Sponsored

Sneak Peak at Girodisc GT350 rear rotors

Byronj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2013 Boss 302
Here is a peak at the new Girodisc GT350 rear rotors. These are the prototypes. The production ones should be ready in about 4-6 weeks. Till then enjoy and I will do a full write up when I install them. Have a great 4th of July weekend
20200702_115049.jpg
20200702_115052.jpg
20200702_115105.jpg
Sponsored

lexxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
will it fit to regular GT?

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
What is the advantage to this over stock?

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Bravo. Love it when companies make a matching rear! Looking forward to your feedback. Assume you already have the fronts?

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
these are 2 piece rotors. You only need to replace the outer ring when they are worn down to replacement level.
that's not an advantage when the full oem 2 peice is cheaper than the ring though.... there's gotta be something else that makes them better to be a good purchase IMO

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
that's not an advantage when the full oem 2 peice is cheaper than the ring though.... there's gotta be something else that makes them better to be a good purchase IMO
From my experience with the fronts - durability. The OEMs last about half as long. It's nice when you have lots of back to back track days to not have to worry about rotors.

I don't have enough time on mine to feel 100% confident in that, tho.

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
From my experience with the fronts - durability. The OEMs last about half as long. It's nice when you have lots of back to back track days to not have to worry about rotors.

I don't have enough time on mine to feel 100% confident in that, tho.
hopefully by the time i go thru another oem set you'll have a better feel haha.... I almost pulled the trigger this last time but decided to run oem one more time

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
hopefully by the time i go thru another oem set you'll have a better feel haha.... I almost pulled the trigger this last time but decided to run oem one more time
From a purely cost perspective, they're definitely hard to justify. Have to run a ton of track days to make it worth it. I think I calculated you'd need to run through 4.5 sets of OEM rotors to break even if the Giros were lasting 1.5x as long. It's not great.

But I can say that the material seems better, they responded to my first day on them better (zero cracking of any kind), and they have a better design (slots vs. blanks/holes). For the rears, I'm guessing it'll mostly be an upgrade for those of us that are anal and struggling with different rotors front and rear :)

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
From a purely cost perspective, they're definitely hard to justify. Have to run a ton of track days to make it worth it. I think I calculated you'd need to run through 4.5 sets of OEM rotors to break even if the Giros were lasting 1.5x as long. It's not great.

But I can say that the material seems better, they responded to my first day on them better (zero cracking of any kind), and they have a better design (slots vs. blanks/holes). For the rears, I'm guessing it'll mostly be an upgrade for those of us that are anal and struggling with different rotors front and rear :)
not gonna lie, having matching rotors IS a selling point even though it just adds to the cost haha.

I'm more likely to try the fronts if the rears are available for sure.

I had 25 days scheduled for 2020, prob will keep roughly that amount of days per year going forward, maybe a few more... bought the car in apr or 2019 and just put my 3rd oem fronts on, so i could see seeing a benefit long term if it's true they last 1.5x or more!

and cosmetically i love them... soooooo

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
not gonna lie, having matching rotors IS a selling point even though it just adds to the cost haha.

I'm more likely to try the fronts if the rears are available for sure.

I had 25 days scheduled for 2020, prob will keep roughly that amount of days per year going forward, maybe a few more... bought the car in apr or 2019 and just put my 3rd oem fronts on, so i could see seeing a benefit long term if it's true they last 1.5x or more!

and cosmetically i love them... soooooo
You sound like a good candidate then! It's nice not having to swap rotors so much.

WHat tires have you been running?

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
Is 6lbs lighter.
Durability like Kevin said.
And mainly justified for track usage
However
I will see way more advantages as substitute for GT rear rotors.
The only 2piece option is steeda for what i know. But the weight saving is 2 lbs per rotor. So not much. Although they last forever. (Im at 14 track days and still going)
I would love to have a 2 piece for GT
Alessandro

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
You sound like a good candidate then! It's nice not having to swap rotors so much.

WHat tires have you been running?
We have talked on FB in past quite a bit... currently just killed a set of RE71R and am on GY Supercar 3 now... plus a set of super sports for iffy weather. maybe try the 3R next but not sure. The SC3 so far looks like it will last a long time with decent grip.
Sponsored