Sponsored

So I think I will need to replace the motor | Currently at the Dealer

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Well, the fact they ditched the FPC and went to a CPC in the GT4 says a lot about the FPC's durability.
How so? The FPC motor was used to win the 2016 CTSC Championship, seemed to hold up just fine throughout the season....you can watch every race full broadcast on the IMSA Youtube channel.

Worth a watch if you haven't, at the very least just to hear that sweet engine sing.
Sponsored

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
OFF TOPIC - I actually spoke to Dean Martin and Jack Roush Jr. at COTA during the IMSA races about it. Their statement mostly concerned the GT350R-C headers (not oem I believe) shaking apart due to removing most of the damping items in order to save weight. They did not have anything negative to say about the FPC engine itself. I do realize that they weren't running the GT350R-C last year in the CTSCC, but I'm sure they were privy to information from Multimatic.

Their opinion was that the engine should be fine for track/street duty when not tinkered with (i.e., don't remove dampers/mass). I agree that there seem to be a large number of failures in non-abused GT350 engines, though I'm not sure how much is directly caused by the FPC architecture. Lots of other engines have had failures in the past - WRX (prior car) pistons, for example, have a high failure rate, but those appeared to be abused or modified.

Back to scheduled programming....

Good luck Paul!

That's exactly what I thought. I raced the living shit out of my GT350 19,987 of the hardest miles I have ever driven in my life. Both on and off the track. After the initial break in period was over my GT350 stayed at 5000-8,250rpm every single day for 2 straight years.

Having said that i'm very sorry to hear about some of the defected engines and hope they get solved quickly through warranty as they should. Wish you all good luck and hope a speedy resolution is had.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Update for you guys

My service advisor just called me is saying that ford looked at the images of my motor and are rejecting changing the motor !!!!!!

Reason right now: They think the car has a tune which is does not and because I have a UPR Oil Catchcan the motor is modified which would cause excessive oil to depart from the motor.

Im driving there right now to talk to them.
Jesus. Ive mentioned that people should remove their catch cans before taking their cars into service, as you dont want to give them ANY reason to deny warranty. Pretty sure every one thought I was just being an overly paranoid nut job.

OP
OP
Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
Jesus. Ive mentioned that people should remove their catch cans before taking their cars into service, as you dont want to give them ANY reason to deny warranty. Pretty sure every one thought I was just being an overly paranoid nut job.
Not even [MENTION=19414]Shift[/MENTION] the thing is why should I take a catchcan off when Ford recommends one for the motor get what i mean. They built this motor and it pushes vaporized oil out the passenger side like no ones biz, and this motor didnt come with one factory so Im doing what Ford did not do to prevent further issues to the motor. You would think they would be like alright ya its just a catchcan nothing more.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Not even [MENTION=19414]Shift[/MENTION] the thing is why should I take a catchcan off when Ford recommends one for the motor get what i mean. They built this motor and it pushes vaporized oil out the passenger side like no ones biz, and this motor didnt come with one factory so Im doing what Ford did not do to prevent further issues to the motor. You would think they would be like alright ya its just a catchcan nothing more.
Im with you on that, but logic doesnt always prevail like it should, so I just err on the side of caution.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
Im with you on that, but logic doesnt always prevail like it should, so I just err on the side of caution.
Common sense is dead :frusty:

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
I wouldn't put it past them to void a warranty for having an aftermarket coolant reservoir installed and you are coming in for a faulty thermostat.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
I've always had the FP catch cans on both of my cars and my dealer or Ford has never even mentioned them when I went in for service. It never even came up when I had the engine replaced on my 16.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I've always had the FP catch cans on both of my cars and my dealer or Ford has never even mentioned them when I went in for service. It never even came up when I had the engine replaced on my 16.
Just depends on the dealer. Seems to me theyve had it out for Paul since the very beginning.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Just depends on the dealer. Seems to me theyve had it out for Paul since the very beginning.
Possibly, but all that really matters here is what Ford says in the end.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
When I went to get the car the dealership was more then happy to help me out to get the car seeing the potential of saying they sold me the car so I wouldn't believe they would want to screw me after taking care of me.

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, LB / White OTT
So ford designs a motor that burns quarts every 1K miles but they want to blame a catch can that catches ounces?

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
I believe that it will get replaced but what we can learn is you should remove addons and keep proof of maintenance.

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
I believe that it will get replaced but what we can learn is you should remove addons and keep proof of maintenance.
i think for this reason the dealer will do all the oil changes on mine
Sponsored