OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Well then, you sir have a condition.......just so you know help is just a phone call away :cool:
Well If you got the number to the hot line that helps with my father in law dieing and there being no one else here to take care of my elderly mother in-law that cant move and we cant abandoned... and not so much an issue now but what I meant by something always happens. When I was pay check to paycheck like a lot of people its hard to move and when you would say up something always happened. car broke down heating and air went out. rent got raised.... something always took your money and trapped you here. But was not and still is not just me. When I was going through medical school lots of people moved here and I would hear how the heck do you leave this town. I was you don't it sucks you in and never lets you leave. I think this is why so many here are so unhappy cause they are trapped.... Its like a unsolved mystery and should be on tv like the Bermuda triangle . But instead of planes and boats it traps your soul.
Sponsored

peoples1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS
Well If you got the number to the hot line that helps with my father in law dieing and there being no one else here to take care of my elderly mother in-law that cant move and we cant abandoned... and not so much an issue now but what I meant by something always happens. When I was pay check to paycheck like a lot of people its hard to move and when you would say up something always happened. car broke down heating and air went out. rent got raised.... something always took your money and trapped you here. But was not and still is not just me. When I was going through medical school lots of people moved here and I would hear how the heck do you leave this town. I was you don't it sucks you in and never lets you leave. I think this is why so many here are so unhappy cause they are trapped.... Its like a unsolved mystery and should be on tv like the Bermuda triangle . But instead of planes and boats it traps your soul.
Probably to serious for the internet...

I love Asheville. I’d move there in a sec, but instead I’m trapped where I am now. I guess we’re all trapped to some degree, and the grass always seems greener somewhere else.

Fenrir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue
Veteran here. Have you ever tried to straight kick in a front door? Seriously tried it? So not that simple. Most of them try to use pry bars because it takes a lot less effort. Just a point of order I wanted to point out. :)

LOL yeah I dont lock my home doors either unless im out of town. Again if they are gonna break in.. takes a foot to the door and its open. Then you are replacing a door frame and door as well all your stuff got stolen anyway. If someones plan is to break in they are not gonna go through all the trouble and then go oh well the doors locked. Nope they are just gonna cause more damage.

Growing up a buddy of mine had an expensive car stero set up. He was paranoid someone was gonna steal it cause in his car it was fairly easy to just pul it out. so he did all this bolting it in and locking his doors and so on. so came the night it got stolen. so instead fo just yanking the stereo and going.. they pried on the door, smashed the window. Destroyed his dash completely and tore up many other things getting the stereo out because of his theft deterrent features ... cost him thousands where if he just left it alone they would have just yanked the stereo and been gone with almost no damage.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I really can't tell if you are being serious or not, so I will just say sorry for your troubles.

Sponsored

Bullit69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manny
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Lock the doors?! I don’t even wear underwear!

don’t got time for that when dropping a deuce !

Fenrir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue
I really can't tell if you are being serious or not, so I will just say sorry for your troubles.
The guy has several people on this thread who claim to have knowledge of the topics he claims he wishes to "have a good conversation about" and in response tells them they're "silly" implying these responders are stupid and don't know what they're talking about. That tells me he thinks he knows better than everyone else. There's nothing else to say on this thread.

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
Dude - it's 2020. Lock your doors.
There are people wandering around at night just searching for your place and places like yours.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
your comment implied I was crazy and making stuff up so I replied with the truth. Things happen all the time that keep people trapped in a town. hell there are movies about such topics.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
The guy has several people on this thread who claim to have knowledge of the topics he claims he wishes to "have a good conversation about" and in response tells them they're "silly" implying these responders are stupid and don't know what they're talking about. That tells me he thinks he knows better than everyone else. There's nothing else to say on this thread.
Why is my opinion any less valid then theirs? The excat same things you just said about my opinions can be said about the ones who reply. why are they right and Im wrong? why does that immediately make this thread invalid? as for when I said they are silly well on that topic I know im right people really dont understand their insurance policy's. There isnt a policy out there that covers personal property inside a car. And as far as locked or unlocked... please show me the exact wording in your insurance policy cause mine dosent and I have asked my insurer. does not matter. And for the ones saying your car can be ticketed and towed for being unlocked... come on man I have never heard of that and seriously doubt it. so why am I wrong because I don't agree and why are they right?

I have also given many examples of why I feel the way i do. while others are just saying im stupid and people will live in my car and crap in it... but im the one not wanting a serious conversation?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Dude - it's 2020. Lock your doors.
There are people wandering around at night just searching for your place and places like yours.
Theft is as old as time. Its nothing new to 2020.

AndrewT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Unless your in a real.nice neighborhood I wouldn't suggest it even though nothing is in it some punks might try to steal it or a homeless person might poop in it(lol! That is classic!)in a big urban area but that is just me. Cruisers have been stolen around here, and this is the sticks, one got driven into a lake. We are in crazy times for sure.

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
I have stuff to steal in my car even if I have no other items. My car mods for instance, my GT floor mats, Carbon fiber steering wheel if they have a lot of time on their hands, GT trunk mat. Mustang seatbelt pads hell given enough time and I am not around they can steal my Sync 3 if they know how and are determined enough if I am gone for several hours. Hell if you have the digital gauge cluster and I was a thieving scumbag you bet your ass I would be stealing that to use on my car and if not I would be selling it for a good price.

Trust me man you want to lock your doors when you can. I don't in my garage but outside that I do.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
And for the ones saying your car can be ticketed and towed for being unlocked... come on man I have never heard of that and seriously doubt it.
That guy was in Europe somewhere. Over there they could get away with that but not here.

I live in one of the more affluent suburbs around Cleveland and two months ago there was a rash of car break ins in the next burb over from me. They hit around 50 cars over a months time and every one that was hit was left unlocked. If the car was locked they left it alone, the only items that were taken were valuable, like portable gps units, ipads, laptops, etc. They didn't try to take car radios or on even the change in the cupholders. That tells me it was a bunch of kids who were looking for a cheap thrill, and they were probably local because they didn't damage a thing as in they knew who owned the car and couldn't look them in the face without feeling guilty. Crack heads would have broken out windows to get to the valuables, and professional thieves would take the whole car.

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
On a related topic, I've drilled into my wife and daughters head to keep the key fob in their pocket, and their phones too. Not in their purse. If a carjacker comes along and tries to get their car, just hit the start button before they drag them out of the car, when they get you out just run, as fast and as far as you can. The car will be shut off and they can't get it started again with out the fob because you have the fob in your pocket and you are a few hundred feet away. By the time they have figured out what you did, your too far away for them to retaliate so they will either give up and run away or victimize someone else. And when the smoke clears, just go back to the car, start it up and drive away.
The car (at least the 2016) will restart for 20 seconds without a key fob present. Search your owner's manual for "Fast Restart". So running away with the key fob won't work.

Personally I would prefer to disable this "feature" as it is more of a risk than any kind of feature. However, I've heard rumors that locking the car will cancel out the remaining 20 second timer. Although the manual does not state that is how it works.
Sponsored