MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I had an S2000, fun but way underpowered. My wife has a Saturn Vue with the Honda V6, absolutely trouble-free and decent performance. So, lots of respect for Honda. If only the Type R were rear wheel drive and didn't look like a space ship.
I had one too, just a few tweaks and they [still] look pretty fantastic, a nearly timeless design - and what a great execution on the sort of "pure roadster" formula.

Same car*, but with the current 306HP Civic Type R engine? Take my money.

*OK, maybe just a few electronics updates.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, FL5 Civic Type R
I had an S2000, fun but way underpowered. My wife has a Saturn Vue with the Honda V6, absolutely trouble-free and decent performance. So, lots of respect for Honda. If only the Type R were rear wheel drive and didn't look like a space ship.
I've always been a fan of the old school NSX, such a sleek looking car and sounds pretty good. I'm way to tall for the S2000

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I also vote for a fucking ban on @Briebee72 if we don't get a bunch of pics ASAP. :D
I had a long hard day and dealer turned to dickheads when I went to get car. Long story. But here are a few from today. Tomorrow is picture day. I didn't get her till almost dark.

IMG_20201214_190018352.jpg

IMG_20201214_145122723_HDR.jpg

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I had a long hard day and dealer turned to dickheads when I went to get car. Long story. But here are a few from today. Tomorrow is picture day. I didn't get her till almost dark.

FFS, sorry your new car delivery was shitty. That first photo is really neat, with the low[er] light you can see how much pearl is in the paint, it has a cool iridescent glow.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I've always been a fan of the old school NSX, such a sleek looking car and sounds pretty good. I'm way to tall for the S2000
It's pretty cool, the first gen S2K (aka, AP1) was built at the Takanezawa factory, same place as the NSX - they sort of shared a lot of the same design philosophy.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
My opinion is get over "not buying a used performance car." Unless you are buying something rare, it's a depreciating asset. Cars lose sooo much value in the first couple years. You could really get something more special without paying 20-30K more for the benefit of buying it new. It's under warranty, so if something flips out, get it fixed, no different than it's new. Perfect situation for someone who wants to trade out vehicles every couple years because you'll always be under full bumper to bumper warranty. If you want to hang onto it longer, put a whopping 1,500 bucks into an extended warranty and keep rolling. It protects you from the big stuff going wrong.

2020 C8 under 80K. Who care who's butt was in it for 277 miles. Give it a wipe down and in a few days of driving it all that will matter is the 30K (or an entire new car) worth of cash in your bank account. Then when you flip it, you'll be on schedule, not losing two new cars worth of value so you can say you bought it new!

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/831607353/overview/

Or for that type of money....

https://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/listing/2020/ford/mustang--roush/2363501
I hear ya but, IM not like super rich but I dont have to eat ramen noodles either. However, I do think people are a bit to obsessed with money. What I mean is I have watched people all around me worry about it and scrimp and save for some future that never comes. Just to die never having enjoyed their money because they were always saving it.... for what? what are they saving it for? To die with a big bank account? A dollar only has value if spent. dont go broke and of course keep a nest egg but above and beyond that? Damn enjoy life people :)

As for new versus old. I have several reasons I will never consider a used performance car out side of money and cost and all that. One I enjoy waxing polishing and keeping my paint defect free. Its like my zen garden its my alone time. And a 2 year old plus performance car is gonna be rock damaged and scratched and swirl marked And that would drive me nuts. I dont smoke eat or drink in a car period. Not many others can say that most people will still drink at the least in a car. you dont know how the pervious owner treated the car. did they tinker or mod anything? how many times did they fart in that seat you are now sitting in? LOL It may have a warranty and like you people will say if anything breaks then just get it fixed.... man you got any idea what a hassle that is? dealers are crooks. take forever missed work... yada yada yada.. I rather just have something that isnt a crap shoot when i take it down the road. Money aside there is a gazzilion reasons not to buy a used car. But as far as the money again just live man just live.

fair warning the next part is my old man ramblings...

plus working in the medical field you got any idea how we as humans and our simple biological functions are disgusting? No matter how clean you are there is enough DNA for 1/4 of a human in that used car your buying LOL. Next time your at that light and you see that guy knuckle deep in his nose mining gold remember thats in that used car your buying. dead skin, body secretions, skin oils, every hand lotion, cream they used its all over everything in that used car no matter how clean you get it. flip on that AC in that used car and breath in deep the 2 years of dead skin for every other person who has been in that car.. mmmmm smells like money saved LOL.. and i can promise you 9 out of every 10 cars you could find semen in if you tested it LOL people do some freaky crap in their cars. and if you dont think freaky crap is common come give me a visit ill show you some xrays and ct images from my rad tech days. yeah that guy with the sweet potato up his back side sat in that used cars drivers seat to drive himself to the hospital... yeah Ill stick with new cars thanks.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I had one too, just a few tweaks and they [still] look pretty fantastic, a nearly timeless design - and what a great execution on the sort of "pure roadster" formula.

Same car*, but with the current 306HP Civic Type R engine? Take my money.

*OK, maybe just a few electronics updates.
Still waiting on that s3000 they were supposed to make

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
That one will get real expensive if you break anything not covered under warranty. Lol. Enjoy it until that “new” wears off. ;).

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
That one will get real expensive if you break anything not covered under warranty. Lol. Enjoy it until that “new” wears off. ;).
I trade out of cars before warrenties end so.... Not a concern.

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
Hell I love my threads derailed LOL derailed the thread is my middle name. Its all good.
Sorry, dude. No harm meant, I just like talking about cars :)

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible
plus working in the medical field you got any idea how we as humans and our simple biological functions are disgusting? No matter how clean you are there is enough DNA for 1/4 of a human in that used car your buying LOL......... freaky crap in their cars. and if you dont think freaky crap is common come give me a visit ill show you some xrays and ct images from my rad tech days. yeah that guy with the sweet potato up his back side sat in that used cars drivers seat to drive himself to the hospital... yeah Ill stick with new cars thanks.
A good friend used to tell me horror stories of when he served his internship at a major public hospital. He had a guy come in with a toy submarine up his butt. Ahh, the good times!

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
As for new versus old. I have several reasons I will never consider a used performance car out side of money and cost and all that.
One other issue with buying used is that any used car is going to be equipped the way somebody else liked. Whether that "somebody else" was a previous owner who had his car built to order or it was whoever was responsible for spec'ing out the cars that ended up in the showroom/on the lot doesn't much matter if they either didn't include what you want, or included things/packages you don't. How flexible are you really going to be here?

How many people here would pass on a car that was equipped (mechanically and feature-wise) close to the way they'd have built it, except the color just doesn't work for you?

Norm

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, FL5 Civic Type R
How tall are you? Im 6'4 and fit just fine. My 6'5 285lb dad fit...decent.
I about 6'2" and ~100lbs less than your dad. I look taller because Im lanky and my limbs are really long. I was uncomfortable when I got into my friends S2000. My back was on fire and it was really tight. I am proportionally weird so I do have issues fitting in things :)

15 - Steeda - 6