Sponsored

Snow tires for Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package?

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
My MR2 has been my winter sports car for years now but as it’s getting on 30 years old it’s earned semi-retirement. (It’s also going up a lot in value lately - you used to be able to pick them up cheap.)
Which means I’m going to put winter tires on the Bullitt come November.
So I’m interested to find out what you get as I’m looking, too.

07F7DC18-DF1D-4514-B66E-98AF1E810EF9.jpeg
Sponsored

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
Isn't it self defeating to wash the underside if you oil spray it? That just washes off the oil

I wondered that too but after talking the guys applying the coating, the logic is that the oil penetrates all the hard to reach areas, they spray from the inside out of box sections pinch welds etc so any areas that the oil will eventually wash off say cross members, oil pan etc. usally don't rust from there if you are regularly washing your car and if you wait a week or so until the oil penetrates all the seams cracks etc and "dries" or gets sticky you are picking the least harm to the protection versus most harm of not washing at all.

The treatment is more to stop internal corrosion and corrosion at places where a regular under body wash wouldn't get to.

However there are people who recommend not washing under the body at all, I just couldn't bring myself to do that.

Equally I am not parking the car up for 7 months a year, I didn't buy it to look at it.

That is not a comment on anyone who does park their car up, your money your car do what you want, I want to drive mine more often.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3, 255/40/19 on both the 9" fronts and 9.5" rears.
Probably the best winter tires you can buy for winters we have around the great lakes.
115848.jpg
This is exactly what I was looking for. I take delivery of my 2021 GT Premium on Monday and while I will get a couple of months of good weather still (In the GTA) I'll need to buy an extra set of rims and these tires.

I've been to Finland a couple of times and agree they know their snow!

Does anyone know where to get a set of Mustang Premium performance pack rims in Ontario without paying stupid prices? I'm the type who likes to have a set of rims/tires for the good weather and a set for the bad so I can hot-swap as required.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
This is exactly what I was looking for. I take delivery of my 2021 GT Premium on Monday and while I will get a couple of months of good weather still (In the GTA) I'll need to buy an extra set of rims and these tires.

Does anyone know where to get a set of Mustang Premium performance pack rims in Ontario without paying stupid prices? I'm the type who likes to have a set of rims/tires for the good weather and a set for the bad so I can hot-swap as required.
If you can't find them locally you might check out Levittown Ford Parts, I think they'll ship to Canada.
They have PP wheels for a decent price.

Reactions: MCS

RKRZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT MT82 PP1 301A AE MR
I'm the type who likes to have a set of rims/tires for the good weather and a set for the bad so I can hot-swap as required.
Not sure if you intend to use the new wheels for winter or summer, but I'm pretty sure PP1 wheels are wider than standard GT wheels so it usually makes sense to use the thinner wheels for winter.

In my opinion, the factory wheels on all Mustangs are never wide enough, for either filling out the wheel wells or for actually putting power down. If you care about that stuff, I'd generally recommend that you sacrifice the factory wheels as your permanent winter set, then some time in December or January place your order for nicer, wider, lighter weight wheels to use in the summer.

Sponsored

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
Not sure if you intend to use the new wheels for winter or summer, but I'm pretty sure PP1 wheels are wider than standard GT wheels so it usually makes sense to use the thinner wheels for winter.

In my opinion, the factory wheels on all Mustangs are never wide enough, for either filling out the wheel wells or for actually putting power down. If you care about that stuff, I'd generally recommend that you sacrifice the factory wheels as your permanent winter set, then some time in December or January place your order for nicer, wider, lighter weight wheels to use in the summer.
Right on...that's exactly what I usually do, and will be doing

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium

Was basically going to do exactly what you did for your winter setup. I've heard good things about those tires (including asking my buddy in Helsinki who has them on his Audi).

I was looking at 20's, to fill the wheel wells, as you say but after having driven my Mercedes with 18s and my buddies Mercedes with 20s I just can't do the bone-jarring ride of 20s on a Mustang.

HRE has some amazing 20s but I think I'll stick with 19s and I do like the look of the factory wheels)

Any replica PP wheels out there that are 19s but an inch wider?

BiancoV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1969 Torino GT
I ran blizzaks on my pp1 wheels this past season. I know we didn't have the hardest winter here in Long Island but I drove my car hard this winter including every day it snow. It was a blast driving with the blizzaks. I never got stuck once. I actually looked forward to driving in the snow, car felt controlled and sturdy.
2F9AD734-A068-401B-8C78-449E911336B2.png

RKRZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ran blizzaks on my pp1 wheels this past season. I know we didn't have the hardest winter here in Long Island but I drove my car hard this winter including every day it snow. It was a blast driving with the blizzaks. I never got stuck once. I actually looked forward to driving in the snow, car felt controlled and sturdy.
2F9AD734-A068-401B-8C78-449E911336B2.png
Lowered too? No issues with plowing?

Sponsored

Andy D

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Ruby Red

My set of original 2018 PP1 wheels are available if your interested. (2 19' x 9" and 2 19' x 19.5") They also come with original Ford TPM stems. I'm asking $100 per wheel plus shipping.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Me, I'd park it for the winter and buy a 2k beater, drive it, and come spring sell it off, repeat next fall.
Winter drivers seem to all have ADHD oh look shiny, and hit the nice cars not the beaters.
Winters= salted roads = rust. A winter beater is a better option, unless you only plan on owning the Mustang 2 maybe 3 years and plan on selling it off before the metal worm had it's way with it.

RKRZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Me, I'd park it for the winter and buy a 2k beater, drive it, and come spring sell it off, repeat next fall.
Winter drivers seem to all have ADHD oh look shiny, and hit the nice cars not the beaters.
Winters= salted roads = rust. A winter beater is a better option, unless you only plan on owning the Mustang 2 maybe 3 years and plan on selling it off before the metal worm had it's way with it.
Depending where you live, winter can be anywhere between 3-5 months. Some of us don't want to drive a piece of shit for that long. Also, your concerns about rust can be almost completely mitigated with the use of rust-proofing oil sprays as somebody else mentioned.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Depending where you live, winter can be anywhere between 3-5 months. Some of us don't want to drive a piece of shit for that long. Also, your concerns about rust can be almost completely mitigated with the use of rust-proofing oil sprays as somebody else mentioned.
Ya, rusty jones worked also, or was that just a sales pitch rumor.
The oil sprays like anything is only as good as the person spraying it on, And they tend to not spray into the seams where the worm takes hold. or the drain holes, and why many vehicle that have had these services since new also have rotted out rockers and lower fenders near the bracing, and over wheel lips. It helps, but requires a person that is spraying to care and make sure they get it all. most don't care as it isn't their car. so the salt gets inside the u channels, and drain holes and rots the car from the inner side of those panels.
To each their own. Any vehicle I care about and plan on keeping long term, get parked. The oil spray even if done correctly, won't stop the yoyo, that late brakes on dry roads that now does it in winter and takes out your pride and joy.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Ya, rusty jones worked also, or was that just a sales pitch rumor.
The oil sprays like anything is only as good as the person spraying it on, And they tend to not spray into the seams where the worm takes hold. or the drain holes, and why many vehicle that have had these services since new also have rotted out rockers and lower fenders near the bracing, and over wheel lips. It helps, but requires a person that is spraying to care and make sure they get it all. most don't care as it isn't their car. so the salt gets inside the u channels, and drain holes and rots the car from the inner side of those panels.
To each their own. Any vehicle I care about and plan on keeping long term, get parked. The oil spray even if done correctly, won't stop the yoyo, that late brakes on dry roads that now does it in winter and takes out your pride and joy.
Modern cars are a lot better about not succumbing to rust. With that said, the aluminum parts on these cars generally are already corroding from the factory, so it's not the best reason to avoid driving it lol
Sponsored