AE3A101F-2C74-43D8-91FB-AFAAA8BA0FE3.jpeg

ColumbusStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
This was back in 2019. I've driven RWD cars most of my life, mostly sports cars, and feel pretty comfortable driving in the snow. I was driving on BF Goodrich Comp 2 A/S tires in these pics and they were really good, but then I bought some Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 snow tires and, wow, what a difference. That's why I have a dedicated set of wheels with snow tires.

Mustang snow.jpg
Mustang snow1.jpg
Mustang snow2.jpg

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
you change your car more times than bike. Is it the same car painted in another colour?
Yellow car was leased, 2016 EBPPP. Ruby Red replaced yellow car, 2019 EBPPPP that the dealer let me order and lease. Wanted a GT but didn't want a low option model. Blue car replaced Ruby when its lease was up, bought just as dealerships came out of Covid lockdown so I managed to get a car I could live with at a price I could afford. Bike is used almost exclusively in the winter so no need to change it out often!

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
anyone drive a torsen diff car in the snow? when leaving from a stop while turning the inside tire seems to "scrub" if light throttle isnt used. seems like that would be interesting in the snow
I drove my GT350 in the snow a few times. No issues at all with the torsen diff. I do generally use light throttle in the winter - even if the roads are dry, though. Snow tires will let you get around fine, but they don't grip like summer performance tires. The torsen probably doesn't do much different than a clutch based trac loc rear.

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Here's a recent photo, ride home was less than ideal, uphill in traffic, nastly slushy mix on the ground for near on 2h :whew:. Opted for the "performance" snow tires so I guess I should have seen it coming.

IMG_0958.JPG

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
anyone drive a torsen diff car in the snow? when leaving from a stop while turning the inside tire seems to "scrub" if light throttle isnt used. seems like that would be interesting in the snow
No problems with the Torsen diff in my 2019. Not any different feeling from my 2006, 2013, or 2017 that had the Ford T-lok.

Although you are right about the feeling making a turn on dry pavement. I actually took it in to have it checked under warranty thinking something was wrong with the rear end.

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
Michelin X-ice, stock sizes, torsen diff,

over summers, these tires are unbelievably better. Night and day.
we dont get much snow usually, but cooler temps, my summers had no traction even on dry roads.
In the snow the X-Ices just go ... only thing is to use light acceleration. You'll get a-b just fine.

Id say its like any other car with the right tires for the season. No reason to park it in winter, unless you are in an area that is heavy on salt, and want to use a winter beater to take the hit.

Sponsored

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
tempImagePPoULB.jpg

Yesterday driving up the state forrest road, just a little icy. Got a text from a buddy riding in the middle of the woods 'Guy with the loud blue Mustang is here'... he drives a Volt lol

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible
The 2019 Kona Blue vert I bought was a Ford Rep's car from September 2018 thru March 2019 in OHIO, then went through the sale.......I got it in August 2019 and the underside was a "RUSTY WONDERLAND".....UGH!! :frown:

I washed it well and treated it with Ospho then clear coat paint but finally sold it to Vroom when my Bad Hip was giving me HELL!!:crying:

My new one won't see the rain much less SNOW!!:like::like:

How do you Snow Drivers keep the undersides from rusting away??🤔