Snow square 295's VS All-Season 265f/275r

Snow or All Season Tires for Cold

• Total voters

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I'm not personally planning to drive in snow, my goal was to have a tire that preforms well at near or below-freezing temperatures. Here in Oklahoma we have more really cold clear days than snow. During Saturday morning runs for breakfast or evening dinners It's been difficult to get enough heat into the Cup2s before I get where I'm going.
Then I would personally get something like DWS06 rather than actual snow tires and go as wide as you like.
There is a new Michelin All Season (Pilot Sport something - forgot the name) that's replacing their Pilot A/S3 I believe - might not be bad either but haven't personally tried.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ZaChickster

ZaChickster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
While I don't plan on taking the GT350 canyon carving on the way to the ski slopes this winter, it might see some light snow day to day. Pulled the trigger from Tire Rack on the Sottozero Serie II as the dealer wasn't able to get back to me on price. Narrower options were far more expensive.

Will schedule installation in the next couple weeks. As it is, snow and cold is coming to the Denver area this weekend and the Shelby will have to stay in the garage due to its summer rubber.

OP
OP
ZaChickster

ZaChickster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
UPDATE:

Was a bit of a hassle but got the 295 squares setup installed today. Dealer I first took it to refused to install the 295's in the back as they would have had to stretch the tires. Thankfully local tire shop did it no problem just before we got a bit of snow. Wish it was easier to find all season / cool temp tires for this car. High performance German cars and Vettes manage; so why the drama with GT350s?

PXL_20201124_205723622.jpg

PXL_20201124_212310375.jpg

Ride is a little louder and squishier but seems fine. Won't be able to do anything crazy with these tires mounted, but it'll do. These tires are good enough for 911's so they should be good enough for me.

Sletcher

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stu
Vehicle(s)
20 GT350, 19 Expedition, 17 VW Alltrack
I can’t believe the dealer gave you a hard time. Even though they’re 295, in reality they’re wider than the 305 Cup 2s. TireRack specs confirm that.

I definitely agree with the “squishy” diagnosis. I’ve enjoyed pushing them in day to day driving. They still have a ton of grip, just not surgical precision anymore. Glad you like them.

MNGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350 base comp orange
I can’t believe the dealer gave you a hard time. Even though they’re 295, in reality they’re wider than the 305 Cup 2s. TireRack specs confirm that.

I definitely agree with the “squishy” diagnosis. I’ve enjoyed pushing them in day to day driving. They still have a ton of grip, just not surgical precision anymore. Glad you like them.
frustrating to know more about tire sizing than the tire shop. But that's how it goes.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm not personally planning to drive in snow, my goal was to have a tire that preforms well at near or below-freezing temperatures. Here in Oklahoma we have more really cold clear days than snow. During Saturday morning runs for breakfast or evening dinners It's been difficult to get enough heat into the Cup2s before I get where I'm going.
No tire is going to "perform well" by any sort of sporty standards. However, you will be able to drive the car safely and not slide into the ditch with either snows or all seasons. Based on what you said earlier I was going to recommend whatever is cheaper as your tire choice, but it sounds like you've made your decision. I had good luck with Blizzaks on my GT350 in colder weather, but I mostly avoided driving it in snow and ice. Weather mode is your friend and keep the revs down. Obviously the engine never gets fully warm in colder temperatures so it's not a good idea to rev it anyway.

Sletcher

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stu
Vehicle(s)
We have a weather mode?!

Jk. I'll definitely heed any advice from someone driving a 350 in Wisconsin, in the winter.

ShadowCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
Schmillen
Z
UPDATE:

Was a bit of a hassle but got the 295 squares setup installed today. Dealer I first took it to refused to install the 295's in the back as they would have had to stretch the tires. Thankfully local tire shop did it no problem just before we got a bit of snow. Wish it was easier to find all season / cool temp tires for this car. High performance German cars and Vettes manage; so why the drama with GT350s?

PXL_20201124_205723622.jpg

PXL_20201124_212310375.jpg

Ride is a little louder and squishier but seems fine. Won't be able to do anything crazy with these tires mounted, but it'll do. These tires are good enough for 911's so they should be good enough for me.
Hello all. I just purchased a 2017 Shelby GT350 on BaT. Its located in Golden and I will be picking it up next week or so. After some hours spent looking for a good winter tire I've came to the conclusion that your tire choice seems like a good fit for me. I don't intend to drive on snow/ice purposely but definitely will take it on cold ass roads here in Central Idaho. Do you mind sharing who installed your tires as I hope to pick up my new ride get them mounted and drive it home. I don't need to get any lip from dealer pissed I didn't buy tires from them. Much appreciated. PM me if best. Jake

Last edited:

ShadowCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
Schmillen
Z

Hello all. I just purchased a 2017 Shelby GT350 on BaT. Its located in Golden and I will be picking it up next week or so. After some hours spent looking for a good winter tire I've came to the conclusion that your tire choice seems like a good fit for me. I don't intend to drive on snow/ice purposely but definitely will take it on cold ass roads here in Central Idaho. Do you mind sharing who installed your tires as I hope to pick up my new ride get them mounted and drive it home. I don't need to get any lip from dealer pissed I didn't buy tires from them. Much appreciated. PM me if best. Jake
FDF0AF63-8CD7-4A1A-BBCB-CC0F058BB913.jpeg

Sletcher

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stu
Vehicle(s)
I’m in Oklahoma so, no help with installers, but I would definitely recommend finding a Road Force Balancer. I had some issues getting my tires to balance and the shop had to work hard to get them to balance out. One tire had to be swapped out (TireRack was great).

Also the DOT dates on the tires I got from TireRack we’re already 2 years old. No issues, just an observation and something to watch out for. There were some “never before used” tires, same kind as ours, for sale here on the forums that were really old.

Congrats on the purchase! You’ll love it.
Sponsored