Sponsored

so many used 2020 GT500's are for sale now...seems odd to me, 76 of them posted on Autotrader alone.

Jago768

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Heritage Shelby GT350, 2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak(on Res)
That's odd, the majority of individuals I know that had or drove both at a track favored the GT500. Interesting.
Ok.... let me start by saying... I dont beleive there is a road course in the world where the 350 would beat the 500. Never once did I say, or am I trying to say the 350 is the faster track car. The articles and videos I have consumed, seem to infer the 350 is the more composed and enjoyable track car. With all these videos I get the impression (as well as everyone in the comments) the reviews like the 500, but preferred the 350.

(GT3 Owner)
Sponsored

Jago768

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Heritage Shelby GT350, 2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak(on Res)
I think video number 2 can answer the question on why there are so many used GT500s. Again, I love the 500 and I believe it is the better street car (daily driver) faster road car, faster drag car, and stands out more (crazier look) to the average car person. That being said, I feel (as do the majority of enthusiasts) the GT350 is the more special car. The current 500 feels like the flavor of the month, and this explains their abnormal turn in rate (if their turn in rate is abnormal). Someone smarter and with more time would have to crunch the numbers. How many used 350s did members see the first year vs the 500s first year of production?

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
I think video number 2 can answer the question on why there are so many used GT500s. Again, I love the 500 and I believe it is the better street car (daily driver) faster road car, faster drag car, and stands out more (crazier look) to the average car person. That being said, I feel (as do the majority of enthusiasts) the GT350 is the more special car. The current 500 feels like the flavor of the month, and this explains their abnormal turn in rate (if their turn in rate is abnormal). Someone smarter and with more time would have to crunch the numbers. How many used 350s did members see the first year vs the 500s first year of production?
So not to go against the grain here but can someone start posting stats on this so called people abandoning their new GT500? And how many GT350's did they build first year out and I thought it was low numbers versus the 500 is 5000 units.

GMONSTAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
That's odd, the majority of individuals I know that had or drove both at a track favored the GT500. Interesting.
Quite possibly the most defensive GT500 owner ever. Should every post critiquing it in any way (perceived or otherwise) be prefaced by an apology?

Sponsored

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
Most will favor and choose what they have and what they know. It would be an interesting experiment to give some of the GT350 defenders here in this thread some seat time in a new GT500 and afterwards offer them a straight-up trade. I’m thinking there would be a few takers on the deal.

The 350 is a wonderful car. I’ve driven one. It reminded me of a much more refined experience to what I get driving my 2000 Cobra R, which I love dearly. The 500 is just on a whole ‘notha level and this is coming from a former diehard manual tranny only guy! My garage is full of manual Mustangs. If I had to chose one to spend a day in playing, it would be the one with the silly rotary dial!

Last edited:

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
No surprises here. Lighter cars do well on auto-x. And both cars have more power than they can use on an auto-x track.

That was a well done video. I'd like to find one like that on a road coarse.

I just found this one... the GT350 is not stock (tires, weight reduction, race prep) but it was faster on this track:

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
This is a really interesting thread and I am personally enjoying it and no hate here to the different views. I am a huge MOPAR guy and was never a Mustang Guy. But the newer Generation Mustangs definitely changed me and so many years ago I wanted a Cobra as well. But never went all out Ford until I purchased a Raptor and that changed me. Today I own many Ford brand products and think Ford overall has done a really nice job. The Dodge Demon always amazed me how the media gave this car so much hype it sold for crazy prices. Dodge promoted it as the fastest ever production Straight Line car. And damn the Muscle Car Community went nuts over it and had people paying insane prices. It was a 3300 unit run and done production and people lined up for miles to get one. I had opportunities to get one but passed since I just couldn’t get excited on the straIght line build. The tires were only for track use and you had to sign a waiver upon purchasing the car acknowledging all the flaws in so many words of a daily driver LOL. And yet here we sit discussing the baddest ass production TRACK car and make sure you read that TRACK car. Yes she was built to race around a race track and not just sit in your seat and drink your Starbucks Coffee latte. No the GT500 is the fastest ever track production car and she is close to straight line (yawn) car as well. Carroll Shelby won on tracks not straIght line racing which was his passion beyond passion and is now available at your local Ford Dealer. And now a select few Starbucks Coffee latte drinkers buy one and they mash the pedal and go super fast down their highway. And they say yeh ho hum......but ask any owner here who tracks the cars and they will tell you this car is insane in confidence and you will get out of your drivers suit and gear soaked in sweat from the exhilaration and physical shape you have to be in to drive these cars to their potential. Hell why would the Jelly Bean Starbucks Rich ass customer want this since all they want is the look at me and I am faster than you. Only to realize they are driving a Mustang that 90 percent of the average people have no clue what the hell it is....its a Mustang. But yet they can buy a BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Porsche, Maserati, Tesla....etc and say WOW look at ME ME ME ME ME ME. That’s the real answer to the Media Hype sucker who gets just that suckered into buying a race car Mustang that does not give them the feeling they are special which matters more than the car actually being special.

Last edited:

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
No surprises here. Lighter cars do well on auto-x. And both cars have more power than they can use on an auto-x track.

That was a well done video. I'd like to find one like that on a road coarse.

I just found this one... the GT350 is not stock (tires, weight reduction, race prep) but it was faster on this track:
Nice videos but just reinforces the GT350 has to be modified to be an equal to the GT500 but still not a GT500 which is why Ford built the New GT500. He does a nice job on how he loves the 350 but he modified it so can’t agree on him comparing the 2.

SPR1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt 2013 Mustang GT
Got a kick out of the comments in this thread.
I had a 2016 GT350 Tech Pack.
Was all excited about the GT500, but although my name was down on 'the list' at the dealer, it was taking so long....
Then, as comments, reviews and opinions rolled in and I actually saw one (did not drive), I decided to sell the GT350 and get a 2020 McLaren 720S.
Now there's a track car! Unbelievably fast.
But I honestly missed the GT350, so I picked up a silver 2020 GT350R two weeks ago in Dallas.
The two cars complement each other very well.
American muscle with standard transmission, beautiful exhaust noise and great handling.
British rocket ship with DCT and amazing handling.

I cancelled the GT500 for some reason....

FWIW,
Kirby
Awesome
Although I’m a hard core Shelby enthusiast Speed_Phenom has recently went all in with a McLaren 600. What a race car for sure! Check out his adventure driving it back to SOCAL. He still has his foundation of support for Mustangs but interesting how some of us are branching out a bit. As I’ve always said, cars are like utensils: you need different ones for different purposes.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Quite possibly the most defensive GT500 owner ever. Should every post critiquing it in any way (perceived or otherwise) be prefaced by an apology?
I'll address each statement separately so as not to further wad your panties.

I'm not possibly the most defensive GT500 owner, I AM THE MOST DEFENSIVE GT500 OWNER OF ALL TIME. Don't you ever forget it.

When speaking to the MOST DEFENSIVE GT500 OWNER OF ALL TIME you shall preface your commentary by referring to me as Lord Epiphany, upon which I shall decide if you are to proceed further, perceived or otherwise.

Carry on, peasants.

SPR1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt 2013 Mustang GT
This is a really interesting thread and I am personally enjoying it and no hate here to the different views. I am a huge MOPAR guy and was never a Mustang Guy. But the newer Generation Mustangs definitely changed me and so many years ago I wanted a Cobra as well. But never went all out Ford until I purchased a Raptor and that changed me. Today I own many Ford brand products and think Ford overall has done a really nice job. The Dodge Demon aways amazed me how the media gave this car so much hype it sold for crazy prices. Dodge promoted it as the fastest ever production Straight Line car. And damn the Muscle Car Community went nuts over it and had people paying insane prices. It was a 3300 unit run and done production and people lined up for miles to get one. I had opportunities to get one but passed since I just couldn’t get excited on the straIght line build. The tires were only for track use and you had to sign a waiver upon purchasing the car acknowledging all the flaws in so many words of a daily driver LOL. And yet here we sit discussing the baddest ass production TRACK car and make sure you read that TRACK car. Yes she was built to race around a race track and not just sit in your seat and drink your Starbucks Coffee latte. No the GT500 is the fastest ever track production car and she is close to straight line (yawn) car as well. Carroll Shelby won on tracks not straIght line racing which was his passion beyond passion and is now available at your local Ford Dealer. And now a select few Starbucks Coffee latte drinkers buy one and they mash the pedal and go super fast down their highway. And they say yeh ho hum......but ask any owner here who tracks the cars and they will tell you this car is insane in confidence and you will get out of your drivers suit and gear soaked in sweat from the exhilaration and physical shape you have to be in to drive these cars to their potential. Hell why would the Jelly Bean Starbucks Rich ass customer want this since all they want is the look at me and I am faster than you. Only to realize they are driving a Mustang that 90 percent of the average people have no clue what the hell it is....its a Mustang. But yet they can buy a BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Porsche, Maserati, Tesla....etc and say WOW look at ME ME ME ME ME ME. That’s the real answer to the Media Hype sucker who gets just that suckered into buying a race car Mustang that does not give them the feeling they are special which matters more than the car actually being special.
Solid commentary with an open perspective. I just like we all share a passion for cars and yes drive them!

GMONSTAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I'll address each statement separately so as not to further wad your panties.

I'm not possibly the most defensive GT500 owner, I AM THE MOST DEFENSIVE GT500 OWNER OF ALL TIME. Don't you ever forget it.

When speaking to the MOST DEFENSIVE GT500 OWNER OF ALL TIME you shall preface your commentary by referring to me as Lord Epiphany, upon which I shall decide if you are to proceed further, perceived or otherwise.

Carry on, peasants.
-insert knee slap and guffaw here-

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
tenor.gif

After much deliberation, I will allow it.

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Towards the end They compare the GT350 times to the GT500. Randy knows how to put that power down!

Sponsored