Sponsored

So you wanted to go fast and have a track car?

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
Very nice! Gonna be awesome!

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
So are you gonna run a race fuel map or just 93 and meth?

Sponsored

OP
OP
illtal

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So are you gonna run a race fuel map or just 93 and meth?
93 + meth for street
GT 260
E-85
Straight methanol if someone can do it
Ms109 or gt260+

Really with my fuel system all fuels are on the table

Racinjason65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1M-82
hopefully you end up going with a Magnum XL. with the power that it looks like you’re building, an MT82 won’t live reliably. Better to do it now and not have to buy shifters and driveshafts twice. I had Liberty Gear build me a Magnum XL with a 2.66 1st gear and .50 6th and every upgrade short of faceplate. The ratios in the Tremec are also more favorable for how I’m going to use the car (would also probably be better ratios for you as well)

OP
OP
illtal

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
hopefully you end up going with a Magnum XL. with the power that it looks like you’re building, an MT82 won’t live reliably. Better to do it now and not have to buy shifters and driveshafts twice. I had Liberty Gear build me a Magnum XL with a 2.66 1st gear and .50 6th and every upgrade short of faceplate. The ratios in the Tremec are also more favorable for how I’m going to use the car (would also probably be better ratios for you as well)
I have a shifter already Barton hybrid 3.

I'm probably gonna calimer it ...
It's not going to be driven daily at 1000+ Hp

If I was to do tremec I'd do 2.97 first. I have 3.55 final.
With the extra RPM no need for taller gearing

OP
OP
illtal

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I also bought bump steer kit, gfb boost controller and fuel rails. No pix for now. Car should be done

Racinjason65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1M-82
I have a shifter already Barton hybrid 3.

I'm probably gonna calimer it ...
It's not going to be driven daily at 1000+ Hp

If I was to do tremec I'd do 2.97 first. I have 3.55 final.
With the extra RPM no need for taller gearing
To do the Calimer stage 3 is just about the same price as getting a built Magnum Xl (if you still have a working MT82 to sell off to recoup $1,500 or so) and even a built MT82 won’t ever be as strong as a built Tremec, and people are still breaking Calimer transmissions with decent power. also, if you ever have a catastrophic clutch or flywheel failure, the Chinese cast case of an MT82 won’t contain those parts that are going to come in the car trying to cut your legs off like a steel, SFI rated scatter shield would.. I think I paid about $5,200 for my built magnum kit, Calimer wants $4,200 to do his stage 3 on your MT82. If you sell the MT82 and buy the Tremec, you get a better, safer, stronger trans for less money. It was a no brainer for me. i Also went with 3.89’s for the rear in a GForce 9” IRS

Sponsored
OP
OP
illtal

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I am well aware of the Magnum XL. But since I have all of this stuff for the D4, I'm going to use it. If it breaks so be it. It has not failed in any way completely stock at 700 wheel so far. The full Tremec swap is $6700 from modern driveline.

I'm not going to do a calimer stage 3.

Either way I'm going to spend at least 4k on transmission stuff. The car is not going to see max power except dyno runs and maybe 1/2 mile roll. Right now I'm looking at clutch, stage 1 with the upgraded forks and 3/4 gears with 26 spline input and a spec clutch.

The transmission just needs to perform where I'll be using it. I'll roll the dice here. If I misjudge no biggie. But considering most people said that the MT82-D4 wouldn't last long on my setup, proved to be false, I think it has a lot with how one treats the transmission.

I have options, because I'm thinking of swapping my 700 wheel engine into a fox which would necessitate getting a new transmission for the fox. I'm definitely not buying two of them.

It's (Magnum XL) still on the table, because the fox is lighter, the getrag should be more robust in the fox.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I am well aware of the Magnum XL. But since I have all of this stuff for the D4, I'm going to use it. If it breaks so be it. It has not failed in any way completely stock at 700 wheel so far. The full Tremec swap is $6700 from modern driveline.

I'm not going to do a calimer stage 3.

Either way I'm going to spend at least 4k on transmission stuff. The car is not going to see max power except dyno runs and maybe 1/2 mile roll. Right now I'm looking at clutch, stage 1 with the upgraded forks and 3/4 gears with 26 spline input and a spec clutch.

The transmission just needs to perform where I'll be using it. I'll roll the dice here. If I misjudge no biggie. But considering most people said that the MT82-D4 wouldn't last long on my setup, proved to be false, I think it has a lot with how one treats the transmission.

I have options, because I'm thinking of swapping my 700 wheel engine into a fox which would necessitate getting a new transmission for the fox. I'm definitely not buying two of them.

It's (Magnum XL) still on the table, because the fox is lighter, the getrag should be more robust in the fox.
Beef up whatever you can in the D4 while you’re in there. I stayed with the 23 spline input shaft, as I could only find a 26 spline input shaft for the 2011-2017 MT82. I wasn’t sure if the 2011-2017 shaft would fit the D4 without having to change out other gears on the output and countershafts, therefore, I just had all of the hard parts Cryo’d (including the input, output and countershaft bearings) and WPC treated to strengthen them.

Calimer also told me they wouldn’t sell their G-Force billet gears unless they built the tranny. I purchased my 1-2 & 3-4 billet aluminum shift forks from AMP Distributing. In addition, I added SynchroTech carbon fiber lined synchros for all gears, swapped out the plastic reverse shift fork pads for bronze pads and added a Setrab fluid pump to keep the gears at the front of the tranny happy.

OP
OP
illtal

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Update:

Long Awaited but here's the deal, one of my valve covers is broken, and Ford Has had us waiting for 4 MONTHS now. We will use the broken cover on the old engine for now and tarp wrap the engine and use the "OLD" valve cover on my "NEW" engine.

We are also changing out the head studs.... ARP this time

Since I was going to use the MT-82 until I broke it, but it looks like I'm getting Closer to having a Magnum swap seeing as how long this has taken while waiting on Ford.

I have a few more bits, Steeda Subframe braces, Subframe bolt alignment sleeves, 0-5V pump controllers, 1 Bar Map Sensor, Steeda Rear Spring Risers.

I'm decided on the brakes - so those will come after I decide on the transmission.... This will be happening very soon.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Update:

Long Awaited but here's the deal, one of my valve covers is broken, and Ford Has had us waiting for 4 MONTHS now. We will use the broken cover on the old engine for now and tarp wrap the engine and use the "OLD" valve cover on my "NEW" engine.

We are also changing out the head studs.... ARP this time

Since I was going to use the MT-82 until I broke it, but it looks like I'm getting Closer to having a Magnum swap seeing as how long this has taken while waiting on Ford.

I have a few more bits, Steeda Subframe braces, Subframe bolt alignment sleeves, 0-5V pump controllers, 1 Bar Map Sensor, Steeda Rear Spring Risers.

I'm decided on the brakes - so those will come after I decide on the transmission.... This will be happening very soon.
Is the MT82 stock or built? Either way, push it and see what it’s limit is for the good of the M6G community.

Four months is indeed a long time to wait on Ford. Good luck on everything and I hope you’re back up and running soon.

OP
OP
illtal

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Is the MT82 stock or built? Either way, push it and see what it’s limit is for the good of the M6G community.

Four months is indeed a long time to wait on Ford. Good luck on everything and I hope you’re back up and running soon.
Lol, depends. Dont wanna pay twice. It's getting close to being pulled because of time constraints. I haven't seen my car since February.

Was supposed to be finished and driven. Then maybe find out but I don't want anymore down time once I get it back.

For now it's ok because I may be moving again.
Sponsored