Sponsored

Soft Sealant to deaden rattle from Rear Bumper

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
During my oil change this weekend, I saw a missing screw that bolted rear bumper to a plastic
Sponsored

OP
OP
thunderstrike

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
piece. The piece is held together by some sort of snaps and because of the gaps it rattles when driving over the rough road. The missing screw has been replaced.

Is there a soft sealant that will never harden? Something sticky that stays soft that will allow easy removal? I want to use soft sealant in places that has gaps all over the rear and the bottom.

(Sorry about using two posts, I could not edit the earlier post).

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
piece. The piece is held together by some sort of snaps and because of the gaps it rattles when driving over the rough road. The missing screw has been replaced.

Is there a soft sealant that will never harden? Something sticky that stays soft that will allow easy removal? I want to use soft sealant in places that has gaps all over the rear and the bottom.

(Sorry about using two posts, I could not edit the earlier post).
You can use what's called museum gel. It's similar to the adhesive you find on mailers and such to attach cards to envelopes, pulls right off. Low strength.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
For things like that I use butyl rope. The same stuff they use on windows. You can wad it up to any thickness you need. It stays flexible and is extremely sticky.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Thread a small zip tie through the hole and rig the, that should work…. You could also get a sticky felt pad and wedge it between the gap.

Sponsored

Weyland-Yutani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT, '17 Volvo V60 Platinum, '04 E-150
For things like that I use butyl rope. The same stuff they use on windows. You can wad it up to any thickness you need. It stays flexible and is extremely sticky.
I call it “Monkey Sh*t”, but yeah. Great idea. That stuff is amazing….. in an alien technology kinda way.

OP
OP
thunderstrike

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you all for the replies. In fact, I think all your suggestions will work, depending on what/where the rattles are.

When going over a rough road slow, it's almost like a rattle snake is in the back rattling. ha ha

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra