Sponsored

Sold PP2 and replaced it with PP1 Convertible. Wish me luck....

OP
OP
TonyNJ

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, 2020 GT350 Heritage

TasGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 MY17 Mustang GT 5L Triple Yellow Convertible
OP
OP
TonyNJ

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Hey. First post so please pardon any gaffes. Sold my awesome 2019 PP2 red Recaro 401A car a month ago. It wasn't getting much drive time and we have a loaded 2018 GT premium auto for the daily so it was not used often enough.

The Recaros got old quick and the manual and PP2 suspension was only fun without passengers if you know what I mean.

Hey Tony,
The rag top Mustang is a great looking car, best of brand . Recaros, do look nice, (race, belts) falls short getting in and out of the car

Disagree with regards to the 6sp, am curious to learn more abut the suspension & passenger comment..

Tightening up the body flex, in the front think the 4 point K member is a better choice.

The rear, thinking I remember seeing a photo & saw the reason Steeda bracing is a no go.

But don't remember why, how about posting photo of that. Showing the front of the wheel well and

@Bikeman315:

Wheel & tires stiffing body ......... yes when removed, car sitting on the body.. LMAO

IMG_0164.jpeg

One of the 2 ends are different on the car

IMG_0161.jpeg

4 point triangulation in always better

plresultsman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
16 White GT Vert GT PP Roush Stg1 M'flow ctbck
I just put the 2 point and jacking rails in...significant is right. So much better. mustang6g to the rescue.
Did you install yourself or have dealer do it?
The Steeda rails for $179 and 2 point subframe brace for $109 greatly improved my rides structural stability. There are other companies that offer similar products. I'm sure they're good too.
I. too, cannot find a two point Steeda subframe brace (neither description or price turn up anything obvious)...Thanks if you can help with a link!

Sponsored

OP
OP
TonyNJ

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
TonyNJ

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)

plresultsman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
16 White GT Vert GT PP Roush Stg1 M'flow ctbck
I've said it before, I'll say it again - get the 2 point front subframe brace from steeda and the rear IRS braces / connectors. They bolt right on and the difference is ridiculous.
Do you mind pointing me to links to the two mods you mention above? I'd like to stiffen and improve cornering with my '16 CT vert w Roush SC as much as possible. Thank you!

Sponsored
OP
OP
TonyNJ

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Do you mind pointing me to links to the two mods you mention above? I'd like to stiffen and improve cornering with my '16 CT vert w Roush SC as much as possible. Thank you!
The IRS braces don't fit on a convertible. There's factory bracing in the way.

Torey3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
FWIW: I do not know if the extra bracing under my 2020 GT, PP1, MagneRide, Vert is there because its a vert, or a PP1 car. I know I can't get to the torque boxes in the back because of the brace(s).

Last year I installed the Steeda Jacking Rails just to make it easier to raise for maintenance. I don't track my car or drive it hard so I haven't noticed any difference.

BTW: Nice Vert - lol.
I installed a light bar recently. Even though it’s decorative, I feel like it tightened up the car a little. It’s mounted pretty solid and connects the passenger and driver side of the car In a manner like the strut tower brace.
10571389-0553-4A59-B0B9-F729411048F1.jpeg

E63F5A34-FC10-40CC-9D4F-376F1C760774.jpeg

Last edited:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

outshine1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Hey Cobra Jet. I did this today. It was a significant improvement. Installed both Steeda jacking rails and Steeda underside 2 point brace. I immediately went on a top up, radio off, exhaust mode on quiet, ride. Seriously...I like my car A LOT more now. It worked. Interestingly, now I just notice all the other non chassis related rattles and noises. That's a good thing. Thanks for the advice. It was sage. I guess Ford didn't do this because....costs? The vert is almost as sturdy as the coupe. 👍
Hi - I recently purchased a 2017 Mustang vert v6 auto trans and like others am exploring options to reduce cowl shake and came across this excellent thread. Is this the link to the Steeda 2 point brace you installed? Thanks in advance! https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-...555-5533.html#/filter:ss_ymm:Mustang$253E2017

OP
OP
TonyNJ

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Hi - I recently purchased a 2017 Mustang vert v6 auto trans and like others am exploring options to reduce cowl shake and came across this excellent thread. Is this the link to the Steeda 2 point brace you installed? Thanks in advance! https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-...555-5533.html#/filter:ss_ymm:Mustang$253E2017
Yup. That's the one. That and the jacking rails helped a lot. Just know that it will never be as stiff as a coupe/hardtop.

Btw, I have a set of convertible jacking rails listed in the classifieds section on here. 😁
Sponsored