Sponsored

So, has everyone made peace with the 2K rattle?

kcline145

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kale
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
The 2k rattle is typically only associated with the 2018+ MY. Note I said typically. But to answer your main question, no I don't. My engine sounds very healthy building up speed. It sounds the worst at idle. The problem with "rattle" is that it's a vague description with multiple symptoms sharing a similar sound. The steps you're taking are what I'd do if I was worried. I'd also start logging to make sure it's not pinging you're hearing.
Compression test came back just fine everything was between 220 and 230psi. Bore scope looked good too no excess wear or scoring at all. Cylinder 8 had some oil or fuel i couldnt tell but there wasnt much of it. Nothing looked concerning at all so im just gonna run the piss out of it until it blows up then build a motor lol. Ill leave a picture of the oil/fuel whatever.

06CBAD38-DF78-4F55-93E8-6598445EFFE9.jpeg
Sponsored

Ant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150 STX Sport Crew Cab 4x4
I posted in the wrong thread and meant to post here

I didn’t want to make a thread and be told to search, in which I have been. But my 2019 with 20k miles I hear a rattle start around 1,800 rpms and continues well past 4K but the exhaust is getting loud by that point so it very well could be making the rattle then too. I also noticed if I’m in a gear and give it little gas and let off there’s a rattle too. It all seems to be coming somewhere between the engine and trans. Only does it under load. Won’t do it idling and bringing the rpms up. I have not read where the rattle stays as rpms go above 2k. Could this be coming from the exposed plate between the engine and trans?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I don't know about the 2K rattle but I used Mobile one oil and after about 2K miles I have a rattle on start up, goes away after about 30 seconds. I listened from my stethoscope and it is not a lash adjuster.

Sounds like it is coming from under the car, trans??

Never again will I use M1 oil. Changed to Liqi Moly and the problem persists.

I used M1 oil in my 2002 V6 F150 and it sounded like it was going to toss a rod. Shoulda learned then.

Any thoughts on what it might be?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know about the 2K rattle but I used Mobile one oil and after about 2K miles I have a rattle on start up, goes away after about 30 seconds. I listened from my stethoscope and it is not a lash adjuster.

Sounds like it is coming from under the car, trans??

Never again will I use M1 oil. Changed to Liqi Moly and the problem persists.

I used M1 oil in my 2002 V6 F150 and it sounded like it was going to toss a rod. Shoulda learned then.

Any thoughts on what it might be?

Got a Mobile 1 story, been using it for many years in a truck I bought new, 99.

Was changing the oil 2x a year, switching the Mustang over to Castrol Edge. Last year on a whim, did the truck also. First noticed the oil pressure was up some & it has maintained a higher pressure than the Mobil1. A little over a year later this month, oil life comes on, no difference in the driving habit.

Why did I start using Mobil1, did not know any better, now I do...

Mustang likes it very well, to the worrywarts and some engine noises...... get over it. Go buy electric, run the select your favorite engine sound drive off into the sunset.

Aluminum blocks do not absorb the mechanical noises that all engines have. As well as the iron block, :rain: :rain: :rain:

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium