OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Check your inbox (I don't want to publically put a dealership on blast unless they REALLY screwed me - this is just an annoyance :paddle: :lol: ) :cheers:
They're in Northern NJ
PS: Lucas Ford in Burlington, NJ... Oh my, I will happily put them on blast. Douchiest salesman EVER, completely lost a sale when I was switching out from my 2013 GT to a 2016. :paddle:
Sponsored

cjldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I certainly had issues when looking to purchase.. . Found someone a little over an hour away that gave me an OTD price that was a couple thousand better than when I could find elsewhere.. Guy said come by tomorrow at 1 and I'll have it cleaned up.. I get there, car nowhere to be found.. My guy isn't there, but someone else has gone to get the car.. It shows up looking like hot trash.. Test drive, everything seems fine.. Go in and tell them I'll buy it for the price the guy gave me.. They wanted to do a workup on me.. Do you have a trade in? How much money down, you know the 4 square thing.. Then they wanted me to sign something that stated I would buy it if we came to terms on the money.. I said I'm not signing a thing till they get the numbers in my face. That seemed to piss them off. I showed them I was already qualified for the money through Ford and they scratched their head.. Long story short, they were not close to the price I was given.. I told them I drove an hour, and I'll drive an hour somewhere else if they couldn't get the money right.. Their sales mgr got involved.. He was a meat-head and was about to lose his cool when I finally just said, thank you for your time, but this is not the dealership for me.. Have a great day.. He ended up calling me about 15 mins later trying to get me to come back and buy the car that day.. I told him he must not have listened to a word I was saying.. I was there to put a deposit on the car and would be back that weekend if everything was correct.. (I couldn't drive two vehicles back by myself)

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
I honestly dont know how some of these dealers stay in business with the way they treat people. We had found a Mustang at a dealer about 4.5 hours from us in Virginia. We spoke to them a few times and came to an agreement, then the next day I see they raised the price on there site by over 2k. We get a call from a different person at the dealer insisting that was the price the whole time, despite it being listed on their website, and they have no idea why we were told any thing else. I figure they must have someone else interested and they are trying to have us bid against them so we tell them forget it and hang up. About two weeks later I see the price has gone back down and they call us back to see if we still want the car, guess their other buyer fell through. I dont really want to deal with them at this point but its the car we want and the price is lower so we go ahead. They insist we come down right away or the car might be sold. They guy tells us he can hide it in back if we pay him a couple hundred dollars, no thank you :tsk:. We take off from work to drive down there, the morning of we get a phone call, no one ever did the financing despite the fact we were giving the terms a rate, wtf?:rant: We ended up finding a better deal at another Ford dealer and everyone there was great but that first dealer really put me off.

hawkbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium PP
This is the same kind of BS that Peoria Ford in AZ pulled on me - they seem super on top of it but are completely full of sh*t. They had me all lined up for a trade in and could never secure the car they told me they were trading for - and lied and kept me there and on the hook for an extended and painful period of time. Only at closing time to finally tell me ohh sorry we couldn't get your car but we have this one you don't want. Time is money - they cost me plenty. I guess that's what you get when you deal with a BHA group owned company.

I went elsewhere...got pretty close to what I wanted.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
My experience ordering my '18 ran the gamut, with only one dealer (one of the biggest in my area) screwing the pooch. We were out of town at the time it looked like orders for '18's were coming to a close. So, I sat sown at the old compooter an contacted 5 dealers (including the dealer I've bought from for over 30 years) with the same simple request. Give me your best price to order this car. 4 of the 5 contacted me within a few days with only one (my old dealer) answering that simple question. The others were all over the place, wanting me to stop by, telling me they don't have that car but do have one close, blah, blah, blah. It was like pulling hens teeth to get a simple answer. I went with my old dealer (Hilbish Ford) who gave me the best price. I told them when I would be by, the sales guy was ready, and it took 15 minutes to make the deal and get the car ordered. If this small home town dealer can do it right you would think all of them could.

BTW, the biggest dealer (Capital Ford) finally contacted me 2 weeks after I had the car ordered. To bad for them.

Kansas GT

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
I have high standards when it comes to dealerships. Prompt communication and a truly invested sales staff is key. Rob Sight Ford in Kansas City met those expectations for my '18 Mustang along with Olathe Honda for my wife's Civic.

My selection process is simple. I reach out and express interest. If they are slow to respond or try to sell at unreasonable prices, they're out. I don't give them a second chance and move on. For every dealer that is a pain, there are many more that work hard to gain a loyal following. A quality dealer will work hard for their customers, communicate in a timely fashion, and go out of their way to make the purchasing experience a memorable one. Follow-through after the sale is key. It's nice when you receive a call from the GM to make sure all is good and know the service manager by name.

Regarding negotiation, any sale must be mutually beneficial. I go in with a number in mind that is good for me while also being beneficial for the dealer. I've found that smaller dealerships often don't have the inventory or purchasing power, but they're the must fun to deal with. This is one reason, among many, that the Ford dealership I dealt with got my business instead of the flagship dealership in my area.
Sponsored