Sponsored

Smoking Tire -picks GT350R over ZL1 1LE

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I've never been a huge fan of the Camaros, especially the newer ones, but the new Zl1 1LE is pretty impressive and looks great. I still prefer the look and sound of the GT350, but the 1LE would make my decision much more difficult.
Sponsored

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
One would think Chevy figured-out after the Z/28 value crash.....track focused, above all else, cars have a very limited retail market. Ford actually went a bit too far on the opposite end of the scale with the early, Tech Pack GT350's....but Ford likely realized that vast majority of GT350's were never going to see serious track duty......they SHOULD have realized at least some of the Tech Pack cars would, eventually see a track day........nobody is perfect but Ford hit it out of the park with the GT350/350R in terms of market demand and dealers have certainly enjoyed the accompanying ADM train.....some at GM most certainly have had WTF? moments trying to match-up.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
If I weren't such a rabid member of the Mustang Tribe I'd be looking at a ZL1 right now to scratch my FI itch. I think Chevy did a perfect job with that car. As for the ZL1 1LE, I think it is too far to the track side, much as the Z28 was. Not a good car for street driving from everything I've seen or read. They'll still sell every one they make because badass.

I honestly don't believe that there will be a GT500 (or any factory FI Mustang under another name) until the S650 hits the street.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
I have 2 R's. I don't regret anything. I saw Matt's video on the 1LE. It left no impression. I saw a 1LE in the wild in San Jose. It grabbed my attention. The sound, the look, etc..... wow. IMHO, if it is a track car you are after in this class at this moment in time, then the 1LE is a better option.

All around street/track compromise, the 1LE is probably not your best option. I think that was the jist of the video.
I would say the R can't even come close to the 1LE which is why I am puzzled why fat boy even mentioned the R, save for the muffler sound. The track focus is a lot more in the 1LE than the R and the R is supposed to be "race" right? Given the the HP difference is 110+, but the times on the tracks that it has been run on are very far apart. The camber adjustment is not available like in the 1LE and DSSV is much more advanced then the magnetic struts. It is not even a fair comparison. The fabled GT500 which may never come out is its only competitor. Even then, I don't think it could beat the 1LE, no way.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
:kickrock:

Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
I've seen a few posts from a forum owner, that it will in fact beat the ZL1-L1E on the track, and from a drag it won't even be close.
In due time, we will find out.
Due time
Sponsored