Sponsored

So thinking of trading the Mustang....

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
First let me say I love the car. I am just one of those I like a different car every year or two. I want to try them all :) I have modded all I want on the Mustang and short of getting into now 8 to 10k in mods there isnt much else to do. My friend says get a super charger but I am hard pressed to put a , in total 9 plus K item with labor and tune, on a car that has a resale valve of 34k, thats almost a third the value of the whole car for one item and just ridiculous.

The issue im having is finding something in the same class and price that is equal to or better then the Mustang. I also have the issue of I will absolutely not buy a used performance car period. I have looked at the C8 but right now good luck. I have had 12 dealers tell me most likely wont see a new one not spoken for till about 2022. the waits are that long. Or all they have for sale are the 100k models with all the crap I dont want. Even then out the door with taxes and all 70k is about what a base will run ya and I cant justify that cost for a car.

Ive been to car lots all over the stae and looked at every brand and man cars have gotten expensive. its getting to where the "average" car is getting to 45 to 60 K. I have seen 100k plus cars all over like they are nothing. Its not that I cant afford them, its that its a car not a house and the prices are stupid.

But anyway not sure what IM looking for here maybe I hope people may spark and Idea I didn't think about. But it is looking like that the Mustang is really the best value for what you get and maybe I have just reached the top :) I guess its just my restlessness and always wanting something new.

I have even considered trading out of performance cars and going for something like the kia k5 gt line for a few years and then reentering a mustang with the s650 to "reappreciate" the performance of them.

I dont know , im indecisive lOL what yall think?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
No matter what you get, you'll eventually be back to feeling the way you do now. So if you can afford to keep changing cars every couple years, have at it, but there's a reason you have a Mustang - it's because there aren't many options out there that are a better choice in a performance car at this price. I end up feeling this way a lot and now on my 4th Mustang know the key is to keep coming up with new projects to work on, even if it's building shelves in the basement or something, if there's nothing left you want to do on the car.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I would just be trading for the same car at twice the price. you sit in and look at a gt500 and my car and they are visually 90% identical. I can add about 15k to my car and blow a gt500 away for a fraction of the cost of a gt500. I already thought about all this. plus the cost of them is way to high for what you get. you can get a 2020gt pp1 slap a super charger on it and have basically the same car for way less money.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I usually get bored with cars after a couple of years but my 18’ is paid off and there isn’t much else I like. The few other vehicles I wouldn’t mind owning are just too expensive and aren’t that much better performance wise than my Mustang.

I’m enjoying having a paid off, fairly new car. Nothings sweeter than no payments. When the 6 month insurance bill arrives I pay it off all at once. The only cost I have is filling it with gas once every week or 2 weeks. Of course there’s the registration and taxes. I’ll keep this car a long time before I get rid of it.

I usually have car payments but my truck and Mustang are paid off. My Harley will be paid off this coming year and can’t wait.

Sponsored

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Being a two year car I would change up to a sport sedan. The only problem you are gonna have is modification fun. I use to change every two years when I could afford to. I would do a pickup then SUV, sports model.

I think a manual sedan with good weight to performance ratio would hold you over.

German Japanese Italian American.?..

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Being a two year car I would change up to a sport sedan. The only problem you are gonna have is modification fun. I use to change every two years when I could afford to. I would do a pickup then SUV, sports model.

I think a manual sedan with good weight to performance ratio would hold you over.

I went from truck plus Mustang (3 times) to an Audi S4. 18 months of my life I'll never get back. Didn't expect the feeling driving it of "this just isn't my personality." It was also a maintenance money pit, CPO without a dealership within 45 minute drive, in the shop every month for 2-3 days. Very happy to be back in a truck plus Mustang.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019

I have considered a BMW. But finding one I dont consider over priced and still fits into performance ... well LOL

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I went from truck plus Mustang (3 times) to an Audi S4. 18 months of my life I'll never get back. Didn't expect the feeling driving it of "this just isn't my personality." It was also a maintenance money pit, CPO without a dealership within 45 minute drive, in the shop every month for 2-3 days.
Sorry, :( but that is exactly why I never buy used cars period. every time i did in past it was always a problem. Like my looking at C8s I found lots of used. I mean a lot of used. people who bought them and resold them 1 month later with 3k on them. you know they dogged the crap out of them. I even saw a few with 40k plus miles already??? I mean how did they buy it and then live in it? drive back and forth to California to new York like 20 times in the few months they had it? yeah no used performance cars for me.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Anyone have a Cadillac c5? I was looing at the the v6 twin turbo one.... I mean car looks good.

Sponsored

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Kia Stinger is on my short list

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Rumor has it a new 'Cuda is coming out soon, too

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
If i were to go away from the mustang it would be for a camaro. 1 or 2ss with 1le package.

If considering 4 door a ctsv would be fun.

Supra or new 400z coming out could be fun as well.

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
I have done the similar mental masterbation. I got my 18 gt pp1 a10 back in 18 new for just under 35k. There is really nothing new below 50k that is even close imo from a value prop standpoint. I honestly would not even sell my stang for what I paid for it (2.5 years ago) because of it. I owned a c7 and this car for a while too.

Looked at used Hellcats, ZL1’s, S3’s, RS3’s, S4’s, AMG 65’s, E550 coupes, etc etc...
Sponsored