Sponsored

So I don't lock my doors, why bother?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So I make most my topics for fun and to get conversations started. But some of the answers here are mean. Also I will state what I have always said. People have no idea how insurance works. People really need to educate themselves on car insurance. First off almost no insurance policy covers personal items in a car it does not matter if the car was locked or unlocked you are screwed. Almost no insurance covers theft of personal property from a car. Also no insurance company makes a determination based on whether a car was locked or unlocked as it does not matter. As for theft it mostly does not matter now a days, there use to be a few companies that had a clause that the car had to show signs of forced entry and it mostly only applies to commercial vehicles not privet. But most if not all insurance companies now make no difference since most thefts happen with cloned key fobs and there is zero way to prove if car was locked or unlocked(and wouldnt matter anyway) and in any case with a cloned fob the door being locked or unlocked is irrelevant as the thief just unlocks it with the cloned fob.

But back to my why I dont lock the door. Like I said if they are gonna do it they are gonna do it. I dont have issues cause I do not leave anything in my car to steal, who breaks into an empty car with nothing in it? And if there is something they want I rather them just open the door and take it and not damage my car then smash my window and take it and now im paying to get a window and any other damage repaired and also im out the item.

As for the car locked or unlocked deterring it being stolen. Thats just stupid to be honest. Any thief with the know how to steal a modern car a locked door is nothing, it is not gonna stop anyone who wants the car. Yall think a thief who has been scoping out your car and has the equipment to circumvent the security measures or clone the fob is gonna go oh darn its locked oh well lets go home. LOL and someone called me stupid LOL

To a real thief and someone who wants in your car it being locked or unlocked is irrelevant. and its just gonna cause you more damage to fix.
Does your 2019 have:

A digital dash cluster?

PP gauges in center of dash?

SYNC 3 with or without the sub?

Leather heated/cooled seats?

Insurance card, registration or any other docs in glove box?

Radar detector, mobile device crap in center console?

If you answered YES to any of the above, then you wouldn’t mind any of us helping ourselves to any one of those items from your interior? Or better yet, once we pop the trunk lid from gaining access to the pull cord after putting the rear seat backs down - we can then grab your tail lights too....

I mean after all, there’s lots of 2015-2017 owners who would love to have some free 2019 upgrades....

Tally up the costs of what can be stolen from the inside of an S550 - then tell us how it’s no big deal to lock the doors...

I’m not trying to be sarcastic or joking - oh but wait, next you’re going to say you have home security cams, a Ring doorbell, a big dog and lastly a gun - so no one would tempt to try and enter your unlocked vehicle.... waiting....

:wink::giggle:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
This is usually dependent on that particular vpns privacy/data retention policy and if they keep connection logs and things like that. There was a hacker named Recursion that used a vpn and his info was handed over. Once they identify you through payment method Or sign up info then Mac spoofing becomes irrelevant. Are they going to go to these lengths for insurance? Probably not, but I’m always letting people know that most of those vpn clients hand info over when asked lol.
Yeah not true, there are VPNs that dont keep logs.. and im just being basic. I take further measured. I been doing this a long time.

Robert3487

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Yeah not true, there are VPNs that dont keep logs.. and im just being basic. I take further measured. I been doing this a long time.
I never said all of them, literally the very first line lol.
"This is usually dependent on that particular vpns privacy/data retention policy and if they keep connection logs and things like that." If you're at the point where you're purchasing services with visa gift cards and crypto then you're doing something thats going to get you caught anyway lol. What have you been doing a long time that you need that level of "protection"? :inspect: Actually don't answer, i wouldn't want you to circumvent all your security practices to tell me lol.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Does your 2019 have:

A digital dash cluster?

PP gauges in center of dash?

SYNC 3 with or without the sub?

Leather heated/cooled seats?

Insurance card, registration or any other docs in glove box?

Radar detector, mobile device crap in center console?

If you answered YES to any of the above, then you wouldn’t mind any of us helping ourselves to any one of those items from your interior? Or better yet, once we pop the trunk lid from gaining access to the pull cord after putting the rear seat backs down - we can then grab your tail lights too....

I mean after all, there’s lots of 2015-2017 owners who would love to have some free 2019 upgrades....

Tally up the costs of what can be stolen from the inside of an S550 - then tell us how it’s no big deal to lock the doors...

I’m not trying to be sarcastic or joking - oh but wait, next you’re going to say you have home security cams, a Ring doorbell, a big dog and lastly a gun - so no one would tempt to try and enter your unlocked vehicle.... waiting....

:wink::giggle:
Now you are just being silly. As I said before I keep NOTHING in my car not 1 single item that is not attached to the car. Have you ever taken apart anything you have just listed? I have. It takes major work and especially for the sync 3 unit hour plus cause half the dash has to be taken apart including the center console . No ones gonna sit in your drive way at night with tools and making all kinds of racket to steal any of the things you listed. And a locked door aint gonna stop them if they want it. And again I can still steal any of that including the car with a cloned fob or breaking the window. so now Im replacing missing items and the window. I also do not own a security cam , dog, gun or ring door bell. as they are all just as pointless. so what you got some dirt bag on cam stealing your crap. most times cant make out their face and no one knows who they are anyway. so what good does it do. Plus who steals an insurance card... thats just silly. What good would it do them? Man Americans are parnoid.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I never said all of them, literally the very first line lol.
"This is usually dependent on that particular vpns privacy/data retention policy and if they keep connection logs and things like that." If you're at the point where you're purchasing services with visa gift cards and crypto then you're doing something thats going to get you caught anyway lol. What have you been doing a long time that you need that level of "protection"? :inspect: Actually don't answer, i wouldn't want you to circumvent all your security practices to tell me lol.
LOL its not hard to simply have a few programs run at start up that hide/change or alter tracking items on a PC I actually put no effort into it. But I can tell you as we speak my i.p. and any relevant tracking shows me as a person in a Chinese coffee shop :) Yall are all on here supporting protection and security and then say why would you need that security for your PC ? Ill tell you this, people can wreck your life faster with access to your PC then they can by opening your unlocked car door. Maybe some of you have a misplaced sense of what should be protected ?

Sponsored

Robert3487

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
LOL its not hard to simply have a few programs run at start up that hide/change or alter tracking items on a PC I actually put no effort into it. But I can tell you as we speak my i.p. and any relevant tracking shows me as a person in a Chinese coffee shop :) Yall are all on here supporting protection and security and then say why would you need that security for your PC ? Ill tell you this, people can wreck your life faster with access to your PC then they can by opening your unlocked car door. Maybe some of you have a misplaced sense of what should be protected ?

No way, they can have my illegally downloaded torrents from cbt nuggets and INE but if they took my ngauge i wouldn't be able to drive my car until i got a new one lol.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
No way, they can have my illegally downloaded torrents from cbt nuggets and INE but if they took my ngauge i wouldn't be able to drive my car until i got a new one lol.
OK Ill give ya that one LOL

S550VertCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2013 V6 Mustang Convertible, 2020 GT Convertible CS
OK, I have read page 1 and page 4., so if I am repeating something from pg 2 or 3, I apologize.

OP, u make good points about thieves that have focused on ur car. If the want in, they will get in.

But by not having ur doors locked u just increased the chances of a break in hugely. Because most thieves don't come just for ur car. They are there for the easiest one they can enter. So just by locking your doors u increase the chance that they move on to the next one.

Just like a wifi password decreases the chances of people riding ur network. Can they get in of they want to? Sure. But they are using scanners and will easily find one unsecured or with an easy password and will just move on from you.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Sponsored

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue
By locking my property I could also just signify that I do not want anyone else to enter it.
In a full-trust society it would actually be possible to live without locks but we don't have that.

Also think about if from a difference perspective: if you do not lock your property others could feel invited and sleep in your car / house or do whatever (see colorful examples in previous posts) just because they might have this kind of understanding in life that this is OK the same way as you have the understanding that it is not required to lock your stuff up to prevent others from accessing it just because you do not find it necessary. Won't mean they get away with this without breaking other laws (trespassing), just saying you might not know ALL other people that well to prevent this from happening. Of course for you it might be OK that a complete stranger uses your property without asking first which I think won't be the case.

At least here, if you don't lock the car it could as well happen that you will not find it when you come back not because it was stolen but because it was reported as 'not locked' and was towed. (This can even happen if you do not fully close the car windows if you are unlucky enough to get reported in that case.)

Some insurance policy contracts demand property to be locked. Sure if you get constantly robbed they might as well decide to not continue to offer their insurance to you any longer irrespective of the state of property protection.

Question to you, @Briebee72, would you let the roof of a Mustang convertible open for the same reasons you would not lock the doors on a Fastback given it is never raining and the sun radiation would not impact the interiour materials ?

ravenofpoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I’ve got a story for this.
Years ago I parked my shitty old Chevy s10 in the parking lot of a friends apartment while we drank and played games. In the morning I came out to a broken window a busted up but still present stereo, and my glove box strewn all over. First off my doors weren’t locked and my slider was open. Second they missed the cup holder full of change and while they fucked up the stereo it was still there and worked. Mostly. People are fucking idiots and they got a $5 knife and a four pack of spark plugs for their trouble.

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
I’ve got a story for this.
Years ago I parked my shitty old Chevy s10 in the parking lot of a friends apartment while we drank and played games. In the morning I came out to a broken window a busted up but still present stereo, and my glove box strewn all over. First off my doors weren’t locked and my slider was open. Second they missed the cup holder full of change and while they fucked up the stereo it was still there and worked. Mostly. People are fucking idiots and they got a $5 knife and a four pack of spark plugs for their trouble.
Years ago I lived in California. And break ins were consistent with were you lived/parked your car. Live or park in a crappy crime infested neighborhood and have nice things expect them to be taken. Just being honest. I now live in Wisconsin people leave their car running in winter time and go into stores. Or leave bicycles unchained outside. Where you live/park does have something to do with also. I choose to live in a place where me and my family feel safe. Not all of Wisconsin is that way, but where I live/work or go to town is. Sorry to hear about Asheville.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Lol it is not it down right sucks. And you cant leave. Once here you are trapped. It some how traps you ive tried to leave several times something always happens.
Well then, you sir have a condition.......just so you know help is just a phone call away :cool:
Sponsored