Sponsored

So a stock GT350/GT350R is too loud for Florida? Wtf?

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Except, your honour, I was in Normal mode all the time. I have no idea how this cop figured out that I wasn't. Maybe he cares to explain, and to prove it?
Sure, and the next time the cop see's that car, he'll have the db meter handly and have a reading of the o/p with the valves open.
Then you get a bigger fine for using off road use only equipment on public roadways. Some areas will tow and impound the car till the court date, and keep pushing it back till the storage fees and such are so high that the car goes to auction .
If active exhaust was new this year, you might get to use that, how could the cop know, and get it dropped. but years into them on the roads, You could use that in court, but you best never be driving in that area ever again, cuz next time, he (the cop) won't leave any question about it.
You are also in an other country, But cruisers here have dash cams with audio. The cars exhaust noise before bring pulled over, and then him pulling away after the stop, would show the court , um. well. Something is afoot.

You think you've private lives
Think nothing of the kind
There is no true escape
I'm watching all the time
I'm made of metal
My circuits gleam
I am perpetual
I keep the country clean
I'm elected electric spy
I'm protected electric eye
Always in focus
You can't feel my stare
I zoom into you
You don't know I'm there
Sponsored

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
I own a landscape business in the Tampa/St Pete area and they increase enforcement every January. Near the Skyway, highway patrol will pull over every commercial truck just looking for any violation as a source of revenue.

by February everything will be back to normal. I have seen this for the past four years since I have moved here…

JP
Interesting. They've been out in force for the last couple of days on Tampa Rd./Hillsborough Ave., both Pinellas and Hillsborough county SDs. To be fair, I haven't found Florida law enforcement to be very strict about speeding violations on major roads. Can't tell you the number of times I've stumbled over a state trooper or county SD officer going 15 over the limit and...nothing. Must be the white hair.

Tacticly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4
"But your honour, I was in Normal mode all the time. I have no idea how this cop figured out, using nothing but his ears, that I wasn't. Maybe he cares to explain, and to prove it?"
Exactly won't hold up in court if its a factory exhaust that meets usa admissions and noise standards from the factory they would have to proge otherwise thats a long shot

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
So if you have a truly stock vehicle, they can go pound sand.
Cause he/she didn't have grounds to write you a ticket. A clown cop wrote one out to me. Made him look like a complete idiot in front of the judge. I didn't even have to pay court costs.
Exactly won't hold up in court if its a factory exhaust that meets usa admissions and noise standards from the factory they would have to proge otherwise thats a long shot
So is everyone happy to just elide past where the OP stated he's modified the exhaust?

He told me that he pulled me over because my car is too loud, because I modified the stock exhaust. The only modifications that I have done was replace the resonators with the LTH resonator so they my GT350 sounds just like the GT350R. After I told him that my car's exhaust was still stock (because it still is) he said that according to the law my car is too loud and I'm supposed to drive it normal mode with the valves closed. So if you have a GT350R you are breaking the law by driving with exhaust valves open.
So am I missing some way to reconcile "replaced the resonators (Ed: explicitly to change the sound)" with "still stock"?

Last edited:

sean p

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350 Velocity blue w/black stripe
So is everyone happy to just elide past where the OP stated he's modified the exhaust?

So am I missing some way to reconcile "replaced the resonators (Ed: explicitly to change the sound)" with "still stock"?
Just looked up in manual, page 251 " The Track exhaust mode is for track use only, and not on public roadways. Use will result in louder exterior noise, which may not meet local and state laws and regs.
However, i would agree that you probably shouldn't get pulled over for it unless being a dick.
Hope this helps!

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
And here I was running around central Texas catless with a Krona catback on my previous GT. The Mach 1 in track mode is pretty tame to me honestly. Headers invite God's wrath at WOT.

Tacticly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4
Just looked up in manual, page 251 " The Track exhaust mode is for track use only, and not on public roadways. Use will result in louder exterior noise, which may not meet local and state laws and regs.
However, i would agree that you probably shouldn't get pulled over for it unless being a dick.
Hope this helps!
me on the couch after dominos is for track use only also

jfabes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT500; '22 F150; '19 Giulia QV; '21 GTI
I'm in the WPB area and had my GT350 here for over a year with no cats or resonators and never had an issue. And I drove with the valves opened at all times. I go to C&C WPB often and there are some incredibly loud new cars there. There are also several GT500's that had work done at PBD with long tubes and/or no cats or resonators that I've talked with (because their cars were louder than my GT350) and they didn't mention any issues. Maybe its just more lenient further south.

Last edited:

19-kilo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2011 SVT Raptor, 6.2L
Ran into this in Colorado. Similar law language. But all I did was get a statement from a Ford dealer stating the exhaust is stock and then went to court. Charges dropped. No ticket.

btw driving in normal doesn’t make it quieter all the time. If you floor it the valves still open. It’s by design and Ford would not sell an illegal vehicle. Cop is just mistaken and trying to in force a subjective law about sound “volume”.

StangersInTheNight

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
It is 100% possible stock exhaust with the valves open is “track use only” and not street legal.
From the owner's manual:
Note: The Track Exhaust Mode setting is only for use at tracks and not for use on public roadways. Use of this setting results in increased exterior noise, which may not meet state and local laws and regulations. It is the obligation of the driver to operate the vehicle in a manner that complies with state and local requirements. Only use the Track Exhaust Mode setting at a competition track or an off-road course where elevated exterior vehicle noise is acceptable.

Sponsored

07S281E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Saleen S281E, 2020 Shelby GT 350
Sure, and the next time the cop see's that car, he'll have the db meter handly and have a reading of the o/p with the valves open.
Then you get a bigger fine for using off road use only equipment on public roadways. Some areas will tow and impound the car till the court date, and keep pushing it back till the storage fees and such are so high that the car goes to auction .
If active exhaust was new this year, you might get to use that, how could the cop know, and get it dropped. but years into them on the roads, You could use that in court, but you best never be driving in that area ever again, cuz next time, he (the cop) won't leave any question about it.
You are also in an other country, But cruisers here have dash cams with audio. The cars exhaust noise before bring pulled over, and then him pulling away after the stop, would show the court , um. well. Something is afoot.

You think you've private lives
Think nothing of the kind
There is no true escape
I'm watching all the time
I'm made of metal
My circuits gleam
I am perpetual
I keep the country clean
I'm elected electric spy
I'm protected electric eye
Always in focus
You can't feel my stare
I zoom into you
You don't know I'm there
Judus Priest you are showing your age.

GT_MTL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yves
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium - 2018 F-150 XLT
That makes sense, Orlando area is a high tourist part of Florida. I would bet the police enforce more there for 2 reasons, 1) to keep hooligans like us from ruining tourist's vacation and 2) to issue citations to tourist who most likely will pay and not contest.
So if I'm there as a tourist with my Canadian Quebec plates, I can rev it all over the place ? :)

Bob S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Package
i live in the Daytona Beach, Florida area. I've daily driven my 2016 GT350 in Sport Mode since the car was new. I'm not sure what the exhaust difference is between Sport and Track Modes, but Sport Mode definitely does not say Track Use Only. Isn't Sport Mode loud enough? I've never been pulled over by the police but, as my car has not been modified in any way, I'd be fighting any attempt to ticket me from driving in Sport Mode.

dmcg940

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Premium, 94 Mustang GT
Where did you get pulled over? I mostly drive in Sport+ and having Steeda H Pipe installed tomorrow. Hope I don't draw attention.
Sport+ with a Steeda H-pipe? You can hear that three blocks over., LOL.
Sponsored