Sponsored

Solo Performance GT exhaust systems review - updated with photos/videos

Which Solo Performance version do you have?

• Mach XV

Votes: 77 38.3%
  • Mach Thunder

Votes: 70 34.8%
  • Street Race

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Axleback

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • other (with header, H-pipe, etc..)

Votes: 16 8.0%

• Total voters

luisinho93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 50th Anniversary
I have mach thunder and i'm thinking about adding the x pipe to make it like the street race version since I won't be getting headers anytime soon :(
Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
don't forget we have solot on our christmas sale today

xmas_sale_calendar_4.jpg

shawn3210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 PP Triple yellow
I have mach thunder and i'm thinking about adding the x pipe to make it like the street race version since I won't be getting headers anytime soon :(
I'll be taking off my race x pipe for a mach xv if you're interested lol

Sponsored

jayvajj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Now the little problem I came across - after installing muffler and the right side pipe, I was not able to slide left one as far as the right one - muffler was not parallel to the ground and I think that right side was sitting little too high and therefore when I was trying to push it in, rear frame was in a way. I will try to loosen everything, back the right pipe out a little and try to make it even, but maybe somebody has any recommendations on what to do ?
I had the same issue; the passenger side of the muffler sagged lower to the ground. I was able to get underneath the muffler and basically twist it enough to make it parallel.

Right now I'm debating to get the car back on stands and shoving up the exhaust tubes further up as it sits few inches lower than the differential. In doing tha the jpipes will sag lower.

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
My Solo Mach XV has developed a loud rattle from inside the muffler. I originally thought it was just a clamp, but all the clamps are perfect and when you tap on the muffler, you can hear the rattling. Hoping Solo will warranty the midpipe section for me. We shall see :gossip:

It is such a fantastic exhaust, though. I have catless longtubes and really love the sound.

Here's a video of the rattle at idle:
[ame]

goingsolo2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
My Solo Mach XV has developed a loud rattle from inside the muffler. I originally thought it was just a clamp, but all the clamps are perfect and when you tap on the muffler, you can hear the rattling. Hoping Solo will warranty the midpipe section for me. We shall see :gossip:

It is such a fantastic exhaust, though. I have catless longtubes and really love the sound.

Do you have a tune on the car? It may be running too rich because of the tune. That will cause too much unburnt fuel to get through the exhaust and will heat up the muffler internals much more than normal.

lucasszy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 6MT

This has happened to someone else as well. IIRC, it was something to do with the pipes touching other materials around them, as there isnt anything that can truly rattle inside the parts.

From my own experience, I can say that the guys at SOLO rock at bending over backwards to get you to being a happy customer. They did it for me when the exhaust melted my rear reflectors.

Call or email them direct: Beats waiting around here as they may miss it here.

[email protected]
[email protected]

Jeff and Steve are amazing guys and stand behind their product fully!

Sponsored

goingsolo2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thanks so much for the kind words...yes, you are right...there's not much inside the muffler to rattle...have you checked all clearances and the heat shield bolts? They tend to come loose often.

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Do you have a tune on the car? It may be running too rich because of the tune. That will cause too much unburnt fuel to get through the exhaust and will heat up the muffler internals much more than normal.
The car has a tune, but it isn't running rich at all. It's dead-on.

lucasszy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 6MT
Thanks so much for the kind words...yes, you are right...there's not much inside the muffler to rattle...have you checked all clearances and the heat shield bolts? They tend to come loose often.
IIRC it may have been the heat shield bolts.... Spot on!

Having put 10K miles on my own race XV system, its only getting better. I now set off most car alarms in parking structures.

I LOVE THIS SYSTEM!!!!

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
I took the car to a shop today and they had it on a lift. Clearances were good and clamps were tight. They told me it for sure wasn't the fitment or anything like that.

goingsolo2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I took the car to a shop today and they had it on a lift. Clearances were good and clamps were tight. They told me it for sure wasn't the fitment or anything like that.
OK, no problem. We will warranty your muffler and send you a return box to send that one back in. We inspect them just to make sure they were not defective or tampered with. Unfortunately a few bad apples in the past made this necessary.

Please email me at [email protected] with your information so we can check in our system and get the new one out to you with the return label.

Steve
Sponsored