Vehicle Showcase
I got a 15 and it's been fine! I would buy any year np!:ford:
Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Really the only thing new in the -18 is the engine, and that's not totally different. Spray liner has been used for a while (Voodoo most recently) and direct+port has been used in other engines for a while. Magneride has been in the GT350, and a lot of other makes/models for years. Of course there may be new-different problems, but people it's less of a change than the 2015 and those are not exploding regularly.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Once you see the 2017 and 2018 side by side, you will gravitate to the '18. The '15 was really nice but retained some '13-'14 DNA.

The '18 is drop dead gorgeous and it is visually competitive with the GT350. Seeing them side by side will make you question why Ford didn't do that to begin with.

I honestly believe the higher good on the GT's were to accommodate any EU Pedestrian Crash Standards. Once Ford got the 350 to pass, they lowered the hood how they originally wanted.

OP
OP

Martel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/a
Thanks for the great advice everyone!

I just might pull the trigger on a '17 then, for the reliability issues AND I've always wanted a grabber blue Stang.

Also... any idea what a shop would charge to pull the engine on a new car, replace pistons and rods and plant a Whipple on top?

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
I honestly believe the higher good on the GT's were to accommodate any EU Pedestrian Crash Standards. Once Ford got the 350 to pass, they lowered the hood how they originally wanted.
The EU cars have a different hood and no hood vents, The US hoods would not have passed EU regs, that is why all the hoods now have been lowered, and the vents are more flat.

:cheers:

Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Little background.

I bought a LX 5.0 in 1988. It became a really nice back half car with stretched wheel openings and huge slicks. It was done right, full Alston cage and chassis, glass hood and deck, lexan windows, etc... around 2400lbs.

Since it wasn't a daily driver anymore... I picked up an SVT Cobra in 93.

Then I went a couple decades raising kids and such things...

Back in the Ford camp, bought a used 2001 Focus for my daughter. It blew up at 90k miles because Ford produced an engine with a known flaw of dropping it's valve guides on top of a rapidly moving piston.

Helped a neighbor replace the intake manifold on his Crown Vic because Ford decided an all plastic intake manifold, coolant runners too... was a great idea.

On a business trip last week rented a new Focus 5 door. The drive is atrocious. The transmission is a dual clutch auto or something... but it feels like an 18 year old with his first stick shift.

But I'm leaning towards trying another Ford...

Has Ford got their "stuff" together?

The new platform the Camaro rides on is quite nice...

Welcome to the forums.

Yes, Ford has their stuff together and has been wining engine of the year awards and initial quality, etc.

A 2018 Mustang with MagneRide and I don't think you will have a complaint.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
The Focus has nothing to do with the Mustang. Maybe they share a Ford emblem. I'd get the 18 in a heartbeat. I have rented V6 and V8 2016 Camaros. The two worst cars I have driven in years. I would never own either one as they are terribly uncomfortable and impractical. Sure go fast, though.
Sponsored