Sponsored

So sad we can't trust dealers with our cars, this happened to me..

MaverickSVT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Guys just a recommendation in case you have to take your car to the dealer, install a dash cam, not going to stop this from happening but you at least you will have evidence it did occur.

Went into my local ford dealer to fix the leaking oil pressure sensor, and they decided have some fun with my car, I'm super upset.. but at same time glad it didn't end worse..
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
More patience then me. But I also don't let tech's drive my car on the odd reason it needs to go to the dealership. Mine's been to dealer twice for A/C evap, and very specific instructions and mileage documentation not to drive. Of course for A/C work they haven't had a reason to test drive. Of course now with the blower anything else is on me to do myself anyway.

Micklimey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 J0017
First post for me! I’ve been waiting for three years now to buy a GT350. The time is getting very near. Let me tell you if caught someone doing what that tech did I’d be livid. Your way more calm than I would be. Funny thing is if the tech were to ask hey can you take me for a joyride I would. Just to do that on his own though is piss poor.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
FYI you can program a key that adds a speed limiter and forces drive mode to stick to normal which means no loud mode on the exhaust and full nanny's on. The only thing it doesn't protect from is free revving or pulling high rpm below 55 MPH.

I use this feature anytime I drop my car off somewhere.

Sponsored

buggy whip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford pinto, '16 GT350/OxFo/ Trac/Stripe delete
Did you show your video to the service manager / general manager & the owner of this dealership ?
I most certainly would have in a second. All three of them together in the office of the owner. I’m sure the look on their faces would have been priceless to capture on video! Mention to them, you’ll be posting the video on every social media on line.
You owe them that much, for the lack of respect their technicians showed you & your vehicle.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
That car didn't have to move one inch to see if the leak is fixed.
This...this...this! Great words @MaverickSVT and great philosophy. After calming down, and at the end of the day, he didn’t abuse the car and certainly drove it no harder than I do, thus no worry about damage. But like you said, I 100% agree it’s a respect thing. But like CB18 said, there was zero reason for a test drive. In hindsight, I’d leave specific instructions for no driving. If the tech needs to see something on the road, I’ll take him.

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
This...
Did you show your video to the service manager / general manager & the owner of this dealership ?
I most certainly would have in a second. All three of them together in the office of the owner. I’m sure the look on their faces would have been priceless to capture on video! Mention to them, you’ll be posting the video on every social media on line.
You owe them that much, for the lack of respect their technicians showed you & your vehicle.

Sponsored

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Guys just a recommendation in case you have to take your car to the dealer, install a dashcam, not going to stop this from happening but you at least will have evidence it did occur.

I went into my local ford dealer to fix the leaking oil pressure sensor, and they decided have some fun with my car, I'm super upset but at same time glad it didn't end worse..

Two things First, You make a good video and you present a valid argument. Second I would have gone back to the dealer and had the shop foreman , mechanic that worked on the car, and the dealership owner present to view the video. Then let's see what happens.

svt93style

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Slow
Hmm, me 10 years ago would have flipped shit, I mean I would have lost it.
Today, sigh...I'm torn here. I guess I just expect this kind of behavior to be honest.
It wasn't horrible, the 87 mph is bullshit but other than that I could live with it.
I wouldn't return and I would email the manager with the footage too.
I guess what I am saying is I'd just move on and wouldn't make a big deal about it, but
I surely would send the footage in. I'm old and my test has dropped!

On a side note, good video.

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
Guys just a recommendation in case you have to take your car to the dealer, install a dashcam, not going to stop this from happening but you at least will have evidence it did occur.

I went into my local ford dealer to fix the leaking oil pressure sensor, and they decided have some fun with my car, I'm super upset but at same time glad it didn't end worse..

You're a really good guy. Warms my heart to see there are still good people in the world.

Sagittaria

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
You're a really good guy. Warms my heart to see there are still good people in the world.
Agreed. Would be nice if everyone could be as levelheaded as you are.

My car has been to a dealer twice times.. and both times it's come back with substantial damage... despite precautions. Signs in the car.. long talks with techs. Doesn't matter. I've become disillusioned and I'm sure I come off as an ass just like everyone else nowadays to make sure stuff like this doesn't keep happening... which I would've done after your experience.. besides avoiding the dealer at all costs.

1. Car Purchase.. dealer magically hit something the morning I flew in and denied all knowledge of them being the cause. Wouldn't refund my deposit. Advertised with 30 miles but had 300. Flat out told by the dealer the owner takes it out to personal events. Splitter fell off on the way home. Tires were ruined as I'm sure they were driving it in the winter. Lost the second key. Rear bumper damage from a small collision. On and on it goes. Seriously thought about taking legal action at this point but decided to try and be understanding...
Bumper Front Damage.jpg

Bumper Front Damage After Purchase.jpg

2. Warranty work to replace the tires from the first dealer. This NEW dealer wrecked all 4 carbon fiber rims. It was a two month ordeal to get 3 wheels "fixed" and only 1 replacement. Sealed the deal on dealers for me this time around.
Wheel Gouge.jpg

Who knows what else went on while they had the car. Haven't been back to one since. Thinking back on it.. I was considering legal action both times which is pretty pathetic.

As much as your situation sucks it doesn't surprise me... dealers just don't care.

They get paid by time and volume to pass the bare minimum.
Sponsored