Sponsored

So can we turn on the fake engine sounds in the GT?

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Yes you read that right. I know the ecoboost, the gt350 and the Mach-e all pump engine sound through the speakers. The GT does not. I been playing with forscan and got curious wel if these head units all have basically the same options as the other cars you can turn off and on with forscan can you also turn on engine noise through the speakers? I know I know why would you want too? well because I get bored easy and what to see if I can and am curious as to what it would sound like. I tried reading forscan and other topics about disabling it in other models with pins or something but I got sorta lost. Anyone know if this can be done and if so how? I guess if other models have a setting to turn it off in forscan then GTs should have that same option buried in there and can be turned on?

I have removed my sound tube changed my resonator and have active exhaust i just want to mix in pumped in sound out of curiosity since I also sound deadened the car .
Sponsored

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
You already said "why would you want to?", and totally get the urge of "because I can!", but...Why would you want to? Coyote's got one of the best sounds in the business.
Curiosity. My life is basically hacking everything I get ahold of. Just like a kid who has to take everything apart. Just curious what it sounds like is all.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I know the ecoboost, the gt350 and the Mach-e all pump engine sound through the speakers.
How do you know the GT350 pumps sound through the speakers?
Just curious. And where is the "sound tube"?
I wouldn't think the "VooDoo" would need fake sound.

My life is basically hacking everything I get ahold of. Just like a kid who has to take everything apart.
Sounds like you have the "knack":

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
How do you know the GT350 pumps sound through the speakers?
Just curious. And where is the "sound tube"?
I wouldn't think the "VooDoo" would need fake sound.
I have read it several places and thought the same as you but for whatever reason it does. as for the sound tube , its this long plasticy dohicky that comes off the intake and goes to the cabin. It pulls air in frm the intake and it goes through some baffles and magic to make "sound in the cabin" there is much talk of this tube and that fact that it apparently does little to nothing. some remove it for weight savngs other like myself for the tonal difference in the car. To me anyway after I removed it the sound of the car in side became quieter , could listen to the radio and hear it on 4 instead of 6 and the exhaust became more pronounced from the back instead of sounding sorta all over. Also many like myself tend to feel a little quicker throttle tip in response due tothe fact the intake is not being robbed of that air. it is al very subtle changes but changes you'll say something different I like it. :) But the sound tube is not part of the pumped in sound Im talking about that's the sound from the speakers im curious about. oh plus sound tube removal helps get to the oil plug better and most say makes the engine look less cluttered.

here is what it looks like, its rather a part part and it does absolutely nothing but bring air into the cabin and make "sound" oh and some like myself also feel it cuts down greatly on exhaust smells from other cars coming in by removing it.
s-l300.jpg

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yes you read that right. I know the ecoboost, the gt350 and the Mach-e all pump engine sound through the speakers. The GT does not. I been playing with forscan and got curious wel if these head units all have basically the same options as the other cars you can turn off and on with forscan can you also turn on engine noise through the speakers? I know I know why would you want too? well because I get bored easy and what to see if I can and am curious as to what it would sound like. I tried reading forscan and other topics about disabling it in other models with pins or something but I got sorta lost. Anyone know if this can be done and if so how? I guess if other models have a setting to turn it off in forscan then GTs should have that same option buried in there and can be turned on?

I have removed my sound tube changed my resonator and have active exhaust i just want to mix in pumped in sound out of curiosity since I also sound deadened the car .
If you have an X or H pipe just put down the back seats and the sound will be pumped directly into your skull.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
If you have an X or H pipe just put down the back seats and the sound will be pumped directly into your skull.
I actually have both LOL no seriously this thing is awesome.
download.jpg

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I want to buy a prius and have toyota pump the exhaust note from my gt through the speakers...
LOL that might be truer to reality then you think. the New 202 civic type R is also now gonna pump sound into the car through the speakers. Why is pumping sound in such a big thing now? I would think its embarrassing. you think your car is all amazing sounding and tell your friends listen to my car. get in and rev it and from outside its all quiet and sounds like nothing LOL. They are all oh ok yeah sounds um good man. And the Mach-e does it as well the test drive videos the guy driving even says listen to this big v8 sound we put in through the speakers .

Sponsored
OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Totally unrelated to the sound tube talk... how do you like that pipe? Any sound clips?
I dont care if we go off rails its my thread :) besides i figure next to no one will know anyway so make this a sound thread.

Man Ill tell you I am cheap and I love car parts but hate the cost. This pipe is about the most exspensive. I got it becuae everyone who had it raved about it and those with active exhaust couldn't stop praising it. So I got it. I don't regret a single penny. I love it. My car buddy who mods his car al the time is super jealous (worth it alone) and everyone who has heard it absolutely loves it. Its loud fully open in track mode, in a man that sounds good way not jesus thats loud way cold starts are very loud then it calms down. I can't speak for non active exhaust I would guess its just loud al the time, I got it to compliment my active exhaust and on that the quiet is so nice its in a way quieter but with a deep growl, track is flippin amazing , its loud but has a almost nascar sound. It blends the sounds from the engine. they are smooth, deeper. and with the active a put it in quiet mode and man its so nice when I come home im not disturbing anyone and its still got that low v8 rumble. and absolutely zero drone. I have a fully stock system except for the pipe and my system is active. How it sounds of what not on any other system I can't say I can only tell you how it is on mine. And so far everyone who has heard it wants it.

sound video Ihave not made I id a little one at my house,couldnt rev much peopel next door have a newborn baby, and the sound did not come through very well on cell phone speaker. Ill try to make another one but I can tell you the videos on the net of its sound don't do it justice at all it sounds nothing in real life like it doe son videos. I know people want a example but never buy an exhaust based on internet sound clips cause well they suck and never sound like the real thing. 99% of them are recorded on a cell phone microphone and played back on a cell phone speaker. you are not gonna get an accurate sound profile. Matter fo fact the internet videos are almost what made me not buy it. glad I didn't go by that now.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Sorry Briebee, your insatiable curiosity reminded me of this. I love it.

upload_2020-1-10_10-44-6.jpeg

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
So IM gonna take it no one knows LOL I just figured may be some ecoboost people that knew the location of the setting in forscan that turned theres off so I could go look and see if I could turn mine on. Its strictly curiosity. IM not gonna leave it on I promise :)
Sponsored