**SOLVED** New here, issue that is very strange to me, please help

H3LLZYEA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang v6
Hello all, I recently purchased a 2015 mustang v6 after working on and modding mercedes for the past 15 years.
The car is great, already threw some basic things into it CAI, side window louvers, exhaust and speakers.
I've had the car for 2 weeks with no issues, I'm hoping to build a nice little sleeper out of the v6.
So this morning I go outside and my car is running! I run over and as soon as I open the door the engine shuts off. I quickly realize the battery is dead and it's out of gas.
It's a 6 speed manual, no remote start, I always put a manual in first when I park it so I have no idea how I could have left it running by accident. Still I decide that's what I must have done, I throw a charger on the battery and run to the store to get gas to put in it, I'm gone 15 minutes with the only key fob in my pocket, when I return the car is running AGAIN!
So I have no idea what is happening, the only thing I could come up with was some form of fail safe that if something was draining the battery over night the car starts itself to charge the battery, then it ran out of gas after probably running for a few hours at night, then when it ran out of gas the battery drain started again... with no remote start, it being a manual, a me not being able to actually convince myself of this insane theory I concocted I'm turning here for help!
I use to own a 93 fox body in 95 and loved it, after my European car straying I'm once again back where I belong, please let me know any ideas as to how it happened or what caused this.
Thank you
Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Um... how did it restart if it was out of gas?

I don’t have any answers... but if you only have 1 FOB could there be an ex somewhere with the other FOB screwing you around?

The only other thing I can think of is if the cars name is Christine...

OP
OP

H3LLZYEA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang v6
Its why I'm so confused, I mean I saw the shifter in the reverse / 1st position when I got in the car. I dont understand how it could have run all night, but even if I'm delusional and left it running all night, how did it start back up when I went to get gas?

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Oh thank goodness. I didn’t want to go there first.

Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Car won’t run without a FOB in it.

OP
OP

H3LLZYEA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang v6
Guys or gals I have no idea. It might of had a little gas and I assumed it was completely out because it must have been running all night, the gas hand was below E. I just bought the car from another state 2 weeks ago so no crazy ex, plus I have security cameras, nobody came near the car all night I checked. I swear I have no expansive for any of this which is why I'm so lost.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Welcome to the site!

Is this a coupe or convertible?

First off, there is absolutely no provision that will command the car to start if the battery is going low, to “charge it”.

Since the car is new to you - have you gone through it to make sure a remote starter was not installed? Aftermarket Remote starts can be installed in a manual transmission vehicle. However, it has to have a safety so the car can’t be started when the trans is in gear.

When your car started again when getting gas, was it neutral?

If it has a hidden aftermarket remote start feature, I’m wondering if someone isn’t messing with you by remote starting it via a mobile app IF the remote start has such a feature…

Make it do it again, film it…

OP
OP

H3LLZYEA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang v6
Is there any way anyone knows of that the car as a manual can start with no remote start installed? Could there be an aftermarket in not aware of for a manual remote start?

OP
OP

H3LLZYEA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang v6
Yes it was in neutral when I went to get gas, I know that for a fact because the mystery of it starting by itself caused me to leave it out of gear just in case
I was unaware they sold remote starters for manual cars, could there actually be a short or something that could cause it to start on its own?
It's a coupe

Sponsored
OP
OP

H3LLZYEA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang v6
Hmm so under the dash somewhere is where I'm assuming to look for the remote starter if there is one? Also the dealership i purchased it from only sent one key fob with their delivery guy and no mention of a remote start feature but wouldn't you need another key fob to start it?

OP
OP

H3LLZYEA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang v6
Sorry I just know I won't sleep tonight because I'm worried it will start up again, maybe this time it goes on a crime spree lol, I'm so confused.
I'll research aftermarket manual remote starters and try and locate if there is one.
Thank you for your suggestions

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I would have to guess the same as above. Aftermarket remote start that works via an app & someone is messing with you.

OP
OP

H3LLZYEA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang v6
Thank you all I will look tomorrow and post if I find one, if there's an app that can remote start it I'm going to have a nice long chat with the dealership I purchased it from.
Sponsored