So thinking of trading the Mustang....

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Heck I dont know if they even make them for it. I been to busy driven it to look up mods :) I do know they make a kick ass aftermarket exhaust for it that sounds great but no idea how much it costs just saw a video in passing. And with some basic mods they can get 500 + wheel horse power. but that is the extent of my research. I think for once ill just keep it as is for a bit and enjoy as intended before I start back up the mod wagon. besides its got a 1200 mile no rpms over 4500 break in period. so I got some time. cant even use launch control before then. but even staying under 4500 rpm I got the wheels t spin several times. its got a 3.7 (car and driver test) second 0-60 faster then the stangs. you can feel it for sure.
The BMWs I've had made a lot of power with pretty cheap mods. The only downside to those BMW turbo motors that I have experienced is they normally operate at much higher temperatures than most other brands, which means gaskets and seals dry out sooner. They also will require walnut blasting.

Make sure you follow the break-in procedure and do try to vary your rpms (below the 4500 limit). Don't leave it sitting to long when you start it up, about 20- 30 seconds only. Some BMW engines can develop oil consumption issues. It's a more common concern than with most American engines.

Does the Supra use the ZF 8 speed torque converter transmission? I think it will ultimately replace DCT transmissions, it's really good and zero issues.

coltgus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gus
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang Shadow Black
BMW M2 Competition lease. Car is around $60k with no options and none are needed. You can order one and the lease would be about $750 a month with $2,500 drive off.

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
If you don't have a problem getting off your wallet and then some go drive a M2 competition, they're really amazing cars.

No matter what you do to the mustang you'll never make it feel / have the balance of the M2.
I went from an M2 to the Mustang. Yes, the M2 is an amazing, fun car. Look at my handle, I bleed blue and white. But I enjoy the Mustang more. And both have been to the track. You could argue that the M2 is "faster" but I had more fun driving the Mustang.

And paid half as much.

I had a long hard day and dealer turned to dickheads when I went to get car.
Shocking. Dealer. Dicks. :facepalm:

The rear quarters on that car are just sexy with a capital S.

I hear ya but.... <long quite humorous rant edited out>
I'm reminded of a cartoon in the WSJ years ago.

There's these two angels, up in the clouds. One of them has a briefcase full of money. The other one says, "OK, you were able to take it with you. What are you going to do with it now?"

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
There's these two angels, up in the clouds. One of them has a briefcase full of money. The other one says, "OK, you were able to take it with you. What are you going to do with it now?"
It is funny I guess different ways of being brought up. I personally don't get the obsession with every dime and saving it for..... some future that is not promised. all while forgoing anything you really wanted during life because it cost to much. As long as you have a nest egg and savings why not enjoy? if you dont enjoy what you want to then what is the point of all this working and saving?

Example I have a aunt and uncle. live like they are in the 1920s wont spend a dime on anything cause they gotta save and blah blah blah... ok they are both 87 and have turned down offers of 2 million on their land because "they dont need the money" (he was a successful farmer and is loaded). I mean 87 how much longer you got to spend that money and enjoy it? what exactly are you saving it for at this point. IM telling you money has most people by the balls and they cant get past it. Not me Im gonna enjoy this ride and regret nothing.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
everything ive seen says 0-60 in 5 seconds. Wrong wheel drive. Looks ugly.

interior wasn't that bad though, and the gearbox felt pretty good, wasn't a fan of the rev hang in it.

its 37k for a reason.
I have always felt personally if I were to buy any 300+ hp it needs to at least be AWD or RWD. At least the Focus RS did retain AWD.

I remember the Lincoln MKZ 3.0T FWD version, they had to dumb it down from 400 to 350 to make it more manageable in FWD. But I felt that was unnecessary trim option, should have kept it AWD for all 3.0T

I know the Toyota Camry is a common car for some families, but a shame the TRD V6 version will not get the AWD option that they are offering now for the Camry, since it is off a RAV4 system and will only be for the 4 cylinder engine.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
That was a funny bit.

I imagine OP must also only travel in brand new planes, stay in brand new hotels etc :crazy:

Anyways, congrats on the Supra!!
Lol actually . I don't fly drivings to fun. And I prefer to camp when I travel.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I hear ya but, IM not like super rich but I dont have to eat ramen noodles either. However, I do think people are a bit to obsessed with money. What I mean is I have watched people all around me worry about it and scrimp and save for some future that never comes. Just to die never having enjoyed their money because they were always saving it.... for what? what are they saving it for? To die with a big bank account? A dollar only has value if spent. dont go broke and of course keep a nest egg but above and beyond that? Damn enjoy life people :)

As for new versus old. I have several reasons I will never consider a used performance car out side of money and cost and all that. One I enjoy waxing polishing and keeping my paint defect free. Its like my zen garden its my alone time. And a 2 year old plus performance car is gonna be rock damaged and scratched and swirl marked And that would drive me nuts. I dont smoke eat or drink in a car period. Not many others can say that most people will still drink at the least in a car. you dont know how the pervious owner treated the car. did they tinker or mod anything? how many times did they fart in that seat you are now sitting in? LOL It may have a warranty and like you people will say if anything breaks then just get it fixed.... man you got any idea what a hassle that is? dealers are crooks. take forever missed work... yada yada yada.. I rather just have something that isnt a crap shoot when i take it down the road. Money aside there is a gazzilion reasons not to buy a used car. But as far as the money again just live man just live.

fair warning the next part is my old man ramblings...

plus working in the medical field you got any idea how we as humans and our simple biological functions are disgusting? No matter how clean you are there is enough DNA for 1/4 of a human in that used car your buying LOL. Next time your at that light and you see that guy knuckle deep in his nose mining gold remember thats in that used car your buying. dead skin, body secretions, skin oils, every hand lotion, cream they used its all over everything in that used car no matter how clean you get it. flip on that AC in that used car and breath in deep the 2 years of dead skin for every other person who has been in that car.. mmmmm smells like money saved LOL.. and i can promise you 9 out of every 10 cars you could find semen in if you tested it LOL people do some freaky crap in their cars. and if you dont think freaky crap is common come give me a visit ill show you some xrays and ct images from my rad tech days. yeah that guy with the sweet potato up his back side sat in that used cars drivers seat to drive himself to the hospital... yeah Ill stick with new cars thanks.
My nephew told me stories when interning as an MD. Pretty gross.

Blufc3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Premium GT PP1, 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
First let me say I love the car. I am just one of those I like a different car every year or two. I want to try them all :) I have modded all I want on the Mustang and short of getting into now 8 to 10k in mods there isnt much else to do. My friend says get a super charger but I am hard pressed to put a , in total 9 plus K item with labor and tune, on a car that has a resale valve of 34k, thats almost a third the value of the whole car for one item and just ridiculous.

The issue im having is finding something in the same class and price that is equal to or better then the Mustang. I also have the issue of I will absolutely not buy a used performance car period. I have looked at the C8 but right now good luck. I have had 12 dealers tell me most likely wont see a new one not spoken for till about 2022. the waits are that long. Or all they have for sale are the 100k models with all the crap I dont want. Even then out the door with taxes and all 70k is about what a base will run ya and I cant justify that cost for a car.

Ive been to car lots all over the stae and looked at every brand and man cars have gotten expensive. its getting to where the "average" car is getting to 45 to 60 K. I have seen 100k plus cars all over like they are nothing. Its not that I cant afford them, its that its a car not a house and the prices are stupid.

But anyway not sure what IM looking for here maybe I hope people may spark and Idea I didn't think about. But it is looking like that the Mustang is really the best value for what you get and maybe I have just reached the top :) I guess its just my restlessness and always wanting something new.

I have even considered trading out of performance cars and going for something like the kia k5 gt line for a few years and then reentering a mustang with the s650 to "reappreciate" the performance of them.

I dont know , im indecisive lOL what yall think?
I have the same sickness, but I can’t come up with a car to replace mine that wouldn’t cost a lot more with all the features of my Mustang.
Having said that the new Nissan Z is intriguing.

Sponsored

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
It's your money. It's your phobias. Guess you don't eat at restaurants, take a crap on any toilet but your own or have a woman that silently farts in your car. We humans are quite robust and if we died from farts or sitting on someone elses 3 year old dried jizz stain, our population would be a hell of a lot smaller than it is. I'm driving a 2018 Roush RS2, bought it used and love the hell out of it every time I get in it and fire that baby up. But if I only bought new, I'd be in whatever 40K (not 60K a new RS2 costs) could buy me. New top o the line Honda Accord, or bad ass exclusive American Muscle that someone else farted in a year ago. Hmmm real tough call. As to taking it to the dealer, sorry but new one owner cars have problems too and you still have to go through that hassle. It is not exclusive to slightly used cars that have depreciated 30% due to farts. That said, enjoy your Supra. I looked at them, but they were too new to have used ones in my price range yet.
jesus man, my coworkers are looking at me strange now wondering why im laughing.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
And 8 months later....
LOL I know right. I got a notice some one replied to my post I was like hu??? Heck IM onto my second car and motorcycle since the Mustang LOL... and yes they are all new cause I dont like other people having farted in my seats.
242429969_576814583749703_8061435303075418340_n.jpg
248686383_597955621635599_1024211965128981648_n.jpg

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
How do you like the C8?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
LOL I know right. I got a notice some one replied to my post I was like hu??? Heck IM onto my second car and motorcycle since the Mustang LOL... and yes they are all new cause I dont like other people having farted in my seats.
242429969_576814583749703_8061435303075418340_n.jpg
248686383_597955621635599_1024211965128981648_n.jpg
Very, very nice @Briebee72. Have missed you on here. Get another Mustang and come back. :like:
Sponsored