Sponsored

**SOLVED** New here, issue that is very strange to me, please help

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
@H3LLZYEA Take it to the closest dealer. I'd actually be somewhat vague, so they don't come to any pre-conceived notions about anything that might be wrong or history. Ask them to perform a full mechanical and electrical diagnostic on the car. Something they'd do when prepping a car for sale. Scans, checks, software code updates, recall notices, etc. Use that as a baseline. Then, continue to monitor. Just for the heck of it, leave the car in neutral, but with the parking brake set, in-case it happens again. And something less than a full compliment of gas.
Sponsored

Last edited:

_zOmbIE_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 22 GT Prem PP
I'm not insane, I'm not a moron, there's a ghost in the machine in the wiring somewhere. I have no issue uploading the video just not sure where to do it to post a link.
No offense (well, maybe *some* offense) intended, but the jury is still out on that.

As many have said, there's no way the car started and ran for an extended period while IN GEAR.

OP
OP

H3LLZYEA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang v6
No offense (well, maybe *some* offense) intended, but the jury is still out on that.

As many have said, there's no way the car started and ran for an extended period while IN GEAR.
I said several times that maybe in my confusion the car wasnt in gear, but that's fine i was seriously worried about asking this question because of the strange circumstances but I did anyway. I'll get it figured out one way or another.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I once had a remote start kit installed on my daughter’s 2010 Focus and she had to sacrifice one key (because of the chip in it) in order for the kit to work. The audio shop that did the install placed the key in a small plastic holder and suck it underneath the dash. We never had any of the issues that you describe though. A couple of things do come to mind. Do another search for the missing key fob. It could also be underneath the center console. My Bullitt has a key detector underneath the console which must remain plugged up in order to start the car. See link below, as it appears that your car should have one too.

1. The neutral safety switch would have to be bypassed on a manual transmission car, as this is a safety feature from the factory (clutch must be depressed to start the car) to prevent it from lurching forward if left in gear and the car is started via key or push button.

2. The car has had some aftermarket stereo enhancements and was perhaps receiving a remote turn on signal from being wired into something that powers it with the door open, causing the subwoofer to activate. A dark stereo screen is not unheard of. I’ve had this happen to my 2019 Bullitt and the music continued to play while I was driving. I chalked that up to an electrical glitch.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274502433965?chn=ps&mkevt=1&mkcid=28

Sponsored

OP
OP

H3LLZYEA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang v6
I once had a remote start kit installed on my daughter’s 2010 Focus and she had to sacrifice one key (because of the chip in it) in order for the kit to work. The audio shop that did the install placed the key in a small plastic holder and suck it underneath the dash. We never had any of the issues that you describe though. A couple of things do come to mind. Do another search for the missing key fob. It could also be underneath the center console. My Bullitt has a key detector underneath the console which must remain plugged up in order to start the car. See link below, as it appears that your car should have one too.

1. The neutral safety switch would have to be bypassed on a manual transmission car, as this is a safety feature from the factory (clutch must be depressed to start the car) to prevent it from lurching forward if left in gear and the car is started via key or push button.

2. The car has had some aftermarket stereo enhancements and was perhaps receiving a remote turn on signal from being wired into something that powers it with the door open, causing the subwoofer to activate. A dark stereo screen is not unheard of. I’ve had this happen to my 2019 Bullitt and the music continued to play while I was driving. I chalked that up to an electrical glitch.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274502433965?chn=ps&mkevt=1&mkcid=28
I was thinking about the audio upgrade causing something but I can't figure out where the amp remote wire could be attached that would cause things like this. I read about the key thing under the cup holder I'll check that and I'll sweep the car today for the other key just in case.
The remote starter kits i saw for manual transmissions were all wired in right under the dash under the steering column, anyone know if anywhere else i should look?
Once again I know your strange this is, if the car had been left running all night (im New to the push button start so it's possible) then ran out of gas and then drained the battery after the gas was gone I just can't explain how it started back up when I went to get gas, I was only gone 15 minutes and the car was dead when I left with the charger on the battery, that part is still bothering me so much because I know exactly what state the car was in, that I had the key, the gas hand showed less than E so how did it start?
I'm going to try and get an appointment to have it fully scanned as suggested, get the full work up and try and get an answer for all this.
Thank you to everyone not instantly calling me insane and trying to help with this strange occurrence.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
If it has aftermarket stereo equipment, such as subs, then pull out the trunk liners - easy to do, only some minor plastic fasteners and mostly held on by magnets. Follow any/all non-factory wiring.

Using a bright LEF light, look everywhere under the dash, under each seat and peel back carpet off lower firewall floor pan if necessary searching for any non-factory looking wiring or spliced wires. Do the same under the hood - pop the battery cover and see what else is connected (other than factory wiring).

Does it have the large 8" SYNC display? If so have you attempted to reset it to clear anything (apps) that was stored by the previous owner?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
For the remote wire, assuming whomever installed it adhered to the typical wire color (which is blue), it should stand out. Pull the door sill covers and have a look there for the remote wire. Maybe someone tapped into the power for illuminated door sills (if you have those) for the amp remote signal.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I think its meme time ...

1659441919070.png

Joking aside - I hope you get it all figured out !

WD :like:

OP
OP

H3LLZYEA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang v6
**SOLVED**
okay may I begin by saying I feel like I'm a smart guy, but I've just proved to myself I'm a complete and total fool.

So when I found the car running (what started all this) my girlfriend actually was the one who walked outside first and told me the car was running, I ran out heard it and opened the door which caused it to shut off. This the entire saga began...
Since I was rushing to see why it was running I never really paid attention completely I just reacted.

All that being said as I went to take my son to school about 30 minutes ago when I walked outside the car was again "running" I quickly turned on my camera to have proof im not crazy and by slowing down to do that I realized what was ACTUALLY HAPPENING!
The car was never running, the subwoofer in the back was talking the rear of the car making it sound like the car was idling when in fact it was just the speakers causing the noise.
Since that drained the battery to almost dead or completely dead when I opened the door the sudden drain for the interior lights shut everything off.
When I put the charger on it to see the gas gage the car hadn't recovered yet so it didn't read any gas, I shut it off quickly because I was charging it and went to get gas.
When I returned the battery had enough juice to power the subs again so they were rattling again and in my rush yet again I jumped out and opened the door again which caused the drain again etc...

So in conclusion I rushed, the speakers cause a sound that sounds like idling, I made assumptions based off that instead of thinking logically, convinced myself the car was running due to the sound and bothered you nice people with an impossible question.

I'm an idiot, my only defense is it really does sound like it's idling with those subs rattling the trunk.

Anyway I'm guessing the earlier post is exactly right, the remote wire must be hooked into something it shouldn't be and is randomly supplying power to the subs causing the whole issue.

I will now slink away in shame as the meme tidal wave hits that I truly deserve!

Thank you to everyone for even entertaining the idea the car started in gear without a key in a manual car, you are all truly kind people to indulge a lunatic in his ramblings.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
you gotta admit, this is one way to get his post count up in a rapid manner...

6 cylinders
6 speakers
6 windows

clearly this is the Devil's car he lost in a divorce.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Well, at least the issue is resolved.

Wvmike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP
I'm not so sure the issue is resolved. Something is waking up or keeping the amp awake. That's likely why his battery was dead. It looks to me like the car is not going to sleep properly. This can be caused by a lot of things, but typically a bad module.

Ask the dealer if they bought this car at auction.

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Funny read lmao.

Don't feel bad OP. Everyone has done dumb things and made decisions without thinking when it comes to cars. The forums just makes it public haha.

Glad the mustang isn't super haunted at-least. Casper may still be playing with the speakers tho.
Sponsored