Sponsored

Solo Performance GT exhaust systems review - updated with photos/videos

Which Solo Performance version do you have?

• Mach XV

Votes: 77 38.3%
  • Mach Thunder

Votes: 70 34.8%
  • Street Race

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Axleback

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • other (with header, H-pipe, etc..)

Votes: 16 8.0%

• Total voters

songangchen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premuim
Glad to hear you were also considering AWE but chose Solo.
Do you mean the quad tips drone? i actually just bought a quad tips AWE touring and it has very heavy drone at 1500rmp+... wondering if i did anything wrong or it does drone.... any idea?

ripto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Do you mean the quad tips drone? i actually just bought a quad tips AWE touring and it has very heavy drone at 1500rmp+... wondering if i did anything wrong or it does drone.... any idea?
Not sure what you are talking about, did you mean to quote me?

stillmatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael.
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT.
anyone else hear about the new "cyclone" system they just released?
it's supposed to sit right between the thunder and street race, in terms of volume. they say it's the best tone and their personal favorite out of all their kits. i've only seen one video of it and it's posted on their socials (instagram, facebook); from that video it sounds pretty damn good + quite a bit louder than the thunder. i've had the mach thunder for just a few hundred miles over the break-in period and i love everything about it - i just want it to be a touch louder. and from what i can tell and understand, the street race is more than just a "touch". i'm strongly considering the cyclone for a mid section swap now.

has anyone bought the bolt-in replacement?
or heard the catback in person?

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
nothing on their site. if the price is reasonable i'd probably replace my setup with the cyclone catback.

Sponsored

stillmatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael.
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT.
according to them on facebook, it's on promo pricing right now for $325, and you just have to call to place an order. of course, that price being if you already have a kit & need to swap.

thinking of just going for it. i can always swap my thunder back in if i don't like it.

TICTACS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
It's loud but I love it. I have it paired with catless headers and it begins to get ridiculous at 2800rpm and cold starts are crazy

Sponsored

ripto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Is there a major difference in cold start volume between the Mach XV and the Mach Thunder? I'm thinking neither of these are really a 430am start up friendly exhaust.

TICTACS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
Is there a major difference in cold start volume between the Mach XV and the Mach Thunder? I'm thinking neither of these are really a 430am start up friendly exhaust.
With my tune from Lund the harsh part of the cold start doesn't last longer than 2 seconds. I've had catless headers with both and it's not that bad with the Mach XV but with the Cyclone it's out of control loud but only for 2 seconds.

ripto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
With my tune from Lund the harsh part of the cold start doesn't last longer than 2 seconds. I've had catless headers with both and it's not that bad with the Mach XV but with the Cyclone it's out of control loud but only for 2 seconds.
Did you happen to have the Mach XV prior to the headers and tune? If so, how was that at cold start up?

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Anybody use an h pipe with the axle backs? YouTube wasn't really helpful aside from one video

ripto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Anybody use an h pipe with the axle backs? YouTube wasn't really helpful aside from one video
You can effectively YouTube resonator delete H pipe with muffler deletes, and there are a ton of those videos out there. The only difference will be the reduced drone from the J pipes, which you really won't hear on a typical start up, rev video.
Sponsored