OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
ahhh. a modern day Edgar Allan Poe. Im picking up what you're putting down.
LOL I wish I would have to greatly improve my typing skills first :). Humm I wonder if poe would drive a supra???
Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Ah you assume I don't have a garage cause I cant afford one?
Not exactly. It seemed unusual to be so "minimalist" as you say (and describing yourself as cheap) while choosing to deploy significant funds in rapidly depreciating new cars. Also, given that you mentioned doing mods yourself, I figured you'd want a garage. (Obviously, there are other benefits like protection from vandals.) This lead me to wonder whether frequently buying new cars would be less affordable if you weren't depriving yourself of garages and perhaps other amenities.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Not exactly. It seemed unusual to be so "minimalist" as you say (and describing yourself as cheap) while choosing to deploy significant funds in rapidly depreciating new cars. Also, given that you mentioned doing mods yourself, I figured you'd want a garage. (Obviously, there are other benefits like protection from vandals.) This lead me to wonder whether frequently buying new cars would be less affordable if you weren't depriving yourself of garages and perhaps other amenities.
Ah got ya, sorry for misunderstanding. yeah we al have things we cant explain. i guess i should sya cheap except for nice cars? but even then i have a limit :) and i do enjoy mods but most mods on new cars dont require a garage to be done. I have done them all in a gravel drive way. My I dont have a garage thing several posts back was in response to restoring an older car. That would require a garage and that I cant do or have any interest in. yeah i just dont need a garage in short LOL

and when i describe myself as cheap I dont mean penny picher I mean i just don't buy things i dont need or that I view in my personal opinion as not worth it say like a 1400 iPhone compared to a 40 dollar android that does the same exact thing. my only vice is nice cars impractical fast nice cars. and i want to experience as many as i can hence why I trade a lot.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
That thread was a sh*ts and giggles covo starter/devils advocate thread in an off topic forum. I did how ever start that thread with "none of this applies to me as I am student debt free" but most people skipped that part or didn't read it. The other 4000k post in there was me just playing antagonist in the debate as I clarified several times I think before you joined it :)

Except the my daughter is in the air force part thats true and she does well.

Disclaimer: my alter ego starts off topic threads LOL I like a good lively debate they dont typically represent my real feelings on things.
you are right, a lot of people did miss the initial start of the thread. lol

LOL I wish I would have to greatly improve my typing skills first :). Humm I wonder if poe would drive a supra???
I do believe he would.

probably a black one named "Raven"
or a little deeper in..

yellow: lady rowena
red: red death or Prospero

that's all ive got right now

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Heck, the current Premium Supra GSR with a few options is $56K, so compared to the BMW, the latter apparently has a better interior (improved materials, switchgear), it's a convertible which is usually an increased cost (~$5K in a mustang GT Premium), a few unique to BMW options. I guess you could get the base model GSR, that's around $50K, then it's notably less a GT vs. the M40i.

When I read some comparisons, a few reviewers said they could definitely "feel" the extra cost in the BMW - and when the Supra was first released it was like 335HP vs. 382 for the BMW, but the Supra was dynoing more or less the same as the BMW, then the 2021 models upped the rated HP to the same 382 (some folks think they just admitted to the actual output vs. any real changes ...)

Plus, the reality of the situation, is BMW pulls a bit more of a premium (even if it's not really justified), I mean, it's possible the service experience might be better, BMW is dealing with 3-series as their entry level, up to $135K M8s, so maybe you get more ass kissing :D

I know when we had our X5 4.4i, the dealer we used at the time wasn't like some kind of magical experience, I got more love from the Chevy dealer when I had my Z06 :D
FWIW, Car and Driver tested the 2020 and the 2021 Supra 3.0. The '20 went 12.3 @ 113 mph and the '21 went 12.1 @ 117 mph. That extra 4 mph trap speed makes me think it really does make 30-40 more hp than the '20. C&D also indicated the handling was much improved in the '21 version as well.

I'm in the camp that I'd prefer the Supra over the Z4. I can't get into the styling, esp. the front end, of the Z4.

Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Ah got ya, sorry for misunderstanding. yeah we al have things we cant explain. i guess i should sya cheap except for nice cars? but even then i have a limit :) and i do enjoy mods but most mods on new cars dont require a garage to be done. I have done them all in a gravel drive way. My I dont have a garage thing several posts back was in response to restoring an older car. That would require a garage and that I cant do or have any interest in. yeah i just dont need a garage in short LOL

and when i describe myself as cheap I dont mean penny picher I mean i just don't buy things i dont need or that I view in my personal opinion as not worth it say like a 1400 iPhone compared to a 40 dollar android that does the same exact thing. my only vice is nice cars impractical fast nice cars. and i want to experience as many as i can hence why I trade a lot.
And I didn't realize you really. don't. want. a. garage. :) Cheap except for nice cars doesn't sound so bad, either.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10

Frugal is probably a better term. Usually "cheap", at least to me, is associated with people that buy the lowest price anything, even if it doesn't make sense. One example - "cheap" single ply Scott's toilet paper: You have to use 4x as much of that stuff compared to Charmin. Just buy Charmin because the Scott's probably actually isn't 4x less expensive than the Charmin on a per count basis.

And about the garage - I LOVE having a big garage (nearly 1,000 sq ft). Yes, it stores a lot of my kids' stuff (bikes, skateboards, scooters, etc.) and things that don't get used very often (e.g. camping supplies), but it also keeps my vehicles out of the elements - which is good for when you get in them during the hot or very cold days, and helps them last longer. My garage could be better organized, but I do have at least one completely empty corner in the garage. My house is also a little bigger than we need as a family (~3,000 sq ft), but I can easily afford the mortgage, so I wouldn't want to downsize. I'm not a minimalist by any means, but I can honestly say we have a number of empty drawers in the house.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
And I didn't realize you really. don't. want. a. garage. :) Cheap except for nice cars doesn't sound so bad, either.
yeah, its fine, lots of info gets lost in these convos :) its all in how recover from the miscommunications LOL

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
One example - "cheap" single ply Scott's toilet paper
I can understand anything on this planet, I might argue it but i get it but... if you use scotts toilet paper or even worse prefer scotts toilet paper I just dont think we could ever be friends LOL

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
So back on topic, my local Toyota has 3 supras in right now. Going tomorrow to test fit one . ill get in and rub everything with a mask on of course and after liberal hand sanitizer ;). They wont let ya drive one :( damn it.

Sponsored

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
The only negative thing I have to say about the Supra is just the price honestly. I can't justify the prices I am seeing for it. They are killer cars with mods though for sure, but so is every turbo car lol.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
The only negative thing I have to say about the Supra is just the price honestly. I can't justify the prices I am seeing for it. They are killer cars with mods though for sure, but so is every turbo car lol.
Yeah I hear ya. its a tad pricy but they have zero percent financing . why pay cash when you can borrow someone else money for free? and 90 day deferred payments. PLus it wont drop that much in the 2 years or less Ill have it so divide what I will pay over 24 month and couldn't lease anything cheaper :)

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
Not a bad deal for sure. I'd buy one if they were around high 30s new. That price range would have quite a bit more people interested in the car personally.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Not a bad deal for sure. I'd buy one if they were around high 30s new. That price range would have quite a bit more people interested in the car personally.
yeah but its the way of the world now. I mean a civic type r is now 46k. a 46k civic... ehhhh
Sponsored