Sponsored

Soft touch

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I had someone tell me today that they thought the upper part of my interior door panels are supposed to be soft touch on my Premium 2016 GT. Is that correct? Everything about my door panels except for the center insert is hard touch plastic?

-Jeff
Sponsored

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
Only if it has the premier trim package. Otherwise its hard plastic.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
The premier trim has the soft touch on the top of the door.

OP
OP
HISSMAN

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stupid dealership package. I wanted tits up everything on this car. Figures. I thought that was included with premium package.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Stupid dealership package. I wanted tits up everything on this car. Figures. I thought that was included with premium package.
Unfortunately you have to educate yourself on everything...most dealerships don't even now anything about the cars they sell...I know more then every dealer I went to to look at Mustangs..they have no clue what the packages are. Had one tell me 20" wheels & summer tires were standard on all Mustangs and I literally looked at him and told him he shouldn't be selling a car he knows nothing about.

...dealership at the end of the day is not to blame though.

Sponsored

OP
OP
HISSMAN

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not blaming the dealer at all. Completely my fault if the premeir trim is not part of the Recaro package.

I know. I just figured with Recaro seats would include that as well based on the build site ford has up. They show Recaro seats as a premier option.

Premiere Trim with RECARO®

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Not blaming the dealer at all. Completely my fault if the premeir trim is not part of the Recaro package.

I know. I just figured with Recaro seats would include that as well based on the build site ford has up. They show Recaro seats as a premier option.

Premiere Trim with RECARO®
OK...actually you didn't mention that. You SHOULD have soft touch with that. I would contact Ford and say that you did not get the soft touch materials.

Premiere Trim or Premiere Trim with RECARO should yield the soft touch door panels.

Since it says "Premiere Trim" that means the better interior materials.

OP
OP
HISSMAN

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, what all door panels should be soft touch? The center insert? The top of the door, etc? That way I know what to say to them.
Sorry for the confusion earlier. I thought I had put the Recaro part in, but I had omitted it.

Thanks!

-Jeff

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
OK...actually you didn't mention that. You SHOULD have soft touch with that. I would contact Ford and say that you did not get the soft touch materials.

Premiere Trim or Premiere Trim with RECARO should yield the soft touch door panels.

Since it says "Premiere Trim" that means the better interior materials.
This is correct if you opted for Yellow Jacket or Red Line stitching on the Recaros.

If you opt for Yellow Jacket/Red Line Stitching, then Premier Trim w/ Color Accent Group ($395 Option) is automatically added to the order. If you opted for the standard ebony Recaros/stitching, then the Premier Trim W/ Color Accent Group is NOT automatically added to the order, and must be added manually like normal.

OP
OP
HISSMAN

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford and their confusing ways..

The stitching in my recaros is white-ish.

Sponsored

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon

Right, so Premier Trim w/ Color Accent Group needed to be added to the order manually in that case.

OP
OP
HISSMAN

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like I will be wrapping it in alcantara.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport

Yah it's amazing how oblivious some of these car companies are. They make things so confusing for customers with their packages.

They really need to take a page out of Apple and learn how to make intuitive systems that people can figure out.

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
Yah it's amazing how oblivious some of these car companies are. They make things so confusing for customers with their packages.

They really need to take a page out of Apple and learn how to make intuitive systems that people can figure out.
You think Ford is confusing with their packages? Look at chevy. 1ls,2ls,1lt,2lt,1ss,2ss,rs...
I think Ford is relatively straight-forward with their packages.

WindveilNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium convertible
You think Chevy is confusing look at Porsche - everything is ala carte. You can get the vents leather covered and the slats painted body color. It will cost a fortune. We joke with them that you can get any part of the 911 wrapped in leather...even the tires. And it is not far from true, you just need to be willing to pay 25-50% more for the car!
Sponsored