Sponsored

Solo Performance GT exhaust systems review - updated with photos/videos

Which Solo Performance version do you have?

• Mach XV

Votes: 77 38.3%
  • Mach Thunder

Votes: 70 34.8%
  • Street Race

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Axleback

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • other (with header, H-pipe, etc..)

Votes: 16 8.0%

• Total voters

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem/auto - triple yellow convert
Yep - mine can with 2 boxed clamps for the pipes, and 2 bagged clamps for the tips, so 4 total.
So you just wedged the tips on and trust they never vibrate loose?
Sponsored

mocella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT Premium
So you just wedged the tips on and trust they never vibrate loose?
No, I meant there were 4 total clamps in the box, and I reused the 2 from the resonator, so you'd have 6 total clamps, including the 2 reused ones.

The box from Solo had a couple of 3" wide clamps, and 2 that were like 1" (used for the tips).

Mach3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Does anyone have any more vids of start up, idle, and pulls for the Mach Thunder and XV. I can't find any on YouTube except the Op's. I would like to here some more vids before I make my decision. And do either of these crackle and pop on downshifts?

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Actually the end of the tailpipe inside the tip is visible on these pics, it is well behind the bumper, so adjusting the tip to be flush with the bumpers shouldn't be a problem....

Well this install clearly shows clamps on the tips.

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
No, I meant there were 4 total clamps in the box, and I reused the 2 from the resonator, so you'd have 6 total clamps, including the 2 reused ones.

The box from Solo had a couple of 3" wide clamps, and 2 that were like 1" (used for the tips).
Seriously? I chewed those up pretty good getting them off. But it makes sense that I would need 3 inchers on both ends of the reasonator since it isn't welded in. They really need some instructions for backyard part time mechanics!

Sponsored

OP
OP
COYOTEV8

COYOTEV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 401A PP TY
Does anyone have any more vids of start up, idle, and pulls for the Mach Thunder and XV. I can't find any on YouTube except the Op's. I would like to here some more vids before I make my decision. And do either of these crackle and pop on downshifts?
I don't have more videos (I guess we have to wait until some of the on going installs are completed) but I can confirm mine does pop on downshifts (in a good way). I love the sound upon downsihifting and letting it slow down...

OP
OP
COYOTEV8

COYOTEV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seriously? I chewed those up pretty good getting them off. But it makes sense that I would need 3 inchers on both ends of the reasonator since it isn't welded in. They really need some instructions for backyard part time mechanics!
Solo did my install, so I don't have much experience on that part, but as I recall they reused the clamps between the resonator and the cats, too. (until they broke after the 10+ install/removal, then replaced them)

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
HEY SOLO THROW IN A NOTE...

...with your clamp package that says "be sure to save and reuse the stock clamps between the resonator and your cats". Attach it to the clamp package. Remember you are marketing to a wide audience of experiences.

Fortunately, I hadn't thrown out the old clamps. Although bent, they are still reusable, I think. When I saw the new 3" clamps in the package I assumed they replaced the old ones. Yes, I know about assuming....but when there are no instruction you are forced to assume unless you suspect something is wrong, which I didn't at the time.

As soon as I get these clamps rebent I am ready to install. :clap2:

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
no pics-no videos

I was going to post a pic of my clamps and 3 short videos showing raising the mustang on the 5000XL quickjack, which works great.

Unfortunately this forum does not seem to like iMacs or iPhones. Once in awhile my pic will post. But none of these would. Sorry. Videos were less than 10-20 seconds each.

:shrug:

TruBlue16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT w/PP
They sent me instruction through email. I attached them here

Attachments

Sponsored
OP
OP
COYOTEV8

COYOTEV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was going to post a pic of my clamps and 3 short videos showing raising the mustang on the 5000XL quickjack, which works great.

Unfortunately this forum does not seem to like iMacs or iPhones. Once in awhile my pic will post. But none of these would. Sorry. Videos were less than 10-20 seconds each.

:shrug:
Could you just upload them to youtube and post the link? If you include the full youtube link from the address bar (not the short one what youtube offers under the share button), the videos will be properly inserted (just like my ones here).

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
They sent me instruction through email. I attached them here
Thanks, I had those somewhere and couldn't find them. So I searched their site and couldn't find them.

I have a new problem. They were not written for convertibles. Those pipes will NOT slip through. So now I need to know exactly what I have to remove (and no more) to get them on.

I'm going to make a quick call now.:headbonk:

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
ok waiting for a call back. I guess no-one on this forum did their own convertible install?

I am pretty sure I will have to remove some of the bracing to get the pipes in place. But I don't want to just guess at it. The car is on a quickjack that is self leveling.

P.S. I am living proof that nothing is so simple someone can't screw it up. :headband:

UPDATE: I do see in the instructions where it says to remove all hangers first. I will try that and try it again. But the bracing is very intrusive. So fingers crossed. Wow, I wish I could have found these instructions!

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Could you just upload them to youtube and post the link? If you include the full youtube link from the address bar (not the short one what youtube offers under the share button), the videos will be properly inserted (just like my ones here).
I will try that later. I wonder why it won't take my pics (except sometimes???). Even when I make them smaller they don't always go through. Then others send high def full page size ones.

OK one problem at a time.:frusty:

OP
OP
COYOTEV8

COYOTEV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will try that later. I wonder why it won't take my pics (except sometimes???). Even when I make them smaller they don't always go through. Then others send high def full page size ones.

OK one problem at a time.:frusty:
I have linked all photos via photobucket.com (upload the pics there, then take the IMG link and paste here).. ;)
Sponsored