Sponsored

So just what is the hold up for the Mach 1 HP orders?

TrackMeisterWannabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w/HP
Various posts on this site seem to indicate that some regional sales reps and dealers are saying that removing the HP from orders for both Mach 1 and GT 500 orders will result in expedited build times. From what I can see the common threads are the Gurney Flap and the adjustable strut top mounts. Another non-HP related issue I have seen blamed for the delay are missing MagneRide chips. While I have yet to see if the flaps and mounts are available through normal parts channels I do wonder if one or both of those may be in short supply.

Thoughts Gentlemen?
Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Last year I ordered my HP car on 3/19/2021. After many delays I ordered the same build without HP in July, and figured whichever one came in first I’d take. The HP car arrived Oct 9, and the non-HP car I believe showed up end Dec. IMO the biggest delays are a combination of heated seats and HP. If you order an HP with Recaros you may have better luck.

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
I’ve bought all of the factory HP parts and converted mine, I can assure you there is no shortage of HP specific parts. Mine were readily available and none had recent production dates. As mentioned above 700A is probably more a delay factor.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
"Commodities shortage" is all we were told last year. I got canceled in October.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
It isn’t the HP cars. It is the specific combination ordered that caused most delays.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TrackMeisterWannabe

TrackMeisterWannabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w/HP
Yea, been a Ford guy since the old man was bringing home T-Bird convertibles in the early 60's. Now that I'm in my 7th decade I figured a fully decked out Mach 1 (less the red Brembos which I don't like paired with EG) would make a great cruiser for the wife and I to see more of this wonderful country. Still hoping to get my ride home before Cup2 limitations come into play. Just wishing I would hear something more concrete than dealer promises.

OP
OP
TrackMeisterWannabe

TrackMeisterWannabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w/HP
I’ve bought all of the factory HP parts and converted mine, I can assure you there is no shortage of HP specific parts. Mine were readily available and none had recent production dates. As mentioned above 700A is probably more a delay factor.
So you purchased the OEM Gurney Flap and strut mounts? How recently? I agree the cushy old man seats that fit my bony ass so well may be the culprit.

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
So you purchased the OEM Gurney Flap and strut mounts? How recently? I agree the cushy old man seats that fit my bony ass so well may be the culprit.
It was about 3 months ago or so, but to be clear the GT500 spoiler with gurney flap, adjustable strut mounts, handling package front springs, HP rear springs, HP rear sway bar, front fender lip moulding, and rear tire spats. A lot of the production dates were mid to late 2021. I ended up installing Steeda camber plates instead since the Ford plates/strut mounts don’t provide enough negative camber-I still have them new in box. With the Steeda plates and enlarged strut tower opening I have -3.0* camber with more adjustment to spare.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
It may be that Ford only wants a certain percentage to be HP cars as well. they may have decided they only want 1/3rd or 1/2 or something to be HP cars. just like they may've also said there is no limit to how many they'll make, but only 10% of mustangs will be machs or something similiar, just throwing out numbers.

GTP-J

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2017 -F150 EcoBoost 2022 Mach 1
This is just my speculation but I also think it is less about HP and more about 700A and/or other options. My order for 600A, HP, Recaros seemed to go through pretty smoothly- order confirmation 1/27 to delivery 5/17. I did get the wrong recaros- Leather rather than cloth, which I am still working on with the dealer and Ford.

Sponsored

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
No official restraints from Ford. Plenty of HP cars showing up at dealers inventory in June.

OP
OP
TrackMeisterWannabe

TrackMeisterWannabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w/HP
Plenty of HP cars showing up at dealers inventory in June.
I'm thinking that a lot of salespeople backed out of their orders for HP cars thereby putting cars on the lots for scheming dealers while our legitimate retail orders get pushed back. The crock of BS is overflowing.

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
I'm thinking that a lot of salespeople backed out of their orders for HP cars thereby putting cars on the lots for scheming dealers while our legitimate retail orders get pushed back. The crock of BS is overflowing.
I think some are fake orders and some are like me: I got tired of waiting and found a good deal on the lot. I feel sorry that my “cancelled” orders are ahead of others, but I saw orders placed 4 months after mine already delivered.

And then you have unscrupulous dealers that place a lot of fake orders and at least one prominent one that encourages each customer to place up to three orders with no money down, and zero obligation.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I think alot of people are forgetting how many times in the past twelve months the Flat Rock plant has been shut down. I am thinking Ford is going to catch up on Mustang production in the next couple of months. There appears to be hope for Mach 1 production.
Sponsored