Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I think things are going to get interesting in the next year also, and believe there could be some tough times coming. I've been wanting that '22 GT500, but since I became debt free in March I have to say that I enjoy the semi-bohemian lifestyle that it brings. We'll see.

But the desire to own another chunk of the planet is there too, and I was up nort' last weekend. This could be my view every morning once retired if things come to fruition.

sunrise.jpg

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
My wife is trying to get me to sell my 2016 Lariat, 53K on it for a new truck. I am on the fence, I have a 6" lift, power steps, the 5.0, and 35" tires. Flares and the black op's hood from that year.

Not sure what it would fetch, but I am not sure what type of truck I would get back. A raptor would need to be one of the trucks, or perhaps the 2021 Black Ops truck. Meh we will see. I like no payments.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
This is number 3 Shelby from them. In writing not needed. Heck, he did not even ask for the deposit this time.

Yes.
Yep, lots of shelbys too. The last deal jacket got "lost" and I was told that they will do their best to honor the deal. It took a lot of hard work and documentation to get it back on track.

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Sucks you had to let it go, but breaking even is damn near best case.

I've been considering selling my orange 6.2 2010 Raptor, I got new off the lot. Has about 60k on it. Entertained a few offers, just nothing I'd want to replace it with, so keeping it for now. My son would freak if I let it go too. He loves that truck.

Still feel like it may be wise to get rid of it while I can for top dollar. Idk

Last edited:

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
With the money to own that many expensive cars and trucks id down size the car/trucks and house and just retire now.

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
I don’t understand the people buying them? Why won’t people just wait til cars are made instead of paying full or more for used cars just to have them NOW!
Whats even more baffling is the BANKS!!

Banks should NOT be allowing financing on absurd USED vehicle prices!!

Depreciating asset and people areaking money selling them back to dealerships not even via private party!

The whole thing screams inflation!

Sponsored

GUSTOPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Yeh not sure on that being the case and wow no in the hell way would I buy a new car right now due to exactly what you have said.
Bit it works nice if you don't need to buy a car. I sold my Mustang and driving my wife's Pilot. If you are trading in just to buy another then it is kind of a wash.

OP
OP
IceAge

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
Saw this interesting update from John Clay Wolfe the owner of GivemetheVin.com

We see market moves way before the press catches up. However, for those who care, we sold our thousand cars today and the car fever has cooled off in this heat. The car wholesale market was oversold huge, many took advantage and sold their used cars to companies like GivemetheVIN.com carmax and Carvana for at or more than they paid for it 1-2-3 yrs ago. Like lumber market, it just got goofy, and still is very high, higher today than years prior, but the helium balloon popped today. If you want to know what your blah blah blah is worth, I can tell you about 8% less this afternoon than before the automotive exchange bell rang in the 5 GMTV trading posts in Dallas Texas this morning. We set the market right here in the middle of the US. Some days are smiles, some are frowns. When you plan for the frowns, it’s not surprising. When a 3 year old Toyota Tacoma is selling at wholesale auction for the MSRP price it had on its window 3 and 4 YEARS ago, that shit ain’t sustainable. I read in the journal where lumber prices coming down quickly too. I think it’s good, hyper inflation is bad. I wrote about it few months ago when the used market when sky high, said yes we were making record profits but at what true inflationary cost? Like all capital markets, they tend to correct themselves, and hopefully that’s what we’re seeing starting now. TTYL

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I called the show last weekend and got on air and spoke to him about my sale to GMTV.com. He said the market had peaked and I timed my sell pretty well. He was amazed that the car brought $8,000 over MSRP after 6 months of ownership but added that is what the market dictated last week. He then said the car today, one week later than the sale date to them, would easily be $2,000 less and going down daily.
It appears he was correct.

Face76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Saw this interesting update from John Clay Wolfe the owner of GivemetheVin.com

We see market moves way before the press catches up. However, for those who care, we sold our thousand cars today and the car fever has cooled off in this heat. The car wholesale market was oversold huge, many took advantage and sold their used cars to companies like GivemetheVIN.com carmax and Carvana for at or more than they paid for it 1-2-3 yrs ago. Like lumber market, it just got goofy, and still is very high, higher today than years prior, but the helium balloon popped today. If you want to know what your blah blah blah is worth, I can tell you about 8% less this afternoon than before the automotive exchange bell rang in the 5 GMTV trading posts in Dallas Texas this morning. We set the market right here in the middle of the US. Some days are smiles, some are frowns. When you plan for the frowns, it’s not surprising. When a 3 year old Toyota Tacoma is selling at wholesale auction for the MSRP price it had on its window 3 and 4 YEARS ago, that shit ain’t sustainable. I read in the journal where lumber prices coming down quickly too. I think it’s good, hyper inflation is bad. I wrote about it few months ago when the used market when sky high, said yes we were making record profits but at what true inflationary cost? Like all capital markets, they tend to correct themselves, and hopefully that’s what we’re seeing starting now. TTYL
Sold our RedEye Hellcat to ALGO yesterday and felt that the was the top for that car. They paid us $1,000 more than we paid about 9 months ago. House and used cars will be lower 6 moths from now. Lumber is already 40% off its high and falling fast.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Lumber is already 40% off its high and falling fast.
Good, because I'm going to need a pile in a few weeks....
Sponsored