Sponsored

Some guys like noise some like tone from the Mbrp catback to Arh pure thunder catback

yellowstangatl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Orange Fury GT
The sale of my mbrp will net me 500.00 i paid $1200.00 for the new one =$700 of course also i forgot to account for the $100.00 i lose from the original price of the mbrp =$600. Of course when you sell used parts you never get back the full price so actually $800.00 is the real #. The sound is pronounce, when they say pure thunder they mean it. To me its all about the tone and its a tight muscular sound. no drone anywhere in the rpm no rasp either...
Wait who's buying a used mbrp catback for 500? You can buy these brand new all day long for $560 for the stainless version.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dominant1

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Its gonna be a local sale i haven't even told my buddies yet... Someone Around here will buy it. Only advertized it on the forums thus far. gonna hit local media sources like craigs list Delaware etc. In the next couple of days!!!

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Wait who's buying a used mbrp catback for 500? You can buy these brand new all day long for $560 for the stainless version.
I could see someone who wants one now and wants to save 60 bucks buying it for $500 locally. But that still does seem a bit too high. Especially when there are rebates and deals and offers that can get you close to $500 if not less than that on a brand new one.

B4RK3R

CRWDCTRL
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GT Premium
Race has no rasp, or very very little rasp if any. But it does have lots of drone. From what I read the Street has little drone but lots of rasp.
Hmm. Absolutely no rasp in my Street, and only get drone (very little at that) in 6th under 70mph. I've had the exhaust on the car for 4k miles. Must have gotten lucky I guess. :shrug:

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmm. Absolutely no rasp in my Street, and only get drone (very little at that) in 6th under 70mph. I've had the exhaust on the car for 4k miles. Must have gotten lucky I guess. :shrug:
You must be very lucky. All the Street versions I've heard have rasp. Saw a 16 GT earlier today and it had the Street version. Def had some rasp.

Sponsored

sloppymax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
you guys make an interesting point. i'd like to see the innards of both the street and race mufflers to see y the street makes so much rasp.
I am pretty certain I remember reading the street mufflers are louvered while the race mufflers are perforated. Perforated would flow more and hence the louder sound. This would be back up to the tone change as the louvered section breaks in and changes tone. Perforated has no break in that I am aware of. I feel like there was more rasp on my street system when it was new but more likely, I have just gotten use to it.

OP
OP
Dominant1

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I could see someone who wants one now and wants to save 60 bucks buying it for $500 locally. But that still does seem a bit too high. Especially when there are rebates and deals and offers that can get you close to $500 if not less than that on a brand new one.
There's a negotiating factor, you know start high then meet in the middle stuff. I may have to take some $$$ off to make the sale. I Will see how it goes...

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There's a negotiating factor, you know start high then meet in the middle stuff. I may have to take some $$$ off to make the sale. I Will see how it goes...
Always start high!!
Sponsored