Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Let’s start off by saying that I have been fortunate throughout my short time here on Earth. Been getting by on luck, good fortune, and the kindness of others. This is yet another installment in my series of fortunate events and happy to share it with you all.

GT500-Delivery-1-of-10.jpg

This all started at the GT500 Track Tour. Talked to Dan McKeever a bit about the car since he had one on order. He told me I would love it but wait until the Vegas event to decide. I Got to drive the Carbon Fiber Track Pack and base GT500’s. Fell in love but wasn’t ready to let go of my GT350R. So merrily on I went… Around December of this year I remember talking to Epiphany about the research and development I wanted to do on the GT500 for our Signature Wheel builds. Hearing about the wait for his car and other delays I figured Summer 2020 would be the move. So I went on waiting again.

GT500-Delivery-2-of-10.jpg
GT500-Delivery-3-of-10.jpg

About January of this year I sent some Happy New Year and Merry Christmas messages to enthusiasts I worked with in the past. Asked for any leads out there and some great people came back with a few. I bought my Raptor locally from Elk Grove Ford and already knew their allocation was sold, but decided to reach out again. The owner, Cale, cryptically told me to give him a call. This is when luck struck.

GT500-Delivery-4-of-10.jpg
GT500-Delivery-6-of-10.jpg
GT500-Delivery-7-of-10.jpg

Joey Hand is one of the bad ass drivers that piloted the #68 Ford GT to victory at the 24-Hours of Le Mans. He lives near Elk Grove Ford and had his white FGT delivered through that dealership also. Joey was fortunate enough to get a VIP order from Ford for a 2020 GT500, and requested It have a matching #68 VIN and chassis number. Through luck this car was landed at the port awaiting delivery to Elk Grove Ford but was held up with many other early build cars for an unknown reason. Joey had decided not to take the car at this moment, so this was my opportunity to get one without the long wait. Cale offered me the opportunity to buy it, but it had to be cleared through Ford corporate. Chances were that Ford could say no, and to send the car back.

GT500-Delivery-1-of-8.jpg
GT500-Delivery-2-of-8.jpg
GT500-Delivery-3-of-8.jpg

On January 15th, 2020, I got the call that the car had been delivered to Elk Grove Ford. After a few days of getting the car prepped and wrapping up financing I was ready to bring it home. Joey Hand was nice enough to come to the dealership and sign the dash on the car when I took delivery. A truly cool guy, down to earth, and humble. He even brought me a signed poster of the winning #68 FGT. A great representative for Ford, and car enthusiasts in general. Hopefully I get to grab some pics with him again soon, but here is what I have for now.

GT500-Delivery-4-of-8.jpg
GT500-Delivery-5-of-8.jpg
GT500-Delivery-6-of-8.jpg

Excited about the opportunity to get this car, and very thankful to all the Signature Wheel enthusiasts I have had the pleasure to work with. Some wheels will be on it soon, and I am planning to produce some of my own custom aero components to include an adjustable Carbon fiber GT4/CFTP rear wing. To all those guys and gals waiting, just keep holding on. You are in the deep end, and you wont want to be saved.

GT500-Delivery-7-of-8.jpg
GT500-Delivery-8-of-8.jpg
GT500-Delivery-8-of-10.jpg
GT500-Delivery-9-of-10.jpg
GT500-Delivery-10-of-10.jpg
Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, great story brother, and congratulations! Matching VIN/Chassis is pretty spectacular.

Didi you trade in the GT350R?

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Congratulations. Great experience. Couldn't have happened to a more deserving and upstanding guy. Enjoy!

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
Wow. Great so happy for you could not have happened to a nicer guy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

ManyfordsnoMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible Magnetic 10 spd auto loaded; '04 Maruader SC, 1970 442 W30 Convertible, 2014 Fusion Energi
wow, very cool and what a great looking color combo. PERFECT!

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Congrats! I can't wait to see all the different wheel options you make for it.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Congrats! I must say that I am not a fan of that blue! Just kidding,I'm a big fan of blue cars...your GT500 is beautiful! Great story and congrats again...

Is that Velocity blue?

Sponsored

AMBJR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ALLEN
Vehicle(s)
03 Mustang Cobra-20 GT500
So
Let’s start off by saying that I have been fortunate throughout my short time here on Earth. Been getting by on luck, good fortune, and the kindness of others. This is yet another installment in my series of fortunate events and happy to share it with you all.

GT500-Delivery-1-of-10.jpg

This all started at the GT500 Track Tour. Talked to Dan McKeever a bit about the car since he had one on order. He told me I would love it but wait until the Vegas event to decide. I Got to drive the Carbon Fiber Track Pack and base GT500’s. Fell in love but wasn’t ready to let go of my GT350R. So merrily on I went… Around December of this year I remember talking to Epiphany about the research and development I wanted to do on the GT500 for our Signature Wheel builds. Hearing about the wait for his car and other delays I figured Summer 2020 would be the move. So I went on waiting again.

GT500-Delivery-2-of-10.jpg
GT500-Delivery-3-of-10.jpg

About January of this year I sent some Happy New Year and Merry Christmas messages to enthusiasts I worked with in the past. Asked for any leads out there and some great people came back with a few. I bought my Raptor locally from Elk Grove Ford and already knew their allocation was sold, but decided to reach out again. The owner, Cale, cryptically told me to give him a call. This is when luck struck.

GT500-Delivery-4-of-10.jpg
GT500-Delivery-6-of-10.jpg
GT500-Delivery-7-of-10.jpg

Joey Hand is one of the bad ass drivers that piloted the #68 Ford GT to victory at the 24-Hours of Le Mans. He lives near Elk Grove Ford and had his white FGT delivered through that dealership also. Joey was fortunate enough to get a VIP order from Ford for a 2020 GT500, and requested It have a matching #68 VIN and chassis number. Through luck this car was landed at the port awaiting delivery to Elk Grove Ford but was held up with many other early build cars for an unknown reason. Joey had decided not to take the car at this moment, so this was my opportunity to get one without the long wait. Cale offered me the opportunity to buy it, but it had to be cleared through Ford corporate. Chances were that Ford could say no, and to send the car back.

GT500-Delivery-1-of-8.jpg
GT500-Delivery-2-of-8.jpg
GT500-Delivery-3-of-8.jpg

On January 15th, 2020, I got the call that the car had been delivered to Elk Grove Ford. After a few days of getting the car prepped and wrapping up financing I was ready to bring it home. Joey Hand was nice enough to come to the dealership and sign the dash on the car when I took delivery. A truly cool guy, down to earth, and humble. He even brought me a signed poster of the winning #68 FGT. A great representative for Ford, and car enthusiasts in general. Hopefully I get to grab some pics with him again soon, but here is what I have for now.

GT500-Delivery-4-of-8.jpg
GT500-Delivery-5-of-8.jpg
GT500-Delivery-6-of-8.jpg

Excited about the opportunity to get this car, and very thankful to all the Signature Wheel enthusiasts I have had the pleasure to work with. Some wheels will be on it soon, and I am planning to produce some of my own custom aero components to include an adjustable Carbon fiber GT4/CFTP rear wing. To all those guys and gals waiting, just keep holding on. You are in the deep end, and you wont want to be saved.

GT500-Delivery-7-of-8.jpg
GT500-Delivery-8-of-8.jpg
GT500-Delivery-8-of-10.jpg
GT500-Delivery-9-of-10.jpg
GT500-Delivery-10-of-10.jpg
So NOW you have TWO blue GT's; One 350 and one 500!!!

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Wow, great story brother, and congratulations! Matching VIN/Chassis is pretty spectacular.

Didi you trade in the GT350R?
I still have her for now. Going to get some quick modifications and then come back out
Hope to see you around town with that beauty.
Oh man, you definitely will
Congrats! I can't wait to see all the different wheel options you make for it.
This one is going to be fun. I have a vision here
Congrats! I must say that I am not a fan of that blue! Just kidding,I'm a big fan of blue cars...your GT500 is beautiful! Great story and congrats again...

Is that Velocity blue?
Velocity blue indeed. Can’t wait to take both of them to the track
Sponsored