Sponsored

So do these rear wheels poke out too far?

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
No worries! I only put the filter on hand-tight anyway, 'cause that's what the interweb says.
She might be your baby, but she will always have a special place in my heart. Please go out and verify that torque setting so I don't have bad dreams again tonight.....
Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Agreed a tad to much. Shouldn't really go beyond the sheet metal.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
That photo is with factory camber. Slight negative camber will bring it in on the top and sport cup 2s dont have a profile that sticks out.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I think of it like side boob:
A little poke if things are nice n tight.. great.
But too much of the wrong size.. eeeehh.

Edit: Sry for those that missed the original post with example images. Not going to try reuploading.
Just google sideboob and you should be good...:giggle:

Last edited:

Sponsored

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase
They poke out a little too much for me too. My 345's don't poke out at all but then it does depend on the specific wheel and it's caliper clearance, offset and the sidewall of tire since they are all a little different.

808muscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Whipple, 2006 GT Blown and cammed
Is it the way the picture is angled or does the drivers side stick out further?
Mine do this with nitto 555r 305/35/20s. Strange thing is with the same size tire in a MT sport comp they didnt do this. I had the alignment checked again and it was exactly the same with the other brand tires. I even have the Steeda alignment dowels. Good news is they dont rub at all.

zxd9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
I'm good with that. No more though.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I was just commenting in a thread about spacers, people running a 25mm on a factory PP wheel, and the rear being a little too far out, I ran 23mm, and even a couple of mm made a touch of difference (20mm would be perfect). Anyway, my point being, from an aesthetic standpoint, just a touch too much for my taste, but it's really close. A good bit of camber would make it look like a near proper fitment (of course, probably more than you'd want on the street).

Time for the baseball bat driveway fender roll ... :crazy:

Sponsored

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Do they rub?

Skwibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT500, '17 2SS (previous)
They poke out a little too much for me too. My 345's don't poke out at all but then it does depend on the specific wheel and it's caliper clearance, offset and the sidewall of tire since they are all a little different.
I plan on going with the same wheel as you, but looking to only fit 335's. Haven't decided on what black finish I want though. How do you think that'll turn out fitment/size/stick out wise? Beautiful car by the way, how much of a PITA are the euro lights to install?

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Which wheel? The drag setup or your street setup?

The above wheel is the Super Deep Concave so it is built more aggressive to get the profile. Yours do not have as much rear offset so they should not poke. Curious if it is the wheel poking or your Toyo tire?
The 20s. 18s i think are perfect. If it were an issue, id have said something, so dont be concerned about that, its just not my flavor

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I dig it, but from the pics it almost looks like the cradle might not be quite centered under the car. The driver side appears to poke more. With the cradle centered it would be about perfect.

The wheel design is great.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I dig it, but from the pics it almost looks like the cradle might not be quite centered under the car. The driver side appears to poke more. With the cradle centered it would be about perfect.

The wheel design is great.
I saw that too, but I think it's just the difference in angles of the photos - I LOVE the wheels.
Sponsored