear the place. What was the phrase in the movie Speed? Crazy not stupid.

Sponsored

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Agree with this as well. I was mainly pointing out that scenarios in my head would never have me give away my position by racking anything. I've talked to some guys who have the mind set to pull a pistol and then wait to rack it so whoever then knows he's serious. I disagree with that because I wont pull a gun to scare someone away, if I ever pull a gun, it's to destroy something. But then, I don't live a life that has people chasing me down to murder me soooo. I am the crazy guy that "clears" my house when home alone just for fun. If it's a real situation though, I'm fortifying the room I'm in and letting the cops come clear the place. What was the phrase in the movie Speed? Crazy not stupid.
I get it. Also, there's things people say they would do and then there is what really happens. I was car-jacked years ago and my reaction was unusually calm while it went down. It puzzled me at first, but later I realized there just wasn't time to really have much of any reaction because it over pretty quick. Shooting scenarios are similar. A life and death situation is way different than a day at the range, in terms of weapon accuracy and clear thinking. LEOs train for that stuff and even they get into situations that can make or break their career.

Robracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
I get it. Also, there's things people say they would do and then there is what really happens. I was car-jacked years ago and my reaction was unusually calm while it went down. It puzzled me at first, but later I realized there just wasn't time to really have much of any reaction because it over pretty quick. Shooting scenarios are similar. A life and death situation is way different than a day at the range, in terms of weapon accuracy and clear thinking. LEOs train for that stuff and even they get into situations that can make or break their career.
Put a kill switch in your car, when I start my car I up I put the kill switch off so I can start the and then turn the switch on before I drive off so when I stop it will not start so if some one tries to carjack me my plan is to give them the key and run like hell because the sucker will at start. You know everyone say its ok I have insurance,. well its still a pain in the neck to deal with insurance Co.and most off the time you lose and have to come out of pocket to replace your vehicle and good luck trying to get them to pay for the mods you have done.

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
You'd have nice ticket to jail. I guess you don't follow law. Some states have a defense law, but you have to physically be in danger and be threatened. Stealing a car would not fit into that. Criminals don't care about getting shot, killed or caught on camera. They really don't care about anyone let alone their own lives. That's why they do the stupid things they do.
Probably would have gotten inside and then realized they can't drive a manual. Claymores are your best option.

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
Really, in NYC. How's that work? If I recall NYS and NYC laws, your responsibility is to remove yourself from the situation. There have been numerous cases where I person shot someone who entered there home or threatened them and were charged and found guilty.

I am a former New Yorker. Left when I entered the service Will never live in that cesspool again

No guns at home?

Sniper rifle on a tripod at the ready......

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Never said the gun had to be legal.

there are more illegal guns on the streets here than there are legally licenced.

just saying.......

Saw a guy in Brownsville a few years ago sitting on his.porch with a 12 guage in his lap.
Sponsored