RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
A bit of a bath, yes but just because of the reality of trading in a current MY car with only 900 miles. It’s only worth what it’s worth. It wasn‘t because of greed on the dealer’s part.

I actually wanted a halo Mustang before the DH is the only option.

*I think the S550 is prettier than the S650 but they’re similar enough that the S550 will still look current for the entire S650 run.
*No telling what the DH will cost or how much ADM it will carry.
*I‘m not totally wild about the DH name.
*I despise the thought of Auto Stop/Start.
*I don’t want to give the mother ship any more connected access to anything I own, especially a car.
*I could go on but you get the point.
All that matters is that you are happy.
Ya, I think the s650 interior is going to be a no go for me.
Ya can't take it with ya. so.
I just would hate to feel the burning from my wallet knowing what I just paid for a car and what , I'm being given a few months later.
But that has more to do with me being a cheap sob, than anything else.
Enjoy the new ride. Sadly they won't be making them like they used too. as the next ones will look like tesla wannabes once you sit in them.
Sponsored

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
lol, yeah I thought that too for about 3 weeks after I bought mine. Now I cannot get long tubes and whipple stage 2 off my mind.
I had my Whipple. & long tubes 5 months before mine arrived. Waiting for install. Apologies OP for mini hijack. Congrats on your ride, enjoy!

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
A bit of a bath, yes but just because of the reality of trading in a current MY car with only 900 miles. It’s only worth what it’s worth. It wasn‘t because of greed on the dealer’s part.

I actually wanted a halo Mustang before the DH is the only option.

*I think the S550 is prettier than the S650 but they’re similar enough that the S550 will still look current for the entire S650 run.
*No telling what the DH will cost or how much ADM it will carry.
*I‘m not totally wild about the DH name.
*I despise the thought of Auto Stop/Start.
*I don’t want to give the mother ship any more connected access to anything I own, especially a car.
*I could go on but you get the point.
Did the fact that the front of the DH looks like a raccoon and the back is smashed in have anything to do with it? Or was it the lovely oversized rear facia that sits up too high that did it?

Helsinki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Mach 1 - Grabber Blue Metallic
…and traded in my 4 month old, 900 mile 301a base GT coupe on a new ‘22 700a manual Mach 1. It will share the garage with my ’20 A10 GT convertible.

It isn’t that I didn’t like the new GT. I liked it a lot. But I spent a lot of tIme thinking about what all I wanted to do to it to make it perfect, when in fact the Mach 1 doesn’t need anything. Call it taking a bit of a bath for peace of mind; all I want to do with the M1 is drive it.

I put about 180 miles on it today, and have some real quick first impressions:

*It feels a lot faster and quicker than the GT, and the GT was already a strong runner. Maybe it’s a combination of the extra 20 HP, 3.73 gears vs 3.55s and different ratios in the Tremec.

*It‘s one really great handling car but somehow still manages a nice ride quality.

*Even though it’s nicely equipped they ordered it with the standard wheels. I’m starting to like them a lot. They seem somewhat old school to me.

*While you can tell they’re in the same family, the overall feel is completely different from the GT. Time will tell.

Here’s a couple pics:

6B814D13-FF3D-4691-A1DF-44820CF5FE39.jpeg
22EB1D74-65AE-4C50-A27B-5D876F99DB13.jpeg
25FA374D-8C48-4CD5-B456-DD17E5CFC048.jpeg
I'm on the same boat as you. The things I want to do to my car (and I'll eventually will, but not for the time being) is very minimal—basically wider rims and tires, lower the car, and put the GT350 spoiler. Other than that, for me, the Mach 1 is perfect. Peak Mustang.

Some time ago I sold my 2019 GT Premium, and I don't know if it's just me, but even the interior quality feels (slightly) better than the Mustang I had.

Enjoy your car man, it's beautiful—great decision.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
…and traded in my 4 month old, 900 mile 301a base GT coupe on a new ‘22 700a manual Mach 1. It will share the garage with my ’20 A10 GT convertible.

It isn’t that I didn’t like the new GT. I liked it a lot. But I spent a lot of tIme thinking about what all I wanted to do to it to make it perfect, when in fact the Mach 1 doesn’t need anything. Call it taking a bit of a bath for peace of mind; all I want to do with the M1 is drive it.

I put about 180 miles on it today, and have some real quick first impressions:

*It feels a lot faster and quicker than the GT, and the GT was already a strong runner. Maybe it’s a combination of the extra 20 HP, 3.73 gears vs 3.55s and different ratios in the Tremec.

*It‘s one really great handling car but somehow still manages a nice ride quality.

*Even though it’s nicely equipped they ordered it with the standard wheels. I’m starting to like them a lot. They seem somewhat old school to me.

*While you can tell they’re in the same family, the overall feel is completely different from the GT. Time will tell.

Here’s a couple pics:

6B814D13-FF3D-4691-A1DF-44820CF5FE39.jpeg
22EB1D74-65AE-4C50-A27B-5D876F99DB13.jpeg
25FA374D-8C48-4CD5-B456-DD17E5CFC048.jpeg
Congrats on the “trade” and you ended up with a very nice FJG M1! Enjoy it and your reasons for trading from a new GT to a new M1 are totally understandable and justifiable. I’m with you as far as the upcoming S650 goes…. It’s becoming too moderated, locked down, and “controlled” by “big brother”, let alone the S650 interior is just hideous…. You made the better choice.

KrucaBomba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krzysiek
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
Even though it’s nicely equipped they ordered it with the standard wheels. I’m starting to like them a lot. They seem somewhat old school to me.
I think that standard wheels looks good on this car - they go very well especially with FJG.

And I must say: I love the surroundings of your house!

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Congrats.

There is NOTHING I feel I need or want to change on this car.
^ This, +1. A great, all-around performer.

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
lol, yeah I thought that too for about 3 weeks after I bought mine. Now I cannot get long tubes and whipple stage 2 off my mind.
I'm going long tubes soon too

Sponsored
OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Congratulations been having mine for about 2 months now! Handling & Elite package, Cyber Orange, rear seat delete & TREMEC of course!
FA59D65B-D4DB-4ED4-812D-880273644F1F.jpeg
715A9CB9-1C45-4CD9-A30A-E66AC949845A.jpeg
ED73816D-3FC1-40AC-8774-B635C9F7203D.jpeg
I gotta say I really like the CO on your car. It looks great!

swoop1156

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach HP, 22 Raptor 37PP, 22 Cayenne Turbo SE
Like everyone, I agree. I waited till the reveal of the 650, and then the next day submitted my order for a '23. Unfortunately, the dealer stated that there was a commodity hold on the Handling Package, and that it wouldn't get built for a long time. Well I don't play those games (like I'm playing with my Raptor order - don't even get me started...).

So I began the hunt for the exact equipped car as my order, hoping and praying to find one. I found one in the NE region at +$10k ADM, and the dealership was shitty with me, stating, "Good luck, the only other twin to this one for sale is 900 miles away".

Well, that guy had no idea my Open-Source research gathering and Google-Foo skills! No kidding thanks to his quip, I found the other one 900 miles away as the crow flies. Called 'em up, they waived the +$2k ADM for me and it got shipped to me about a week later after some FedEx'ing some paperwork back and forth.

I feel extremely happy and confident that the DH isn't going to even make me think twice. Besides, with the Challenger no more, Camaro going away again in 2025, everyone is gonna want a new s650 - while we will have instant classics and rarities we desire.

Hell, I see more Raptors and 2-dr Broncos and GT500's than Mach's, and I'm perfect with that!

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang M1 HP
Congrats!

And agreed, the M1 feels nothing like a standard/PP GT (still awesome cars). It's a tuned Mustang, like a GT350/R and GT500, and worth every penny.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Nice car. Did you take a bath on the trade in.
Stay away from the dealership once the dark horse is on lots.. lol.
Good luck with it.
I've wondered what the s550 mach-1 would look like in the late 60's early 70's Gulfstream Aqua paint color.
Fixed.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
I have made this comment several times. Gulfstream Aqua would be beautiful on a Mach 1. My first car was a 68 that color.
Sponsored