So thinking of trading the Mustang....

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Well, to start, one is a coupe without a sunroof and buffeting so bad you can't keep the windows down above 25MPH, and the other is a Convertible.... lol

The cars are amazingly different in tune, feel, handling and ride. If Toyota had not used the BMW cabin layout, you would not know they were on the same chassis without an inspection.

I came from 20 years in an M3, and though I was not interested in the Vert, I drove several as I was strongly considering a Supra. Z4 and Supra were priced pretty close if I remember.
The problem with both the Supra and Z4 is that they are not very practical for a daily. They dont have rear seats unlike the Mustang in case of an emergency you can always bring 2 passenger also you car store things in the back seats and trunk. The Supra's trunk was an insult of space. I'm still young so I dont baby the cars, I want to drive it as much as I can so there's no need to have a 2nd car. I think that with the M340i I will be much happier than with a Supra as before once one of my options.
Sponsored

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
BMW's are great cars if you have a good warranty.............
I ran my buddies 15 M4 DCT with Dinan piggyback and exhaust from a roll multiple times in my 14 GT A6 with cobra jet induction (factory headers offroad x) bolt on car. My car ran 7 12.1’s @ 116 on factory 245 nero’s. We where door to door from 50-125 mph with me pulling half a car around 90 mph. He was SOOO pissed....

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
I felt the same as OP I liked my stang and owned many of them but was never attached to it so sold it recently and bought a 2020 Subaru STI. I just wanted something completely different and 4 doors. I will always love mustangs regardless what I drive. Besides I still got my Harley when I want to piss off the neighbors.

Farkel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Premium PP1, 2012 Jeep JK, 2022 Harley 48
feb_islandoflostsouls.jpg

ARE WE NOT MEN?

I don't get why this thread is getting so many responses. It's like some kind of alternate reality. I think most of us have Mustangs because we 'get it'. If someone wants to get rid of his because he buys cars on a whim and doesn't really give a rat's ass about them, always thinking about what to get next, wish him well and say goodbye. Who cares?

Sponsored

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
I just enjoy F’n with mo-rons....

Please Mr. internet tell me what I should do, be, buy, watch etc. etc.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
I ran my buddies 15 M4 DCT with Dinan piggyback and exhaust from a roll multiple times in my 14 GT A6 with cobra jet induction (factory headers offroad x) bolt on car. My car ran 7 12.1’s @ 116 on factory 245 nero’s. We where door to door from 50-125 mph with me pulling half a car around 90 mph. He was SOOO pissed....
The new B58 engine with just a tube, down and charge pipe can push about 450hp 500tq

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
The problem with both the Supra and Z4 is that they are not very practical for a daily. They dont have rear seats unlike the Mustang in case of an emergency you can always bring 2 passenger also you car store things in the back seats and trunk. The Supra's trunk was an insult of space. I'm still young so I dont baby the cars, I want to drive it as much as I can so there's no need to have a 2nd car. I think that with the M340i I will be much happier than with a Supra as before once one of my options.
Those are all reasons I wanted a Coupe with a real trunk and kept my M3 so long. The Supra was an amazing drive, but spoiled with a disappointing gauge cluster and options, the terrible (IMO) dash and cabin layout, and an inability to roll down your windows at any speed above 25.

The Mustang was a pleasant surprise, and the Bullitt is packaged to check every block. Very impressed with the car. I also strongly considered the M4 and M2, but the entry price and long term cost of ownership made the Wallet Busters less appealing. I tend to keep cars 15-20 years, and am WAAAAY over the new car every 2 year phase. It was fun for a while, but got tired of flushing my $$ down the toilet. I really didn't think I could replace my M3 with a car I liked more and didn't have to sell my soul or body to buy. ;-)

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019

ARE WE NOT MEN?

I don't get why this thread is getting so many responses. It's like some kind of alternate reality. I think most of us have Mustangs because we 'get it'. If someone wants to get rid of his because he buys cars on a whim and doesn't really give a rat's ass about them, always thinking about what to get next, wish him well and say goodbye. Who cares?
Because it just a conversation is all, No different then a bunch of friends sitting around talking cars and different cars they would or wouldn't get. Would you prefer the 4000th conversation about tires, oil, gas, warranties and exhausts? sometimes people engage in a conversation because its different and not the same old same old crap thats been beaten to death 4000 times.

What I don't get is why out of all the people enjoying the conversation and being part of it there are two of you that seem to think being jerks and insulting to everyone is the way to go? If you don't like the conversation then don't be part of it simple really.

If you don't like my topics then don't click my threads.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Heck, the current Premium Supra GSR with a few options is $56K, so compared to the BMW, the latter apparently has a better interior (improved materials, switchgear), it's a convertible which is usually an increased cost (~$5K in a mustang GT Premium), a few unique to BMW options. I guess you could get the base model GSR, that's around $50K, then it's notably less a GT vs. the M40i.

When I read some comparisons, a few reviewers said they could definitely "feel" the extra cost in the BMW - and when the Supra was first released it was like 335HP vs. 382 for the BMW, but the Supra was dynoing more or less the same as the BMW, then the 2021 models upped the rated HP to the same 382 (some folks think they just admitted to the actual output vs. any real changes ...)

Plus, the reality of the situation, is BMW pulls a bit more of a premium (even if it's not really justified), I mean, it's possible the service experience might be better, BMW is dealing with 3-series as their entry level, up to $135K M8s, so maybe you get more ass kissing :D

I know when we had our X5 4.4i, the dealer we used at the time wasn't like some kind of magical experience, I got more love from the Chevy dealer when I had my Z06 :D
Interesting. Ive only driven the supra, but every review ive seen said they drive pretty much the same. The interior of them were different and maybe the bmw interior nicer, but that again is preference.

Im not sure i fully buy the bmw resaling better than the supra...but maybe. This supra hasnt been out long enough to see how much it will depreciate in a few years, but i cant see it being astoundingly more depreciation than the bmw.

The service..maybe. my local bmw dealers are trash. Both the service and the sales. Some of the sales people should honestly be fired theyve had so many complaints. The closest one ive heard is even decent is a couple of hours away. So i cant comment on that. The local toyota dealer though, i know the people that own it and 2 others nearby and the whole dealership is pretty great. Guess it depends on the area.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Well, to start, one is a coupe without a sunroof and buffeting so bad you can't keep the windows down above 25MPH, and the other is a Convertible.... lol

The cars are amazingly different in tune, feel, handling and ride. If Toyota had not used the BMW cabin layout, you would not know they were on the same chassis without an inspection.

I came from 20 years in an M3, and though I was not interested in the Vert, I drove several as I was strongly considering a Supra. Z4 and Supra were priced pretty close if I remember.
Agreed on the coupe vs convert. Part. I did mention the convert as being one thing people may or may not prefer.

Ive only driven the supra. Not a new z4, only a 2004 so i cant comment on the ride, but every review ive seen says they drive remarkably the same. But i cant really speak one way or another on that

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt

ARE WE NOT MEN?

Not everyone is as dedicated to every car they buy as another. He cares enough about the mustang to join the forum and start topics just to talk to other owners, thats more than at least some mustang owners. At least he isnt making videos of blowing up his car, right?

I would hope as a community we would be cool enough to not tear into someone for threads like these. Dont like it, dont comment. Simple enough. I guess there are always a few though..

Reactions: S7N

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Interesting. Ive only driven the supra, but every review ive seen said they drive pretty much the same. The interior of them were different and maybe the bmw interior nicer, but that again is preference.

Im not sure i fully buy the bmw resaling better than the supra...but maybe. This supra hasnt been out long enough to see how much it will depreciate in a few years, but i cant see it being astoundingly more depreciation than the bmw.

The service..maybe. my local bmw dealers are trash. Both the service and the sales. Some of the sales people should honestly be fired theyve had so many complaints. The closest one ive heard is even decent is a couple of hours away. So i cant comment on that. The local toyota dealer though, i know the people that own it and 2 others nearby and the whole dealership is pretty great. Guess it depends on the area.
I haven't had a chance to drive a Supra Mk V yet, at first I didn't like it, I owned a really done up Mk IV, and it seemed like it wasn't a great followup, then the performance numbers starting coming out, dynos showing more power than spec'ed, started seeing them with aftermarket wheels, wings, started digging on it - I mean, it kept an I6, that makes it a Supra (even if it's built by BMW :D)

The BMW dealer where we got our Z3, 325Ci, and X4.4i wasn't much to write home about, they've since moved into much bigger, nicer facilities. To date, the best service experience I've ever had was when I owned my Lexus.

Not everyone is as dedicated to every car they buy as another. He cares enough about the mustang to join the forum and start topics just to talk to other owners, thats more than at least some mustang owners. At least he isnt making videos of blowing up his car, right?

I would hope as a community we would be cool enough to not tear into someone for threads like these. Dont like it, dont comment. Simple enough. I guess there are always a few though..

FFS, right? It's a forum, it's for shooting the shit, taking a break from whatever you're dealing with, talking about cars, maybe finding out something you didn't know, getting some real world feedback on parts, events, buying, tuning.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I haven't had a chance to drive a Supra Mk V yet, at first I didn't like it, I owned a really done up Mk IV, and it seemed like it wasn't a great followup, then the performance numbers starting coming out, dynos showing more power than spec'ed, started seeing them with aftermarket wheels, wings, started digging on it - I mean, it kept an I6, that makes it a Supra (even if it's built by BMW :D)

The BMW dealer where we got our Z3, 325Ci, and X4.4i wasn't much to write home about, they've since moved into much bigger, nicer facilities. To date, the best service experience I've ever had was when I owned my Lexus.

FFS, right? It's a forum, it's for shooting the shit, taking a break from whatever you're dealing with, talking about cars, maybe finding out something you didn't know, getting some real world feedback on parts, events, buying, tuning.
Ive considered the supra a lot honestly. But im happy with what ive got for the time being.

Right? Some people seem to be just ready to jump on others any chance they get. Others genuinely seem nice and are cool people and are helpful. Its a forum, its not that serious. Lol
Sponsored