Sponsored

So is the Fighter Jet Gray color a love it or hate it kind of thing?

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I’m admittedly new to Mach 1 ownership and yes, mine is FJG. Seems like a lot of people like the color and think it’s iconic to the M1 while others think it’s trite and overused. I’ve come full circle on it; I liked it when I first bought it almost 3 weeks ago but now I have come to really love it.

So what’s the difference? I think it comes down to getting a really nice shine on the paint. I’ve been working on getting mine glossed up a little and it really makes the car pop. That’s a bit of a truism with any car but it seems extra important with this color and this car.

305CCC65-B558-47E2-B759-13E6859045D5.jpeg
15BEFDFF-FE58-479C-9771-F4A805F07D5B.jpeg
Sponsored

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
I like the color. I think Ford allowed too many of them to be made in FJG. I get one of two reactions for my EG. One people thinks it's fake or didn't know a Mach 1 came in other colors. (Obviously not mustang people) with what almost 50% built being in FJG the rarity and novelty of the color was lost.

Ctodd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
My thoughts are she is much better looking in person vs pics. I have Oxford and in pics you can only tell by the red stripe kit. In person, totally different.

Last edited:
OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I like the color. I think Ford allowed too many of them to be made in FJG. I get one of two reactions for my EG. One people thinks it's fake or didn't know a Mach 1 came in other colors. (Obviously not mustang people) with what almost 50% built being in FJG the rarity and novelty of the color was lost.
I’ve seen that ~50% figure as well but I have to wonder how “official” it actually is. Maybe you know for sure? It’s hard to imagine that many folks would pop $1200-$1250 for a light solid color. On the other hand if it is accurate then it’s possible it will eventually become the iconic M1 color that people expect, as you point out. That could be good for owners.

Sponsored

willymo72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Once I realized it was same as cactus grey, the appeal of FJG wore off to me. Also agree with others that Ford made too many in this color. It's the "launch" color for the M1 so it will always be special, but not for me. It does look good though esp with a nice shine to it.

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
I've never been a fan of gray cars in general ... to me it looks like shiny primer :). BUT the FJG Mustang is probably one of the best looking gray cars I have seen. I am bad with colors, but it seems like it has a hint of brown to it that moves it away from the silvery-grays that were popular in the 80s and 90s.

I am kind of liking the blue-gray color seen on some of the S650 pics, but it will need to be seen in person to see how much the blue comes out under natural light.

TNSilverfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Iconic Silver
It is a nice color. I ordered iconic silver and I don’t care much for silver cars but it is one of the classiest silvers I’ve ever seen. The contrast with the black and red is very nice.
8B0F3D4A-7C4B-4E8C-9929-8335E0DA6AC6.png

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I might be in the market for a used Mach 1 someday. FJG would not be my #1 choice but I do like it. Where I live I've seen more Mach 1s in black and white than anything else.

Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
It is a nice color. I ordered iconic silver and I don’t care much for silver cars but it is one of the classiest silvers I’ve ever seen. The contrast with the black and red is very nice.
8B0F3D4A-7C4B-4E8C-9929-8335E0DA6AC6.png
I used to have an Ingot Silver Mustang and I like Iconic Silver much better. I haven't seen any Mach 1s in Iconic Silver but the two GT500s I've seen in that color were gorgeous!

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 premium 6MT ER
I ordered a FJG then edited the order a few months later to EG. Why? Many minor reasons that eventually led to the decision:
  • Most cars in the US are white, grey or black. Boring.
  • FJG is a very elegant grey but every other manufacturer seems to be adding that tone to their catalog, esp for minivans. Sad.
  • I am starting to be weary of “milky” paint tones and how they will be regarded through the years. This is a forever car and I wanted the color to still make an impact in 25 years.
  • I have an old Kona blue. Dark in the shade and an eruption of blue sparkle in the sun. EG was made for me.
Tough choice any way. So I told my wife that if the EG get stolen or totaled, I’ll replace it with a second-hand FJG. So I am happy that 50% of the second-hand market will be FJG!

Last edited:

Mach U

Threads
Reaction score
Scottsdale, AZ - Winter / Carlsbad CA - Summer
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Genesis - 2021 Mach 1(HP)
Two thoughts….I too was worried my FJG would get lost in the thousands that ordered the same color. In the real world you rarely see a Mach 1 let alone FJG.
Secondly, the graphics get too little credit. I think they greatly compliment FJG. Very happy with my choice, and as a bonus the car always looks clean.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
Sponsored