Sponsored

So is this just my life now?

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
It happened every time I drove my Mustang when I had it. Civics, WRXs, Camaros, other Mustangs...it didn't matter what it was, they always thought I wanted to race. Now I have a car with 650 HP, and nobody even looks twice. Just the way I like it!
Sponsored

Deleted member 69033

The other day I had a dude in a new white Chevy four door tailgating me, then when it got to four lanes he came up next to me. It was an impala? Lumina? Whatever those are called now...

I did not race him. I looked over at him, and felt pity..... Lol.

I'm honestly not interested in racing anyone for the reasons already mentioned here, mostly I have no idea if the guy can drive or not and I don't want him hitting or wrecking me, hurting someone else, etc. Not worth it to me. I've got too much to lose.

Usually when someone is tailgating me really bad though, I'll give it a poke for a sec and let um know the only reason they're near my rear bumper, is I'm letting them be.

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
In my area, its the dodge dunces that want to race. Its always some scat snack or some other pos. I'll get the occasional s197 3v or gen 1 and i just roll my eyes.

I had some kid with a car load in a hyundai of some sort want to roll race me. His passenger yells over at a light "hey yo my boy wants to roll race you" I laughed and asked if he wanted to race for pinks "hell yeah man definitely" Nah I cant fit that pos in my trunk ill pass.. lol

Sponsored

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
Those cars had an immediacy and certain brutality about them that goes unmatched
This here^^

Family had lots of muscle cars in the past, even built a few.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I would agree with that assessment depending upon where you are geographically in the state...
Menomonee Falls. My wife and I went to dinner tonight, nothing fancy just Olive Garden. I checked the parking lot, there were no cars, 27 SUVs and 8 pickups. Incredible!

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I must be the outlier. No one ever wants to race, they just stare :)
Good to hear I'm not the only one in central AZ that doesn't get challenged.

GRStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition Max, 2021 Mustang GT500
Happens to me frequently. All the usual suspects named WRXs, Challengers/Chargers and Camaro’s. I’ll give them a throttle blip or something like that. A guy in a Camaro something asked me to go at a light. I asked if he was going to go and get a ZL1 first. My favorite summer story.

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
Some of those LS Impala’s were pretty stout.
Yea, my buddy has a Chevy SS, you know, the Holden. We constantly give each other crap. I call it a field car or an Impalabu. And he has several demeaning names for mine. But it has game. We intend to do some HPDE with them both this spring, call each other's cars nasty names and then share a whiskey and some laughs afterward. To hell with racing on the street. Got way to much to lose.

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
There are fifty-odd thousand registered users on these forums. I wonder if among them there may be one, just one, who will have the guts to come to this topic, raise his hand and say, "yes, I do engage in street racing when someone challenges me". Or even, God forbid, "yes, I do challenge others to race me when I have the chance". :giggle:
Come on, I dare you! We can't all be saints around here, can we? Who's gonna be the first to admit it? 😁

Last edited:

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
There are fifty-odd thousand registered users on these forums. I wonder if among them there may be one, just one, who will have the guts to come to this topic, raise his hand and say, "yes, I do engage in street racing when someone challenges me". Or even, God forbid, "yes, I do challenge others to race me when I have the chance". :giggle:
Come on, I dare you! We can't all be saints around here, can we? Who's gonna be the first to admit it? 😁
I been looking for someone to, a certain SS that has his eye on my car. But I would not engage in the street most trucks I mentioned try to get me to race them on. The day I do get the right car to challenge me I would just ask them to follow me to one of the new wide streets they just paved. But I just would not do it on a high traffic avenue like most locals due. I already got pulled over for doing so on Main Street a long time ago in my RSX type S. The one time I did have that camaro pull up to me I had to decline since I had just pulled out my car & have to drive around for :30 damn minutes for my trans to come up to temp, that part is so annoying.

mindo389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 50th AY Appearance Pkg.
Vehicle Showcase
It’s a common occurrence and when I initially got my car, I raced a couple of Chargers and Camaros. If nothing else, just to figure out what I have. But now, knowing what I have and it’s there when I need it, its satisfying enough.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I admit that I do hooligan shit when the moment calls for it, but I prefer to do it alone ;)

Deleted member 69033

Yea, my buddy has a Chevy SS, you know, the Holden. We constantly give each other crap. I call it a field car or an Impalabu. And he has several demeaning names for mine. But it has game. We intend to do some HPDE with them both this spring, call each other's cars nasty names and then share a whiskey and some laughs afterward. To hell with racing on the street. Got way to much to lose.
You had me at whiskey....
Sponsored