OP

H3LLZYEA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang v6
I think the remote wire is hooked to something that's powering it on randomly, I didn't have time today to follow the wire but I will as soon as I can.
If that's not the issue then I have no idea what could power on the amp randomly, I will test each wire and try and find out where the power is coming from.

Either way at least Stephen King didn't invent my car, that's calming enough for me at this point
Sponsored

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
My money was on OP slipping into a fugue state, unaware he started his own car 🤣

Glad you solved the mystery @H3LLZYEA

Welcome to the forum!

black22gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trigger
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt
Here's a short term solution. Wire a switch in line on the remote wire, at the amp or at the firewall. Then turn it off when you park the car. This will prevent the amp from doing this crazy stuff until you can track the problem down, which is probably the remote wire tapping into something that doesn't only come on with the key.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
remote repo devices phone home (beacon) at various intervals too. First thing to do is rip out the remote start device and restore factory wiring.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Another quick fix is to disconnect the blue remote turn-on wire at the amp and tape it off. Then run a new remote turn on wire from the amp to the fuse box in passenger footwell and use a fuse add-on to tap into the fuse that controls the door locks/windows. This is fuse #21 on my car...I believe. This particular fuse will shut off power after a specified time, if you don't open a door and will immediately shut off power if you switch ignition to off AND open a door. Of course you can use other fuses in the box that only supply power with ignition on if desired.....As for the remote start...that is another story.

Sponsored

OP
OP

H3LLZYEA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang v6
After much searching and tracking I have up and wired a nice discreet toggle switch for the amp. Every fuse I tried caused the same issue even those I know do not activate until the acc is turned on. (Tried the radio head unit fuse, the door lights, the power windows etc) every single fuse i tapped would kick the amp on after about 30 seconds an he the subs would come on full level.

So I believe it's either the connector I have for the amp to tap into the rear speakers, or it's the amp itself that has a malfunction.

I ordered a new line converter to see if that's it first then I'll swap the amp if the issue is still there.

For now the toggle switch works just fine as long as I remember to flip it when I park the car.

Not sure why those fuses allowed power to the amp but either way I don't believe it's a car issue just the stuff I have in there.

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all, I recently purchased a 2015 mustang v6 after working on and modding mercedes for the past 15 years.
The car is great, already threw some basic things into it CAI, side window louvers, exhaust and speakers.
I've had the car for 2 weeks with no issues, I'm hoping to build a nice little sleeper out of the v6.
So this morning I go outside and my car is running! I run over and as soon as I open the door the engine shuts off. I quickly realize the battery is dead and it's out of gas.
It's a 6 speed manual, no remote start, I always put a manual in first when I park it so I have no idea how I could have left it running by accident. Still I decide that's what I must have done, I throw a charger on the battery and run to the store to get gas to put in it, I'm gone 15 minutes with the only key fob in my pocket, when I return the car is running AGAIN!
So I have no idea what is happening, the only thing I could come up with was some form of fail safe that if something was draining the battery over night the car starts itself to charge the battery, then it ran out of gas after probably running for a few hours at night, then when it ran out of gas the battery drain started again... with no remote start, it being a manual, a me not being able to actually convince myself of this insane theory I concocted I'm turning here for help!
I use to own a 93 fox body in 95 and loved it, after my European car straying I'm once again back where I belong, please let me know any ideas as to how it happened or what caused this.
Thank you
I'd lay off the Wild Turkey if I were you.
Sponsored