Sponsored

So many hood strut choices, which one is the best?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The prop rod is an insult to the Mustang buyer IMO. It's right up there with the single tone horn inflicted on buyers. Even the Premiums have single. Some of their crap doesn't make sense.
Well at least Ford fixed the horn issue in 2020. I had to buy my second one.
Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I understand why you want to do this. Certainly makes sense. But why would CPC wait five years to update their product. Makes no sense at all. I think they were feeding you line. I wonder why!!
I agree. I had the CPC on my '15 and was surprised to find they didn't have an 18+ option in 2020. If they still don't make an 18+ version it's doubtful they ever will.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I agree. I had the CPC on my '15 and was surprised to find they didn't have an 18+ option in 2020. If they still don't make an 18+ version it's doubtful they ever will.
I agree. If there was a demand for them it would have been done years ago. But with all better name choices out there (Redline, Steeda, Roush, & FP) they passed.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I went through a lot of crap to get hood struts to work on my Mach 1. The Ford ones are junk and rubbed on the hood on the passenger side since the bracket is too tall. I finally got the Redlines to work since they have a smaller bracket. I also used Redlines on my 2017 GT too when I had it. Needless to say, Redlines are what I think are the best out there. Steeda's offer is probably just as good too.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
I went through a lot of crap to get hood struts to work on my Mach 1. The Ford ones are junk and rubbed on the hood on the passenger side since the bracket is too tall. I finally got the Redlines to work since they have a smaller bracket. I also used Redlines on my 2017 GT too when I had it. Needless to say, Redlines are what I think are the best out there. Steeda's offer is probably just as good too.
I finally just got mine on a few weeks ago (steeda). Was extremely easy but was odd because there was something that wasn't quite right on the side with the washer hose so we just ignored it when they went on and have not had issues. It was the one extra clip or to move the clip for the hose to another spot on the strut mount. Just ran the hose the same direction and left the clip in its original place with no issues. Very minimal install time with no fitment issues. Highly recommend the steeda hood struts for the Mach 1 if anyone is questioning which to get as I was going to purchase roush but instead went with steeda.

Sponsored

swoop1156

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach HP, 22 Raptor 37PP, 22 Cayenne Turbo SE
Here I am reading all these pages again and still cannot decide between Redline (had them on a 2004 Mach 1) and Steeda (great reviews) and I am ordering the Steeda trunk struts, so may as well have a matched set, I guess.

Grabber Lime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edward
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10
Here I am reading all these pages again and still cannot decide between Redline (had them on a 2004 Mach 1) and Steeda (great reviews) and I am ordering the Steeda trunk struts, so may as well have a matched set, I guess.

I recently did Redline sorry i waited so long work awesome

No regrets
Sponsored