So my area of the state now has troopers in s550's

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
And while I thought i was in mexico, apparently i had crossed back into the states in a 55 mph zone, while doing 80. Ran by a trooper.. As it turns out he was a cool guy, and verbally corrected my error in judgement. Before he walked away from my window he said " btw I think mine might be quicker than yours, and smirked"

I dont know about that sir, but im willing to find a track

5 minutes later, we ended up at the same gas station and shot the shit asking about my car, and telling me about the new s550's in the fleet. He's a car guy, and said with the weight etc in the cruiser its quick as hell but a bit squishy and will get away from you in a hurry.

Anyway, first time being pulled over in 20 yrs and while I may have been a jackass it all worked out and the dude was cool
Sponsored

Last edited:

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Louisiana has a few. I saw a couple of them on I-10 near the Texas border. Glad your incident worked out.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Chargers are common around here, for state patrol and local sheriffs. I can't tell which engines they have. I have seen unmarked Camaros as well. There are a number of exotic cars being used on the state highways and freeways around here. These were vehicles confiscated in drug busts.

Gfswindle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10
In my area Huntsville has a 15-17GT donated by the local Ford Dealer with their name plastered all over it among the PD markings. We also have several unmarked plain f-150's, i've seen one with a camper shell and a few without, various colors no markings and standard issue state tags. Then once upon a time travelling down I-565 I drove beside a red C6 ZO6 with very faint gold Madison PD markings. Moral of the story is, when travelling through Madison county Alabama, among the dozens of interceptors there are just as many who can and will pull you over that you can never tell is a ticketing capable individual.

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Grabber Blue A10
Louisiana has a few. I saw a couple of them on I-10 near the Texas border. Glad your incident worked out.
There's some that are undercover in san antonio, no visible lights that they use for highway patrol.

Sponsored

OP
OP
PC_GUARD

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
There's some that are undercover in san antonio, no visible lights that they use for highway patrol.
Thats what this was, plain wrapper until he turned on the takedowns

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Grabber Blue A10
Thats what this was, plain wrapper until he turned on the takedowns
They always act like they have something extra under the hood when in reality its probably just a base model.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
That is all fine and good, till one officer uses an unmarked to egg on a race and then lights ya up.
More than a few officers got caught pulling that stunt in Fox body Cars.

OP
OP
PC_GUARD

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
That is all fine and good, till one officer uses an unmarked to egg on a race and then lights ya up.
Connecticut was famous for that back in that era

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
And while I thought i was in mexico, apparently i had crossed back into the states in a 55 mph zone, while doing 80. Ran by a trooper.. As it turns out he was a cool guy, and verbally corrected my error in judgement. Before he walked away from my window he said " btw I think mine might be quicker than yours, and smirked"

I dont know about that sir, but im willing to find a track

5 minutes later, we ended up at the same gas station and shot the shit asking about my car, and telling me about the new s550's in the fleet. He's a car guy, and said with the weight etc in the cruiser its quick as hell but a bit squishy and will get away from you in a hurry.

Anyway, first time being pulled over in 20 yrs and while I may have been a jackass it all worked out and the dude was cool
If you can get pics - post them up here:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/s550-police-interceptors-the-definitive-thread.156139/

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
There was a small town sheriff around here who was famous for doing that. He ran a highly modded black Buick. I heard that if he beat you, he let you go.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
That’s pretty cool.

Back in my hometown, I was having some tires mounted for my new edge GT and noticed a VERY dark tinted S550 GT in the parking lot with a few non-factory stealth antennas on it. Upon closer look, that tint was concealing a lot of blue lights! It was such a stealthy car, you’d never know until it was too late. Base GT with base wheels, no decorations, etc.

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
This would give our Mustang's a run for it's money LOL. I saw it a few years ago on a vacation in NY. I had to take a photo of it.

20171016_211510.jpg

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
Phoenix, AZ usually has those Tahoes.
Sponsored