SoCal Meet & Cruise #15: Angeles Crest Highway - November 20, 2016

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby Red
With all the damage done to the three cars yesterday I feel your pain with having to be towed home from a pines to palms cruise (99.4 miles) and from an Angeles Crest cruise (56 miles) but am very grateful no one was physically hurt. We do push our cars pretty hard on our cruises and I would say just as hard as if we were on a track course. With that said we have been fortunate that we haven't had any major issues (besides that one cruise almost a year ago). Like some have said living the Race life sometimes comes with race car problems. All the rocks on the road may be why most people don't cruise past Newcombs Ranch. Anyway wish the best and fast recovery to everyone's car and look forward to better results from our next outing.
Sponsored

Glacierbrew907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
I think this run is cursed.

Long story short, went back into town to get a new belt from Oreilly's using the part number off the old belt. Hour later and back at the car..... They gave me the wrong belt (too small) :frusty:. Called tow, waited hour and half they never showed. With all the rain the roads were a disaster by midnight with rocks everywhere it was like some kind of video game weaving and swerving to avoid rocks, some as big as a foot and a half. Even had one large ball of mud and rocks hit the road about 2 feet in front of me and dirt and mud showered my hood like a mortar round exploding when it hit the pavement.
Definitely cursed! It was one bad deal after another. That must have been one hell of a white knuckled ride down with all the rocks coming down. I can't image what it would be like above Newcombs Ranch in the dark raining rocks.

OutlawGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
GT-Trackpack
Wow! 50+ cars, that's a nice turnout. Sorry to hear about the misfortunes for some.:doh: I hope y'all get your problems fixed soon. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
klumpikat

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Good news, the rim is fixable, and everything will be done by Wednesday night :thumbsup:

Glacierbrew907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
Got the car up on jack stands in the garage today to see what else the rock damaged. The rock got me good.

[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

Sponsored

DanielIvan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT w/ 50th Anniversary Pack
Vehicle Showcase
Here are some drone pics from Sunday's event. Still getting the hang of flying so they aren't the best but one or two should be usable. These are not the full resolution images, but they'll work for social media. If you need the full resolution images, please let me know and I will get them to you asap.

Videos coming soon!

:cheers:
M6GCF1.jpg
M6GCF2.jpg
M6GCF3.jpg
M6GCF4.jpg
M6GCF5.jpg
M6GCF6.jpg
M6GCF7.jpg

Brometheus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP 6MT
That's awesome. What's the actual resolution that it shoots in?

Brometheus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP 6MT
Thanks man!
It shoots video at 2.7k and uses a f2.8 12MP sensor for stills which outputs an image 4000x3000 :eyebulge:
Drool. Requesting full resolution of pics 3, 4 ,5!

Sponsored

Glacierbrew907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]LLOhSgeTJ0E[/MEDIA]"]

15GTCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT A6
Thanks for the video Billy. I am so sorry to hear about the damage to your car. After you have all the damaged pieces replaced, it would be a good idea to get it realigned to be sure everything is square again.

OP
OP
klumpikat

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
OP
OP
klumpikat

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Thanks for the video Billy. I am so sorry to hear about the damage to your car. After you have all the damaged pieces replaced, it would be a good idea to get it realigned to be sure everything is square again.
Yes, relignment is a must...my car is getting that done Friday. Running over boulders can be a little rough on the suspension. So is relying on an ill-fitting (yet very helpful) spare wheel :D

Glacierbrew907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
Thanks man, good idea and luckily last alignment I did I signed up for there 3 year unlimited alignments :)

Yes, relignment is a must...my car is getting that done Friday. Running over boulders can be a little rough on the suspension. So is relying on an ill-fitting (yet very helpful) spare wheel
I'm happy my spare got put to good use and you made it home safe :thumbsup:
Sponsored