Sponsored

So, I'm an idiot and crashed my '18 GT. Sell/Fix/jump out the window?

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Fatguy - are you aware of the repercussions for insurance fraud ? :facepalm:

I am and I don't.

But it goes on anyway. How many times do you speed? Ever cheat on your wife? Taxes? The restaurant that burns down in the middle of the night. Etc.

More to the point - have you ever seen insurance companies refuse to pay? Drag on and such while people suffer physical pain and disability? Sell the house? Destitution even though they did nothing wrong? Nobody is innocent. You are just a number and a price tag to them.
Sponsored

Digitalwiz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 2 / 2012 Audi R8
I have to agree with kwpony. Doing the right thing, making the ethical choice to be truthful, with regard to your insurance company, and everyone else is the best course of action.

Anyway, you are clearly owning it like a man. I applaud the way you are handling it.

Not that you need my 2 cents.

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
I am and I don't.

But it goes on anyway. How many times do you speed? Ever cheat on your wife? Taxes? The restaurant that burns down in the middle of the night. Etc.

More to the point - have you ever seen insurance companies refuse to pay? Drag on and such while people suffer physical pain and disability? Sell the house? Destitution even though they did nothing wrong? Nobody is innocent. You are just a number and a price tag to them.
none of us are saints. I think my point is look at the issues the OP is having or will have with repairing/ selling / or jumping out of the window. Insurance fraud will greatly add to his problems. Not to mention "karma".

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Lol thanks everyone. I insure about 25 vehicles. I'm not going to get caught in a lie. Especially one that gets you in front of a judge.

Good info again.

I'd gladly sell it for $16k without the rear suspension goodies (back to stock).

I'll post it up here in the for sale section and see what happens.

I hear you as in your a businessman and need insurance so best not to mess with that. I used to underwrite middle-aged business men for personal and business insurance. Health wise these guys were a mess but I’d take them to reinsurance and eventually get them covered. Big commissions but I was only there to help a family friend start a branch when I got out of university.

As for the fraud, I know guys who clearly saw fraud but turned the other way and signed off on things, they are still human beings after all and this type of thing hits young people hard. On the other hand some insurance companies were blatantly telling it’s agents not to sell to gays (back in the day) because of aids and all kinds of crap like that. It does change your opinion of insurance companies.

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, going to disagree with your title. You were at a track I presume with reference to the wall doing exactly what a track is for with relevant experience.

Crashing is sometimes just part of pushing our skills.

IMHO, you demonstrated the exact opposite of being an idiot. On the other hand insurance fraud? That would qualify.

Sponsored

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Sorry to hear this happened to your really nice car OP. It seems you are dealing with it pretty well so I tip my hat to you & wish you the best of possible outcomes :)

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Fatguy - are you aware of the repercussions for insurance fraud ? :facepalm:
Who is fatguy? He doesn't have a post in this thread.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1

Sponsored

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
As professional in the insurance industry and an auto damage adjuster, I assure you honesty is the best policy. If the adjuster suspects anything other than a legitimate story, they have a wealth of resources that can destroy all but the most complex lies. Not worth it.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
As professional in the insurance industry and an auto damage adjuster, I assure you honesty is the best policy. If the adjuster suspects anything other than a legitimate story, they have a wealth of resources that can destroy all but the most complex lies. Not worth it.

But how many get sent to court? Or just denied a claim?

As a former professional in the insurance industry I have seen clients commit suicide due to the antics of insurance companies. It cuts both ways, but joe average does not have the legal team to right his wrong. These insurance companies occupy the biggest buildings and raise the rates if the actuarial calculations are off instead of taking it on the chin.

So I might be biased...

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
But how many get sent to court? Or just denied a claim?

As a former professional in the insurance industry I have seen clients commit suicide due to the antics of insurance companies. It cuts both ways, but joe average does not have the legal team to right his wrong. These insurance companies occupy the biggest buildings and raise the rates if the actuarial calculations are off instead of taking it on the chin.

So I might be biased...
If deliberate fraud is discovered it is reported to the authorities. Whether it ends up in court or not depends on the state. Most are caught red handed, take a plea and end up getting fined and some kind of perole. If the fraud is on a grander scale it could lead to prison. Auto insurance doesn't have as much grey area to play in as health insurance. Bottom line is insurance has to be defined and specific because of how advanced fraud has gotten. So it may seem like your "sticking it to the man" when you are less than authentic with your insurance company but in reality your only raising the cost.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
If deliberate fraud is discovered it is reported to the authorities. Whether it ends up in court or not depends on the state. Most are caught red handed, take a plea and end up getting fined and some kind of perole. If the fraud is on a grander scale it could lead to prison. Auto insurance doesn't have as much grey area to play in as health insurance. Bottom line is insurance has to be defined and specific because of how advanced fraud has gotten. So it may seem like your "sticking it to the man" when you are less than authentic with your insurance company but in reality your only raising the cost.

I’m not going to argue any of this. To each their own. I’ve paid over 60,000 in payments and no claims in thirty years. So are a lot of others reading my post. If some kid smashes his car doing something stupid they can pay him with my premiums instead of looking for an excuse to get out of something.

“Act of God” - Translation: You were not responsible, but we still won’t pay anyway...

Goodnight...

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
Okay I've got a couple things to say. First of all I've literally had nightmares of wrecking my car at the track and being uninsured. It lingered with me and hit me deep in the gut. So op I feel for you so much.

To me that's a jump out the fucking window moment because a perfectly good car is just gone. You are handling it like a pro. I'd be a mess and angry...and a mess or probably more angry. I sincerely wish you all the best and hope you keep us updated. You say you insure 25 vehicles so I'm hoping that you make a decent living and this car didn't cost you your life savings as I've heard happening to others.

Lastly. Fatguy, you have a very successful thread where you've argued with back and forth with others for 200 pages. Please don't turn this into an argument thread. Thanks buddy.
Sponsored